Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«73 »
Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Black Lightning is nice because it's a different tone than the rest of the shows, which aim at that weird forever-20s WB demographic. Black Lightning is a grown-rear end man in his 40s with an adult daughter, and he's the principal of the local high school. He's a strong and established character by the time we enter the show, there's very little of the angsty finding-myself drama like the other DC stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah so wait hang on what's the general gist on black lightning? poo poo or ok or what? I only got like 15 or so minutes into the pilot and had to go do things then completely forgot about it

Black Lightning was the best superhero show that aired last year.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

I took this as you still have that haircut.

I had it for far longer than I'm comfortable admitting. Child me thought it was great.

vvv: drat busted

TwoPair fucked around with this message at Jul 14, 2018 around 19:36

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodbutt
Default Status: POOPING

So last week aye?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The nerd in me that loves these shared universes wants Black Lightning to meet Oliver, Barry, and Kara. But I'm also fine with it being its own thing. I'd like to see the grown rear end hero interact with the angsty new generation but I'm also fine with him not.

But there's absolutely no excuse if they don't do a Legends crossover with Black Lightning's first run as a hero. Its just a shame that that would be the 90s instead of the 70s so they don't have excuse to give him an afro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodbutt
Default Status: POOPING

STAC Goat posted:

The nerd in me that loves these shared universes wants Black Lightning to meet Oliver, Barry, and Kara. But I'm also fine with it being its own thing. I'd like to see the grown rear end hero interact with the angsty new generation but I'm also fine with him not.

But there's absolutely no excuse if they don't do a Legends crossover with Black Lightning's first run as a hero. Its just a shame that that would be the 90s instead of the 70s so they don't have excuse to give him an afro.

They managed to give Luke Cage is classic look in a flashback, I'm sure the BL team can come up with something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean Legends could easily like pick him up in the 90s and then take him back to the 70s for some handwavey reason with his dad or something so yeah...

If Legends doesn't eventually give me Cress Williams in an afro wig in the 70s then I'll be sad.

«73 »