Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

If you're Okada and you've seen what Nakamura and Finn have been part of over the last 25 hours, you never leave Japan even on vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

KungFu Grip posted:

hi i'm not going to be making discussion threads anymore, bye

I liked your OPs and hope you stick around at least <3

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Just cleaned up the OP to be a bit easier to read.

Thank you

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So yeah this kills Bray dead

Forget if I said this in the spoiler thread or elsewhere but essentially my thoughts are: Could have been worse. Yeah, surprisingly, as bad as this was, if this had actually not been Bray-only it would have been Real Bad. Imagine if this was like...Paige's return. Or Asuka's main roster debut. Or Candice LeRae's signing and debut. Or Nikki Cross' callup or something. This would have ruined any of them from the start and there'd have been no coming back from it. For Bray, while this is easily Worst Gimmick of the year, this may not even result in his second-worst match of the year, and even if it was a WMOTY candidate, hey, he's already got 2 or 3 of them this year too, just add it to the pile

Which in itself I think is a good discussion point. Between this, House of Horrors, and Mania Worms, how many people even remember Bray won a world title this year? And there's still 2 more months for even more dumb and bad poo poo involving him in-ring

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

By the day I'm agreeing more and more with the "anything good WWE does/did is/was either a mistake, fluke, or not their idea at all" belief

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The chair transformation was good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

I wish he would Animorph into a pink slip.

He does the poo poo nobody else would do and that he clearly won't say no to. He's got a job there as long as he wants one

For anyone who thinks this is as bad as it can get for him: people said the same about House of Horrors. A little over 5 months ago. Buckle up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"Seth wants to buckle bomb me at ringside during the match? Sure, what could go wrong?

*13 months later*

Turns out, a lot"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE put up an interview with Mike Kanellis about his prescription drug addiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnrDVCsTd7w

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They did it. They successfully got Reigns cheered

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Reportedly it's just because they feel like they have no big draw without Cena and Brock, so it's not just nakedly to boost Roman.

Brock's back in Survivor Series

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I find Roman Reigns burying the Young Bucks for being unoriginal the same day the Shield reunites as a vehicle to get him over to be kind of incredible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

Not if you are ordering your steak well done as God intended. Then there's the extra wait after you have to remind the waiter that he forgot to bring you a bottle of catsup.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaEhw6O...ken-by=johncena

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

cams posted:

this is not true why do people keep saying this

roman is probably one of the worst workers wwe has on their roster. i legitimately feel i am being gaslit when people say he is anything but bad.

Only thing I can think of is "compared to other wrestlers like Jinder"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The reason romans matches with Braun worked so well was because they were heavily scripted and heavily gimmicked.

Also Reigns is good at selling poo poo like random Braun running into you on the ramp

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hell yeah

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neville as a kid growing up would go to his aunts to watch WWF because his parents banned it. All he wanted was to be in the WWF eventually

WWE is just incredibly skilled at breaking people's will to continue

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My complaining brought Harper back

Still stuck with Rowan though

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neville/Hiromu would basically immediately be one of the most easy matches to book for Wrestle Kingdom

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Roman being the strong one who actually gets it done and then roars triumphantly. Also the super fast random cuts and zooming in and out was really dumb.

Both of these things happened all the time when the Shield were originally a thing. People just didn't hate Reigns at the time, and liked the camera effects

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sotar posted:

Honestly Roman was a perfect fit for Shield as the muscle of the group.

I definitely don't disagree, and especially think it was a good choice instead of Hero

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

apologies for the motion sickness

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ricochet seeing his last full arena before going to 205 Live

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two Beans posted:

"Ever since I was a child I dreamed of working here"

How long before he walks out too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/...245869316538368

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So when do they start banning Bullet Club shirts on TV? I mean they are showing up on camera at most Raw/SmackDown tapings

Someone asked Dave this on Twitter and he basically said they used to do stuff like that in the 80s but would never get away with doing it today even if they tried

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TNA put out a 4 DVD set of Jeff Jarrett's career there. WWE could have made a 7 hour show be released in its entirety, even if it needed a mysterious extra disc to do so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

The Season 3 decline started right after Sexy Star's one week reign.

Is that evidence people didn't want to see intergender violence or evidence people didn't want to see Sexy Star

For the record, I want to see neither

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

the advertisers are going to see a white guy beating up a black guy and then they won't want to advertise on raw!

This is 2017 america, they'd just give Vince more money for it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was going to say, hasn't he basically at least unofficially retired from in-ring activity?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

You can't get Rowdy Ringsports banned! YOU'LL REGERET THIS!!!!!

Yes, regret it with the eternal shame of not having done it sooner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

l m f a o

F4W posted:

Dave Meltzer reported in today's daily update that current plans call for Raw's top champion to face SmackDown's top champion in a non-title match at November's dual-branded Survivor Series pay-per-view.

The match would be Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal, with neither the Universal nor WWE Championship on the line.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One Khallas is All it Takes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

lmao if Brock loses clean to Jinder

I'll settle for just the loss

Start the build to Jinder/Reigns here

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

how the gently caress do you gently caress up shinsuke nakamura

It was surprisingly easy, just like it was for everyone else, which is why fans will be surprised when it happens with Kenny when he joins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Just makes it all the better when Roman is standing tall at the end of wm34

Add Dean and Seth raising his hands while Brock looks on to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque spent literally half a year telling Rovert Adam Cole was absolutely not leaving ROH and going to WWE/NXT, then when Cole did exactly that, Roque almost verbatim went "whatever, he's overrated anyway"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Enzo got heel heat at last night's house show by 1) mentioning Neville quitting and 2) taking credit for it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a.lo posted:

why name it 205 live

Someone asks you if you want to watch this live show, and you say no exactly 205 times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Asuka will lose via countout or some poo poo on a random Raw before the year is over.

I'm not ruling out January 1st Raw to start the year off right

• Locked thread
«2 »