Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Barry's new suit is soooooooo good. He finally looks like the goddamned Flash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rhyno posted:

Barry's new suit is soooooooo good. He finally looks like the goddamned Flash!

They need to fix Wally's suit (and his new haircut, what the poo poo is that?) now. The first episode it looked like he was wearing some off the shelf Halloween costume it fit him so poorly.

The lenses in Barry's hood looked really crappy when they activated them at the end of the show as well.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Next week’s episode looks to be good and amazing. I just have a feeling.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I know superhero science is extremely low hanging fruit, but I laughed hard at today's technobabble:

"This code looks like a virus."
"Well yeah."
"No no no" *mashes keys, code turns into DNA strand "I mean an organic virus"

"His powers are derived from the binary code in his DNA; use this dart, it will flip all the 1s into 0s and 0s into 1s."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Argue posted:

I know superhero science is extremely low hanging fruit, but I laughed hard at today's technobabble:

"Well yeah."

"His powers are derived from the binary code in his DNA; use this dart, it will flip all the 1s into 0s and 0s into 1s."

It was SO BAD I loved it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This episode was amazing. Maybe the best one I've seen since season 1.

It's not even like it was apex-tier TV or anything but it had just about everything from this show that has always worked and nothing that had been dragging it down. Whatever else season 4 dissolves into, at least we'll have had this episode to look fondly on.

Poor Wally though. Did they have this much trouble finding ways to make him useful last season too?

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Not feeling this season so far.

Iris going "If we aren't on the same page people could die" *looks at the therapist (camera*) "Metaphorically" was too much for me and I went to watch the time idiots instead.

There is too much dumb poo poo about secret identities in Flash.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 18, 2017

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cisco's t-shirt is so sick. ima buying one.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Oh god, the metas and characters are getting dumber and dumber.

• Wally, please let me aim at you in normal person's speed and stay put, or I could miss and this would be solved too quickly.

• Flash, I control your suit thus I can make you punch yourself in face with flash speed.

• Apparently flash suit is somehow phasing proof, in case an evil speedster tries to unmask Barry, but it is not speedster lightning, so... I guess there is no point?

• "How is it possible that someone got power without particle accelerator? We totally didn't face a guy who could give people powers last season, with one of his subjects still being on our team."

Also lol at "malware program" and its sale being publicly known.

-----
Ultimately this is the problem with making your main character the Flash I guess? As written on the show (and from what I read in these threads about the comics), he is basically omnipotent when the plot demands it, so you have to figure out contrivances to inject tension.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

Oh hey, now I know where the warden from. It's Robinette from Law & Order.

Still looks the same as he did back then.

Side fact, there is a 7 season difference when he left till Jesse L. Martin joined the show.

I sort of enjoyed the episode. Once Cisco talked about his new suit and you saw the meta could hack anything, it was obvious were it was going to lead to but it was still a fun episode.

Already tired of the Iris/Barry drama.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

This episode was amazing. Maybe the best one I've seen since season 1.

It's not even like it was apex-tier TV or anything but it had just about everything from this show that has always worked and nothing that had been dragging it down. Whatever else season 4 dissolves into, at least we'll have had this episode to look fondly on.

Poor Wally though. Did they have this much trouble finding ways to make him useful last season too?
I agree with everything here, this was a very fun episode. Also agreed on Wally's hair, wtf dude you looked like Marty McFly's teen dad from BTTF.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I've noticed the camera work has gotten better this season. They've made better use of angles and motion and interesting shots than they usually do.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Just a reminder that black hair is a political and complicated subject.

If I had to guess, they're flat ironing it (to me he looked very Pete Wentz, who is actually biracial lol) because people were bitching about his hair looking "nappy" in the suit and poo poo.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Digital Jedi posted:

Side fact, there is a 7 season difference when he left till Jesse L. Martin joined the show.

And Schiff is the only character who was on the show with both of them since Robinette left if the big shake up that brought in Van Buren, McCoy, Kincaid, and Lenny, right?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Koalas March posted:

Just a reminder that black hair is a political and complicated subject.

If I had to guess, they're flat ironing it (to me he looked very Pete Wentz, who is actually biracial lol) because people were bitching about his hair looking "nappy" in the suit and poo poo.

Yeah but we're just saying it looked bad and it was obviously very intentional and just looks odd. Maybe it was a "gently caress you." to the people calling it "nappy". Shoulda gone with Chris Tucker's hair from The Fifth Element.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I actually really liked the silly couples counselor scene. Barry and Iris are finally able to lie to people together instead of to each other, it's cute.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah but we're just saying it looked bad and it was obviously very intentional and just looks odd. Maybe it was a "gently caress you." to the people calling it "nappy". Shoulda gone with Chris Tucker's hair from The Fifth Element.

