Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

No they don't.

They don't get treated the same but the juniors are treated way better then the 205 guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The junior tags are doing better then the heavy weights right now. The last 4 title matches have been a variation of the same match and KES sucks.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The ideal promotion has 13 weight classes, 5 guys in each class, only 3 of those classes are worth watching, and they only fight each other every 3 to 4 months to properly sell their injuries. I call it UFC.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Amount of money made is also a terrible indicator of anything. Lucha Underground is a good show with bad management so it makes poo poo money. WWE is a terrible show that knows how to make money. Success is not an indication of quality.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You might think Chikara is doing badly because of a lack of big names, Quack's difficulty to work with, and their convoluted story line, but actually it is because women and men can fake fight each other.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hey guys, the wrestlers beat the poo poo out of each other each monday, then work a house show during the week, and do it all again on monday. Why do those loser UFC fighters need months to heal up? They're both real!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

One of the best live matches I ever saw was Heidi Lovelace vs. Donovan Dijack and I hope NXT starts running intergender matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fiveace Attorney posted:

women should generally not be wrestling men for the same reason women should not be fighting men in ufc, because the minute you have a guy beating on a woman getting heat (which does not take 15 minutes) you're promoting that and have it on your head

This is a mortal kombat caused columbine level of stupid.

e: women don't fight men in the UFC because it wouldn't be a balanced fight.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just don't know what world you live in where you think a fake inter-gender wrestling match = a woman being beaten unconscious. How is something like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21SWs4PA3s, Ricochet vs. Tessa Blanchard, not a fun match?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You said a woman wrestling a man would be the same as a woman fighting a man in the ufc. I posted an example showing that they don't have to be the same or presented the same way.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

i saw a video on youtube of Kana having an intergender match in Japan and it was possibly the most uncomfortable thing i've ever seen in my life

Fun fact, if it is the Kana/Suzuki match she booked it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

And not make money off of it? I'd put it on tv.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If they book Jinder as a face in India does that make him subject to the "home town" loss?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Nakamura did have a good Orton match too, that was interesting, but he also seems to be "I'm 40, my body is poo poo, why not cash out and coast on my physical charisma and spots that pop the crowd?"

for every Owens, a guy who's dream is WWE there is a Nakamura who knows where the early retirement money is.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, Its a bit grey but he was Randy Wyatt when he won.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, being the 7th hour of tv and the only hour unavailable on tv make it fairly unwatched. The in ring product is good but not that different from any other wwe product. The stories are fine but require you to watch a raw segment each week. It's just all meh.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I generally like Cody on the indies. I feel like the Cody hate is the result of good heel work.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

Cody on the ROH PPV just said Roman's vest was covering up his potbelly and his failed drug tests

And you guys said Cody was bad. Welcome to the #Resistance, Cody.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Roman is an ok wrestler and a huge victim of booking. Even if he had good booking he spent a long time freezing up in promos and still can't perform all of his "power" moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

Cody may not have the best workrate but he's really loving cocky and that kind of charisma draws me in.

Meanwhile Roman is... just Roman.

"The Guy" is such an awful character but probably not his fault. They did the same thing with Cena but Cena at least had the benefit of having a character before WWE decided he was a heel to the haters and a face to his fans. Cena also just has some natural charisma.

Roman's booking has been silent guy in the shield, the underdog who gets every chance and has to say Vince's hand written notes, and "the guy".

• Locked thread