Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I seriously cannot stop laughing just thinking about that Bray Wyatt segment.

yea ok posted:

I got tickets to see the Shining on the big screen in november, should be a good time.

The Shining is my favorite Kubrick film (Barry Lyndon is also great) and I've been lucky enough to see it on the big screen, and it's even better that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

hi i'm not going to be making discussion threads anymore, bye

Sorry to hear that KFG. I hadn't heard from you and wasn't sure if you were making one tonight - your threads were very good and I appreciated them.

Just cleaned up the OP to be a bit easier to read.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Finn standing there talking about how he could feel the evil emanating from this thing would have been real cool if said thing hadn't been laughably pathetic. As it was it just made him look silly as well which is a shame, since like a week ago or so he casually mentioned wanting another shot at the Universal Title and the crowd was super into the idea (because it's a cool idea).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Shield reunion is great because if it is ANYTHING like the old way the Shield was run, it's doing the most basic but important poo poo correctly: you highlights strengths and hide weaknesses. The three of them are such a complete package and cover for each other's weaknesses so well, and if they keep with Roman being the big hitter who comes in to put the finishing touches/final blow on their opponents it is probably gonna get him just as over as he was back when they were still a unit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I assume Finn is just playing psychological games but Bray seems to talk like he thinks its the supernatural goofy stuff. I'm asking how Finn has played that?

I laughed so much during and following that segment.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glad you had a good time, and that looks like a cool dark match :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Finn we're not going to show you the video because we want a genuine reaction. I showed it to a film student and they were so terrified they fell into hysterical laughter and then started vomiting, so it must be scary!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Seth Rollins is

*crunches numbers*

Good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Graves shouting,"WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE!" over Enzo's entrance cracked me up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really liked the match but I can see how somebody would be jaded after seeing the same two teams fight month after month and swap the titles back and forth with every match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

Sister Abigail looks and sounds like a Garth Marenghi character

I was thinking one of the more (!) surreal Mighty Boosh characters but yeah this fits pretty loving well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

I forgot that the USOS won the title. I updated the champions page, sorry for the mistake.

You posted the wrong image size, I fixed it up and added Kalisto and Corbin's images - for some reason his outfit on wwe.com isn't his cool Lucha costume, and neither he nor Corbin have images with the belts yet.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The worst thing are the stupid effects. They dont even know if we should take this poo poo serious or not.

The effect was amazingly terrible, because you can't even call it amateur stuff - an amateur wouldn't make a mistake that bad and use such an awful transition effect. How the hell they set that up and nobody said,"Wait... this looks awful..." I don't know.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo that movie was made almost a quarter of a century ago. Mara Wilson is 30 now :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful :allears:

oatgan posted:

Sting was cool

Sting IS cool :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dexie posted:

So I haven't been watching Smackdown because I can't handle more than three hours of the company a week.

What the hell happened with those two? :stare:

Ellsworth absolutely hosed up Carmella's chances at cashing in the briefcase AND also winning the title clean without having to cash in. She got so pissed off she fired him as her PA and kicked him off the show. He came back the next week begging her tearfully to take him back, and she told him that from now on she was in charge and he did EXACTLY and ONLY what she told him, when she told him. Then she gave him a big kiss before slapping the utter poo poo out of him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Neville really has become so much better on the mic it's crazy, it would be a shame to see him leave WWE but I can't imagine he wouldn't be able to make a killing back on the Indies, or that New Japan wouldn't be keen to snap him up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Neville/Hiromu

:vince:

God that would be so loving awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP. It was a pretty good show this week!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Nah he was in the dark main :lol:

:laffo:

loving incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's goofy for sure, but it's Luke Harper getting screentime and with any luck the shift away from Usos vs New Day means more space for the other tag teams, including Harper and Rowan carrying around giant hammers and making :stare: faces, and I can't complain about that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

Jinder vs Roode vs Dolph lmao

Holy loving poo poo :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Croc posted:

only now its harper and rowan doing it

Only Harper is doing that face that Pennywise does during his dancing scene in IT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FUUCCCCCCKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU WWE!

Not my pretty princess Jimmy..... :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dacap posted:

They probably realized they need to introduce the Bludgeon Bros first before they are revealed as "2B"

I do like that all the goofy gifts the Fashion Police were sent take on a bizarre/sinister context if you consider it was Rowan sending them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jimmy was also the guy working heavily with Chris Jericho on his latest run, and came up with the basic initial idea for.... THE LIST.

