Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Has anyone played a game of D&D using Baston's Handsome Man martial archetype? I'm thinking of giving it a burl but I don't know anywhere near enough about D&D to know if its horrifically unbalanced or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Psychepath posted:

Season 3 end spoilers: Has Dave ever said why he took magic away from the party in Freeside? It was deservedly vindictive but also didn't have a real payoff.

I'm 99% sure it was just to gently caress over Hing

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also, I'm enjoying having faces to put to the voices, but I'm getting very distracted trying to guess how old Benny Davis is. He's either a very stern 25 or a very gracefully-aged 50, I cannot tell.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Freezo's funhouse was my second favourite episode this season, behind the Demi Lardner one

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

caligulamprey posted:

Goddamn it, Tom Walker is funny.

He's got one eye!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Nuebot posted:

:stare: I can't believe it took me so long to realize.

keanu reeves voice woah

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Edan is one of the few who actually knows how to play d&d so I'd be surprised if he was loving it up that badly, but I guess anything is possible in the name of comedy

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh yeah, they had someone write a Handsome Man martial archetype for Baston and I think he later takes a level in monk because he kept refusing to do normal fighter things like 'use sword' and 'not fly-kick'

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

inthesto posted:

Dragon Friends episode of Dragon Heist is out: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/podcasts-waterdeep

Listening to these voices without any audience reaction at all will always be weird

This episode was great and I really enjoyed how well the guests played off them, it's nice for them to have a guest on that actually knows how to play D&D too

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Hughlander posted:

What’s the parody song they do in l episode one? I wish there was a wiki of all their poo poo because otherwise I feel the need to constantly relisten

There is a wiki! And it has transcripts of the episodes!

http://thedragonfriends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dragon_Friends_Wiki

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Episode 89 of FTAGH has an absolute incredible moment where the guest Guy Montgomery accidentally reveals that he's a weirdo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sexpig by night posted:

(didn't even know they were a couple)

they aren't, they are having two separate babies, one each

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I dunno if any of y'all watch Critical Role as well but there's a character in the latest episode that's giving me big Bobson Dugnutt vibes

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i really enjoy tom's (and to a lesser extent demi's) stand-up but it's very, uh, 'anti-comedy'

i feel like half the joy of watching tom's comedy is seeing how upset and un-entertained the audience is at his set which seems 100% intentional???

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I can't get this to download on podcast addict for some reason? Is something down or is my version bugging out? It also cant find bigsofttitty

I think it might be something in your app, I'm subscribed to both in podcast addict successfully

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Organza Quiz posted:

Even as an Australian we only really get 2-3 different ads. I just skip them since they're the exact length of the skip button.

I can't watch today's stream live but I'm very excited to come back and see what kind of energy is involved in a game played by Tom Walker, Demi Lardner, Jordan Raskopoulos and......... Simon Greiner.

ETA: now that i look at it that looks like some sort of burn on Simon which it is not, just that he tends to play things straight instead of being full of chaos energy like the other three.

I didn't watch it all but I saw the first hour or so and it was much more Simon energy than the usual 'itchyness' that Demi and Tom bring

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

My sources tell me Tom never claimed to not have, he just said that taking two weeks off to try was 'very disappointing' :newlol:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

i genuinely can't imagine even the most pro-police person having positive associations with police sirens

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The multi-DM tactic of having someone specifically play NPCs is also used in Fun City, a cyberpunk live-play podcast, and it rules there too. I've been trying to convince someone to just play NPCs in my home game because the dynamic is so much fun

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

a man as tall as a man!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm sure anyone reading this thread has already seen this other places but their Melbourne show is on sale rn:
https://twitter.com/drgnfrnds/status/1364021099197964294

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm catching up on the beef babes finally, and I'm now up to the episode where dave makes the questionable decision to let hing play the NPCs so he kills bushu and lol that the VOD skips over the beef break where presumably the chat rakes hing over the coals for 10 straight minutes. I kind of wanted to see that

haha I'm up the exact same point in my catch up and felt exactly the same, giving hing control of NPCs can only end badly

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I saw Michael Hing was a guest on the newest bst.png, so I decided to check out that podcast. One hour later and now I want both Tom and Demi to play dnd at the same time, because this energy is wild.

You're in luck! Well, not entirely, but even when playing a completely different game they're still following the rules of D&D just as closely as normal
https://thedragonfriends.com/episode/dragon-friends-and-friends-play-monster-of-the-week/

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

sexpig by night posted:

Also as someone who literally got nearly put in special ed due to my bad math scores I was genuinely a bit awestruck by Hing so casually saying the first numbers bit was easy and walking through it. I always forget that crazy brain is also big.

I'm normally pretty garbage at the numbers bit but I had the same reaction as Hing to that one, I couldn't believe no one else got it cos it was just addition and subtraction. Sometimes answers just stare ya right in the face I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

It's in the public feed now