Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm amazed that they handled the Enzo and Kalisto moves so well. They built up both wrestlers in a way that made 205 one of the hot storylines, and had a good, if short, title run for Enzo that had interesting angles and a satisfying conclusion. They even let Enzo put up an actual fight in the title loss, and he actually did pretty well which lets him be an actual threat in future angles. Now 205 has two new wrestlers that are already over and they gave Neville a huge push as well. No one came out of that feud looking bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Good to see Ellsworth finally getting rewarded for grabbing all those brass rings.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
e:wrong thread meant for livethread.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Who is in charge of booking 205?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I can appreciate that they did the commentary table triple powerbomb spot like they did in their debut, but man it's impossible to top putting Ryback through the same table two nights in a row with Roman shouting "Let's do it again King" and "This is my table"

That was some good poo poo.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hahaha even in kayfabe everyone loves Breezango. It feels like they're testing the waters for a potential face turn for the uso's again except with their heel gimmick, which would honestly be pretty fun, and holy poo poo am I glad that they're finally killing the uso's and new day feud to try something new.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The new day was always good as well, but yeah I'm looking forward to my stay in the uso penitentiary.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm just saying that both teams were really loving good and the feud was great, but I'm glad they ended it with the uso's winning to shake things up.

If you want some spicier takes, I've been down for Corbin since MitB which is about when I got into wrestling and when everyone still hated him, and I enjoy his character more than AJ's. He deserves a good title run and I'm really glad they finally stopped the dumb punishment booking.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah it probably wasn't the smartest move by him, but I respect him standing up for it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ellsworth is in a really toxic relationship. He could find a nice lady who loves him for what he is and isnt use him as a surrogate for her loving military boyfriend who comes to visit this weekend.

This are my toughts on this matter

Way to be a closed minded rear end about a consensual BDSM based wrestling relationship. I support their relationship and applaud their bravery for being so open about it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Sounds like the Neville rumors might have been true after all. That's a real shame, I feel like 205 was on the cusp of a big swing if they stuck with the current push, but losing Neville is gonna be a big hit. Hopefully he lands on his feet in NJPW or wherever.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think occasional intergender wrestling would be pretty cool to give some of the wrestlers some interesting storylines. I mean keep the divisions still, but allow there to he some crossover every once in a while so the women aren't just crammed into their meager cubbyhole of nothing feuds and fatal 4 way matches in the middle of the show because they don't care enough about the division to make a main event worthy storyline.

Or just book the women's division well, that'd be neat too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm glad that we have all come to the logical conclusion that women should not be allowed to perform with their male peers and that anyone who supports it wants to see women getting beaten down in the middle of the ring for 15 minutes instead of an actual wrestling match.

Thank you all for providing evidence that lucha underground failed because it allowed a woman to compete and win a title, and not because it was a wildly experimental show in an almost entirely different format from traditional wrestling.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Fiveace Attorney posted:

thanks trump lover for your nuanced view on gender relations and how women fighting dudes is going to save the carny business

it is hilarious that somehow people watch this product with all of its incredibly bad decisions and the thing that most leaps out to them is "hay why arent the women and men beating each other up i thought we had EQUALITY?? kek"

That's the default avatar now, I didn't pick it, and I'm not saying that intergender wrestling is going to save a company that pushes Jinder and a guy who shows up once a month or so as champions.

While I can understand being really iffy about it, I stand by my point that the WWE women's divisions are loaded with wrestlers on the same level or even better than the wrestlers in the men's division and that they could put on some legendary matches if allowed to. Do I think that WWE would handle intergender wrestling properly? Probably not, but I still support it as a concept.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Fiveace Attorney posted:

women should generally not be wrestling men for the same reason women should not be fighting men in ufc, because the minute you have a guy beating on a woman getting heat (which does not take 15 minutes) you're promoting that and have it on your head

Fair point, and I agree to an extent, even if comparing ufc to Sports Entertainment is kinda silly. Though I don't think even modern WWE would be stupid enough (but they're always full of surprises) to have a woman job in an intergender segment just to drum up heat. Save it for more or less equal footing feuds and don't bust it out all the time. Midcarders against midcarders, main eventers against main eventers, etc.

As long as you're careful to avoid situations like that where it's just one sided, I think it could be done very well. You probably couldn't do those drawn out bloody feuds with brutal chair beatdowns every other week, but that still leaves plenty of room to write some good wrestling.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

VJeff posted:

My honest opinion on intergender wrestling is I think the concept of it is cool but I think you write yourself into a corner very quickly because I dunno if many people would buy a woman beating on a dude to get heat and I think a man beating on a woman to get heat would be very uncomfortable very quickly and would kinda mark that guy as a douchebag heel forever.

So basically I think it'd be sorta impossible to do with a traditional heel/face dynamic. And it's definitely light years out of WWE's capabilities.

They do mixed matches fairly often but theyre very stilted and obviously the men never get any offense on the women. I think the closest we came was one time Sasha and Charlotte kicked Rusev out of the ring and he looked like he was gonna beat the holy hell out of them before Roman came down and was roundly booed.

Honestly yeah. I don't think the culture as a whole could handle it anytime in the near future with the current political climate, and it would require a very skilled hand behind the scenes to write it, which WWE does not have.

If you were gonna do it, crossover with 205 would probably be the best way to ease into it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I know you're all stuck in your old ways, but times are changing, and it's time to let Ellsworth wrestle in the women's division. He' earned that briefcase and he's ready to show the world what he's made of.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Jack Anderson posted:

I don't get why you guys don't like those derails, it was very insightful reading.

It's a touchy subject, but one with a lot of really good points on both ends that leads to some interesting chat.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Titus' instagram videos from that little field trip were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Roman Reigns is a really good wrestler and the anger people hold towards him is misdirected and should actually be turned on the people doing the booking.

• Locked thread