Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

He's also heavily protected as the top guy and is always put in very rehearsed matches against people that management knows will be able to put on a good match with him. Kinda reminds u of Sasha in NXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Faustian Bargain posted:

What's with the "one fall" chant? idgi

X-Pac said something on twitter about the ring announcer being a mark.
It's something that UK crowds do, and one of the things that the NXT smarks picked up and started chanting after NXT in London (Along with the Hey Bayley do you wanna be my girl)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Tye is in the exact same place as someone like Zack Ryder was. He is mostly catchphrase over, fairly charismatic, and a good wrestler but he's a one-dimensional character that has a definite ceiling, and that's maybe jobbing in an IC/US title match every once in a while.

It's a stroke of pure luck that Breeze has ended up where he's at right now, Vince just happens to think Fashion Files are as funny as everyone else does. Tye's been over-rated by the IWC and NXT crowd and people should know how Vince treats people who get over without his permission, they're emotionally beaten until they decide to leave the company, and sometimes the whole industry.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Who could blame him? He's one of the most crisp wrestlers in the world and in the last couple months

He lost his title to Tozawa because Vince showed up one day and on a whim decided he wanted a title change
He lost his title again on a whim to Enzo who had a very, very short run.

His ceiling would be 205 Live and the title is just getting traded around now with no rhyme or reason. He could go to Japan and start making that Young Bucks money for being one of the best wrestlers in the world.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

fart blood posted:

Is it possible the Enzo heat is slightly worked? Tradition and history dictate that people who are universally detested are fired quickly.
They rarely fire people since Linda became a politician because it would make her look really bad. Now they just break people until they ask for their releases.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I don't think it will because despite Bray looking like a buffoon constantly on TV, he's always sold as being legitimate and I doubt that Balor would be the one to start cracking jokes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

I forgot throughout this pretty good Smackdown that they promised us Fashion Files AGAIN and didn't deliver

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

rovert posted:

I will say Jimmy has had issues with substance abuse in the past. So the Bucks stuff might not be the sole reason why they cut him.
If you're a scoopsman you probably shouldn't hint at a returning drug problem unless you know something is up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Pentagon vs the Scorpion Trio was really good but it took 3 of the best women's wrestlers to actually take him out. Sara Del Rey also had some good matches in CHIKARA against smaller or marginally larger sized wrestlers, but I don't really see most women that are five foot nothing being able to take on the 6 foot plus guys in WWE

Seeing Asuka soccer kick fools in 205 Live would be cool though, Asuka and Drew Gulak could probably put on a clinic

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

RacistGuidingLight posted:

it's a reference to a thing I haven't heard of
only 90s kids...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

J-Ru please bump the bad wrestling shirts thread, we have a new contender

http://shop.wwe.com/alicia-fox-craz...irt/QA1001.html

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

i want to see an arena explode when jinder mahal locks in the rack
Can't believe you support terrorism smdh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

All should aspire to be like wrestling Buddhist Kota Ibushi who only does exactly what he wants to for the thrill and not for money. Sometimes that's competing in the G1 Climax, sometimes that's competing in the CWC, sometimes that is lighting fireworks out of his rear end in a top hat as people around him scream in horror.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Austin Aries just mentioned he's making more in the next 6 weeks than he made in the last 4 months of WWE now. It wasn't a bad idea for Triple H to sign all these indie guys, the bad idea was not expanding NXT to 2 hours or giving them another show and keeping them as far away from Vince as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

King of the Pirates?

Roman Reigns is what you get if early 2000's Triple H wanted to be a babyface and taken seriously, instead of relying on DX comedy.

• Locked thread