Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Please remember to pour one out for emma when she gets murdered by asuka at tlc.

I'm kind of torn. On the one hand they put on a great match in NXT and would love to see another one of those, on the other Emma's been booked so weak on the main roster Asuka having trouble putting away someone Nia casually squashes would make her look awful.

Gotta love WWE spite booking and what it does to talented people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

The Sister Abigail segment was legit one of the worst things I've ever seen in wrestling

How did they think that was going to play

Random person in the crowd's uproarious laughter midway through it was amazing.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

rovert posted:

So I was told Neville was unhappy for a while and WWE told him if he got his heel character over he'd get a heavyweight push on Raw. He obviously did and then WWE dragged their feet in honouring their promise.

Wanting him to job to Enzo again to set up Kalisto vs Enzo at the PPV was seemingly the final straw.

Just let Neville take the belt off Jinder and he can drop it to AJ sometime next year in a burn the house down match.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

The Bullet Era

I'd mark.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Oh poo poo 100+ posts on a Thu, something important must ha-:yikes:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Oh my God :suicide:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Roman's a decent-to-good wrestler, but until he's capable of doing something like Cena did with Khali and just carry someone to a great match that just doesn't have it anymore (or never did) I can't truly put him in the really good or better territory.

That match he had with Taker at Mania was eye-opening, they knew that match was going to happen for months, had all sorts of time to agent and plot it out, and it was still terrible. It was a worse match than the year before when Taker was fighting the owner's 46 year old son, and a man 15 years his junior in much better shape with far more in-ring experience couldn't put on something better. The crowd the next night on Raw wasn't epically hostile just because of Roman's latest crowning match, but because the longest tenured wrestler on the roster, someone who's been around since most of us were kids, went out in such an embarrassing fashion. If Cena had Taker's retirement match he WOULD have carried him to something decent like Michaels did with Flair, the crowd would've been a fraction as hostile because Taker's exit would've been respectful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Also I still have no idea why they keep having Roman come out and brag about retiring Taker. It's never gotten a positive reaction and just comes off as the heelest drat thing for the top babyface/The Guy should be saying. What on earth is Vince thinking with that I'll never understand.

• Locked thread