Jimmy deserves better than this lovely treatment :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Meltzer got fired?

Dave's their Uncle first, their friend second :colbert:

cams posted:

i have no strong opinions on hangman page

With this information I've narrowed down your real identity to everybody in the world except for maybe Hangman Page.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 12, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Was told Jimmy Jacobs might end up in IMPACT as him and Scott D'Amore are boys going back to Detriot indies.

He doesn't lack offers thankfully.

I'd like to think he'd fit better in ROH but I have no idea whether they have more than one writer or if everything is just handled by Delirious.

Two Beans posted:

Ya'll are gonna flip when Asuka makes Roman tap out for the belt at Mania in two years.

The logical endpoint of her two year shoot on the main roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Bryan and Vinny talking about Lucha Underground brought up the good point that it was never treated respectfully. It was never a back and forth contest where the women used their technique and speed, while the men used power moves, but still mainly lucha style stuff that isn't always brutal. It was the men beating the poo poo out of the women with strikes, and not treating them as threats, just people they could easily beat viciously.

Something Bryan would often go to great pains to say was that he wasn't even opposed to the idea of intergender matches when they were used effectively, but that he just couldn't enjoy matches where dudes just whaled on women for 10 minutes then pinned them.

I did disagree with his opinion on that Pentagon vs the three Japanese wrestlers, which I thought was a really cool and fun match to watch but he absolutely hated, primarily because of the arm-breaking spots Pentagon did at the end of each match. I could see that complaint if it wasn't something that Pentagon tried to do as a matter of course to almost every wrestler he has a match with.

Wazzu posted:

In much less important news, WWE network is loving up for me. It will show video on the main page, but when I try to get individual videos (like NXT, a PPV replay, 205 etc.) it just won't load, gets stuck on a loading screen. Any advice, or is it time to try and interact with their terrible technical support?

I had a big issue with the latest NXT yesterday, the video wouldn't load for something like 40 minutes, even if I logged out and shut down my browser. Maybe they're having server issues?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember thinking we were gonna see a little of that "I'll kick your rear end, gently caress you" heel come back when Owens faced Goldberg and there was that moment where he basically braces himself and then gets in Goldberg's face and tells him he'd be more than happy to fight him. I still figured Goldberg would beat him but that they might actually let Owens get some offense in, even if only to give Goldberg some more ring time before his big Brock match. Instead they did the distraction spot and spear finisher, which was cool from the Goldberg side of things but didn't really do Owens any favors.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I am going to troll you.

I already have plenty of toilet rolls, but thank you all the same.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

J-Ru please bump the bad wrestling shirts thread, we have a new contender

http://shop.wwe.com/alicia-fox-crazy-like-a-fox-authentic-t-shirt/QA1001.html

That's astonishingly terrible.

The bad wrestling shirts thread is locked down for archiving now, but feel free to make a new one, I'm sure there are plenty more bad t-shirts out there!

VJeff posted:

I can see the booking team thinking that protects Owens when in reality it just made him look like a moron.

It would have been more than Goldberg could handle given his age/cardio, but man it would have been cool as hell to have had a Best vs Beast style match like Punk/Lesnar had, where they beat the poo poo out of each other but it was the presence of Heyman/Jericho that ended up costing Punk/Owens the win.

Goddamn that Punk/Lesnar match ruled.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 13, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

Did Seth and Bray have a feud this summer because Bray thought it was immoral to be the cover athlete for a WWE 2K game, or did I just make that up

I don't remember but Bray's had such a bad year (even with a title reign that started really strong!) that it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had and it had just completely slipped my mind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

They didn't interfere in Hell In A Cell :)

They tried, then they got kicked out. Then Jinder beat Nakamura clean!

:cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

No Mercy 16 shoulda ended with Dolph Ziggler winning.

I recall Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack (or maybe even on Smackdown) saying the same, that it should have been the main event - and it should have!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

It's not quite at Undertaker/Kobashi level yet.

Fuccccckkkk you just reminded me we never got Undertaker/Kobashi :smith:

Two Burning Hammers :aaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

who has had the companies blessing from day one.

Remember when Roman won some number one contenders match (maybe it was even the Rumble?) and Triple H and Steph came out making angry faces like we were supposed to buy that THE AUTHORITY were upset about Roman getting the title shot?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I can't even really think who WWE's closest equivalent of Ishii would be.... Sheamus?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beautiful :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That monstrosity seems as good a place to close this thread as any. I'll get the new discussion thread up after Raw :)

• Locked thread