Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Way I remember it he debuted in FCW/NXT as a knockoff of DeNiro's character in Cape Fear and as time went on he developed his swamp cult leader character from that and that's what he debuted with in WWE. There were elements that were clearly meant to freak people out and evoke fear and eeriness. Lights going out and then "appearing" and "disappearing." Spooky imagery. But it seemed to be kept to a psychological play and not step into the Undertaker/Kane supernatural nonsense for awhile. I haven't paid near enough attention to know when.

I also assumed Balor's Demon was just a thing he did to psych himself up for big matches and get in his opponents' heads, but this whole things sounds like its making all kinds of silly implications. Is it just Bray being a big nerd and acting like there's a real demon or is Finn playing along?

It's kayfabe not an actual demon. It's Finn both loving with his opponents psychologically and tapping into the darker parts of himself but there's not a literal demon even in kayfabe.

Also I don't care that they're doing this mostly to get Roman over, they got me. Watching The Shield wreck poo poo again was so loving fun and that TLC main is going to be loving awesome. I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much more than I expected is I get the vibe that Seth, Dean, and Roman are legit geeked up to be teaming together because The Shield was probably the most fun they've ever had. :3:

I think I feel about the Abigail stuff how some of you feel about Jinder. It's objectively terrible but i get some sort of twisted enjoyment out of it, and it doesn't piss me off because it's not being used as a main event angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Wait... do you think I was implying there was an ACTUAL demon possessing the body of Fergal Devitt? Do you think that little of me?

Or are you just clarifying a kayfabe within a kayfabe where the wrestler character of Finn Balor is just working other wrestler characters by saying his demon is real when really he knows its not? I would largely assume that the case but then there's a line that gets crossed with Undertaker or Kane where the "its an act" gets put aside for "no, its for real supernatural magic." I assume Finn is just playing psychological games but Bray seems to talk like he thinks its the supernatural goofy stuff. I'm asking how Finn has played that?

The latter. I was explaining that even in wrestling world it's all Finn loving with people and psyching himself up with war paint, in essence. It's not like Kane, Taker, or Bray where he's supposed to be otherworldly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack Anderson posted:

Nah.

Seriously, it only seems poo poo when compared to the WWE Network. The english is laughable but it gets the point across and it even separates matches into separate videos, something the Network never did. I also rarely have problems streaming live shows.

Then again you may be talking about the design in which case I'll say I'm a function over form kind of guy so whatever.

He was very obviously being sarcastic. How do you miss that?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

They did it. They successfully got Reigns cheered

Because it was awesome and all three guys seemed genuinely into it in a very infectious way.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

exploded mummy posted:

What thread do you this is Foochs

A den of cynics and dinguses? :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

Cynicdingus, New York

This post is cool and good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Under the vegetable posted:

Maybe Shaniqua can come back and they can tag.

There was a Botchamania with her where she was yelling at The Bashams and I think the line was SUPPOSED to be something like "You don't deserve to be berated by Shaniqua!" but she completely flubbed it and it was loving hilarious. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
loving lmao Jinder literally wasn't on SD.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a new study bible! posted:

WWE Discussion: I actually broke a chair with my extreme vibrating bounce rear end

Yeah this is one of the funniest posts in months.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Jimmy getting fired is BUUUUULLLSHIIIIIT but hot take: I think the Young Bucks are tryhards which is sorta ironic considering how the internet typically claims to feel about tryhards.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tomahawk posted:

they are actually really good wrestlers which makes a huge difference

Not saying they're not. Just saying they grate on me some. :shobon:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

its gonna be great when i eventually develop full blown dementia and all i can remember is an air conditioner ad for a company that hopefully by then will no longer exist

I literally head the dialogue in my head as I read the posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cams posted:

people have differing preferences and inclinations and therefore will evaluate the quality of things on different metrics

by my metrics, roman reigns is bad not due to booking or anything outside his control, but because he lacks almost all the qualities i value in a wrestler

That's fine but while most people would agree he's far from perfect or the best in the company, the whole "PEOPLE DON'T THINK HE'S IRREDEEMABLE?! *monocle pop*" refrain is really dumb and excessive.

• Locked thread