Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Me uni a la Revolucion #RXT

el sabe ...

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Am I misremembering or when Bray first appeared wasn't he just a backwater cult leader with David Icke-esque delusions of grandeur, with almost none of this supernatural horseshit? It was so much loving better that way.

When Bray debuted that was the case, then enough people (both in and out WWE) said OH SO HE'S THE NEXT UNDERTAKER and now he's what happens when you go overboard on the wackiness without having the credibility, which is a less cool Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

oatgan posted:

hmm ok but what if sting and hogan wrestled in a haunted house and then afterwards hogan did interviews where he buried the match and said their whole feud was stupid because that definitely happened to bray

also after all this and hogan got the belt back he lost it to...let's say robbie rage

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

they can't all be aj styles and botch kicking out

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Looking forward to McGregor being paid more than anybody on the roster, including Brock, to make a couple appearances.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

WadeBartender posted:

i could say many bad things about road dogg but he's in a position to get his domme kink on national tv and i think thats a beautiful thing

it's he

it's he

it's the d-o-double g

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

rovert posted:

Reached out to everyone who I thought would know about Neville but no one does.I am talking about those who greased the wheels on him getting signed. And no nothing.

The Man Who Rovert's Sources Forgot

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Rehire Hornswoggle and have him beat Kevin Owens clean, imho.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

From wheezing pendants

So wrestling fans.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

to be fair there are reasons beyond the style that caused lucha underground to lose a lot of money, like the people in charge not trying anything that could make them money and doing seasons for a group used to wrestling every week without stoppages

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Any benefit in viewership from the theory of how cool it is for men and women to hit each other will be offset by advertisers, who already tend to dislike wrestling, going 'oh wow that sure is a real man really hitting a real woman' and nope'ing the gently caress out of there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Unless its the longest running weekly scripted television program!

Like, did you just forget when they didn't shut up about that for a year

Actually they called it episodic, not scripted.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

'did you forget that they said this thing for a year?' *forgets what they said*

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Chris James 2 posted:

Is that evidence people didn't want to see intergender violence or evidence people didn't want to see Sexy Star

For the record, I want to see neither

The ratings drop didn't happen until after she LOST the title, so if ratings drops are because people didn't want to see her then they should have gone up after she lost.

I can imagine nobody on earth caring about seeing Johnny Mundo though.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

Davros1 posted:

What's worse is no one is saying that's too dumb of an idea for WWE. "Guy says it's immoral to be a video game cover guy? Yeah, that sounds like a WWE story line."

Goldberg vs. Brock last year started over a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

el sabe ...

The top guy should be, and is, Jinder Mahal.

• Locked thread