All hair in the Flash must now be in the shape of a lightning symbol. Accentuated with golden sparkles.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Oracle posted:

Also agreed on Wally's hair, wtf dude you looked like Marty McFly's teen dad from BTTF.
I didn't recognise Wally when he ran into the room, I thought it was some random Indian guy that had joined the team... somewhen, somehow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

Yeah but we're just saying it looked bad and it was obviously very intentional and just looks odd.

Yo, I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything. I was just trying to leave a reminder so that people could be a little thoughtful about it.

As a black person, I've had people criticize my hair, touch it without my permission, etc. So it's a personal thing to me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

You know, next time they remake Charlie's Angels, they could do a whole lot worse...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

howe_sam posted:

And Schiff is the only character who was on the show with both of them since Robinette left if the big shake up that brought in Van Buren, McCoy, Kincaid, and Lenny, right?

Yes. Season 10 was Jesse's first appearance as Det. Green and Schiff's finale season.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It looks like he has helmet hair all the time but he’s the one with the open cowl so it doesn’t make sense.

He also got Royed pretty hard this episode, I hope Barry remembered to pick him up after the fight.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
How Wally, the Flash with no tech upgrades to his suit, wasn't the one to beat the villain I'll never know.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Loser_Rex posted:

How Wally, the Flash with no tech upgrades to his suit, wasn't the one to beat the villain I'll never know.

KM could tell you if you promise not to touch her hair.

e: (they wanted a fun Barry episode and their writers aren't the best)

Honestly though, it's really hard to write a character like the flash that should be able to solve everything by just being the flash and moving super fast but then every episode would be 2 seconds long.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Loser_Rex posted:

Yeah when he was just standing around watching the villain hack Barry's suit was pretty bad. Having him do it would also fit with the "Barry needs to work as a team better" theme.

Was it just me or were the quips worse than normal this episode? Wally giving Cisco poo poo about tech magazines which was then sort of called back later particularly stood out as a groaner.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 18, 2017

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Loser_Rex posted:

He doesn't even get to do a flip before being written out of the scene.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I like that Iris got a monologue, but I really wish they'd give one to Wally. I thought it was cute when he was geeking out over the Flash before he knew it was Barry. He needs a good centric episode and some more character development.

Too bad the writers suck.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One part of season two that I liked was that when Wally discovered Barry was the Flash, he didn't go all, "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KEPT THIS SECRET FROM ME! I HATE YOU NOW! :emo:" on him, which is what I would've expected from the show; his reaction was, "Barry, now that I know you're the Flash, I want to thank you for saving my life; I'm on your side."

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Neon Knight posted:

I actually really liked the silly couples counselor scene. Barry and Iris are finally able to lie to people together instead of to each other, it's cute.

Listing off all of the funerals they've been to over the past three years was a particularly strong moment.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 18, 2017

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Koalas March posted:

I like that Iris got a monologue, but I really wish they'd give one to Wally. I thought it was cute when he was geeking out over the Flash before he knew it was Barry. He needs a good centric episode and some more character development.

In an ideal world where the writers don't want to rush the status quo back in, Wally would get to act as Flash for a couple episodes and Caitlin wouldn't be immediately brought back into the fold after making such a big deal about finding out who she is (and also, resetting her entire arc as Killer Frost which is a shame because the ending to that was actually one of the few good parts of s3's finale.)

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

spookygonk posted:

I didn't recognise Wally when he ran into the room, I thought it was some random Indian guy that had joined the team... somewhen, somehow.

Not everybody automatically stands on marks when giving speeches or threats are encountered, CW!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Argue posted:

"Well yeah."

"1+1= 1 ... Of course! we will turn the 1s into 0s!"

I really don't know how he got there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That isn't how insulin pumps work and it isn't how insulin works.

1. Just pull the drat tube out
2. Insulin doesn't hit the bloodstream that fast

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Additionally: in real life, no human being could run that fast.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

MY IMMERSION :byodame:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think a problem with Wally's new hair is that it isn't quite long enough so it looks weird kind of tucked into the sides of the cowl.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Koalas March posted:

He's shown so much growth in the last half of a season that he really deserves some lead time. I'm really hoping he gets some hot hot spinoff action.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FactsAreUseless posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

Excellent username/posts combo. I salute you!

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

He also hacked the insulin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
It was obviously insulin with nanomachines