Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

hey wait a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the spear is weird because its the simplest move conceptually but literally only 1 wrestler has ever been good at it

look I liked caitlyn too but this is hyperbole

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

No Luck Needed posted:

]

Cesaro and Russev are great pro wrestlers, that why it is so crazy that WWE has great scouts that can figure out who to hire, it is just too bad the person running the place has gone from crazy like a fox to just plan crazy.

Vince was always just crazy, hes the luckiest motherfucker walking the earth

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

That's the best part about this entire thing. Punjabi isn't even the most dominant language in India. Jinder cuts his promos in it, but it makes no loving sense from a marketing perspective.

In India:

Punjabi is spoken by around 35m people as of 2015.
English is spoken by 122m people as of 2015.
Hindi is spoken by 425m+ people as of 2015.

Like WWE should know this, considering their Indian broadcast team uses/speaks Hindi.

Also yeah, India doesn't like Jinder.

And Vince will probably stop the push the moment financials come in from this attempt at expanding into India. He's absolutely loving stupid from a booking standpoint, but he will also probably stop the push once he realizes network subs/revenue is down in every other country that WWE operates in/has services in, because he's not a complete dumbass when it comes to business decisions.

I asked one of my indian fans about this and he said Jinder is speaking Hindi

It's a Punjab dialect apparently

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Latino Pete posted:

Iím not really a fan of the Bucks, but thatís a good tweet right there.

I'm a fan of the Bucks and that's a great tweet

Also

rovert posted:

*According to two different sources, Neville has pushed for a release with the idea of leaving the company and building his name outside of it, similar to what Drew McIntyre did prior to his return to NXT. We have been told there were several factors Neville was unhappy with. One source claimed a souring point was being left off of the Wrestlemania 33 DVD, which meant no royalties from what is traditionally the biggest selling WWE DVD of the year.

lol that's insanely cheap/petty by wwe

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

rovert posted:

It isn't. To my understanding, there was no space on the DVD set for those matches.

Horseshit.

Like, I don't doubt you were told that. But you were told horseshit.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

But hey Vince is out of touch he doesn't know what his product is.

Agreed

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Look I'm not advocating for the days of Bubba being aroused by powerboming women through tables but Stephanie should be owned regularly and not by an accidental spear

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

bartok posted:

WWE should get that Nathan For You guy to help them.

Plan: Allow the audience to vote on the outcome of WWE matches

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

This is a good metaphor for my hope as a DC sports fan, as the old lady should have died a long time ago

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Benne posted:

Bray actually had a cool thing going with he and Randy as the tag champs, and Harper's growing resentment at being cast to the sidelines. By the time Bray won the world title, they were setting up a potentially great breakup angle between the three and Harper got great crowd reactions as a righteous babyface

Then Randy burned down a shack, Harper got chucked into the trash and Bray made the ring look like bugs. Somehow it got worse from there.

The title match should have been a triple threat

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i really hope kenny is smart enough to stay away from wwe

Same but the money hasto be hard to turn down

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Cody isn't great but he's alright, seems to be much happier on the indies, and poking wwe and/or roman is good

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Twitter loved that Cena match.

ok but it was bad

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

They had a chance to do that in 2015 and instead Roman just squashed Dean in 8 minutes

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

I was counting NXT

Well, don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

It's easy in hindsight to poo-poo the lesnar match but I and most of us dug it in the moment and they should have pulled the trigger then

• Locked thread