Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cody is a good wrestler. The Beautiful Disaster always looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Just imagine all the spoiled tomatoes and hot cabbage that Roman is going to get pelted with at the Royal Rumble in January when he wins the Royal Rumble again because Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns Roman Reigns....

Honestly if they keep him with the reunited Shield forever I think he'll be accepted more. He's more likable as part of a group even if he does end up doing mostly solo matches.

Reigns v Lesnar for WM 34 is still the most boring main event you could possibly conceive of, but maybe it won't be quite as blatantly rejected this time. This for Vince would be a victory.

Look, I don't think Reigns is terrible, but someone going on and on about how he's the best loving psychological wrestler ever and all his matches are perfectly paced and Cody always sucked anyway... it's a little irritating.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

My problem with Roman has never been that he can't have a decent match in ring. He can it's the fact that dude has no personality in ring as far as offense is concerned. He's can't fly, he's not technical, his power moves aren't that powerful. He's supposed to be a striker but his strikes always look weak. He just kind of exists to have WWE style matches.

I mean, if you look at the 2014 Royal Rumble, he looked like a very good hoss there. And in Shield 1.0 that was also his thing, he was the bruiser, and I think that can translate into solo matches well enough.

The problem was that when he was made the #1 babyface of the future, he had to wrestle the WWE Babyface style, which means some offense at the start, get beat up a bunch, then come back and hit your big moves. And I just don't think he makes that heat portion very interesting- it always feels like passing time until he makes a comeback.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Roman is over but he's not over enough to be The #1 Guy. Of course at this point NOBODY is, which is the problem, but I don't see why that's being taken out on someone who was quite good with the company and was not quite used to his full potential.

Seriously it's a weird pattern with this board. "This company sucks at building stars! They don't push new people!" :Guy leaves: "Ah, that bastard was always terrible."

It's like we've internalized this Brass Ring bullshit and actually believe the people who didn't make it in the company Just Weren't Good Enough.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Cody was always always bad.

This was never the IWC until maybe shortly before he left. I never disliked him at all. Good wrestler, great heel personality on the mic, the Doctor Doom stuff was hilarious and good because wrestling heels should be kinda over the top.

• Locked thread