Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

jassa posted:

Artificial Speed Force is a clunky name. Given the events of this episode, they should call it the Speed Well instead.

Also I fully expect Barry to see the Wells again when he enters the Speed Well at some point later in the season.

Wells is 100% going to be the new "Barry's Mom" speedforce ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
and he will have multiple personality disorder

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

oh jay posted:

I liked Ralph's character because of the surprisingly good performance of the actor whose name I won't even bother to look up. You don't really catch lightning in a bottle like that two times in a row in these CW shows.

Just dump the character and move on.

Pretty much this. It especially sucked because he had such great chemistry with Cecile.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
They should cast Evan Peters as New Ralph, even if it's just for a single episode. The internet would lose its mind.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

jassa posted:

They should cast Evan Peters as New Ralph, even if it's just for a single episode. The internet would lose its mind.

Heh, Boner.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Well, figures that even with super speed thinking Barry would gently caress everything up.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It seems like with speed thinking, the flash would still ruin everything, just faster.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
This looks like it's culminating in what was the intended ending of the previous season and the stinger at the end of this episode was supposed to be the end of season stinger.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Go the women in Cecile's family!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The resurrection of Wells Prime is going to turn out to be The Spectre isn't it, and will play a role in restoring the Speedforce.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

The resurrection of Wells Prime is going to turn out to be The Spectre isn't it, and will play a role in restoring the Speedforce.

I was thinking Swamp Thing but yeah this is probably way more accurate.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I mean, I'm no scientist, but is there really no way to turn off the ASF other than just...blasting it with lightning so it mildly explodes? Barry had better hope they can, you know, turn it back on at some point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ShakeZula posted:

I mean, I'm no scientist, but is there really no way to turn off the ASF other than just...blasting it with lightning so it mildly explodes? Barry had better hope they can, you know, turn it back on at some point.

Well Barry was not really involved in its creation at all, was he? He might not have known how.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

howe_sam posted:

Wasn't the Spectre already in the arrowverse?
Or am I thinking of the Constantine show before they tied it all together?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Ollie was the Spectre during crisis.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ShakeZula posted:

I was wondering why they didn't just turn it off. Like, while Frost was running around the city with Barry, Cisco could have just turned off his speed.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I mean the spectre can be whoever but idk why they'd do it again so soon

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's still that other Spectre, he could show up.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I assumed Wells coming back was some kind of post-crisis timeline altering (similar to Superman's kids popping up, or the Pied Piper changes on this show), but I'd be down for him being the Spectre. Dude would have vengeance on his mind.

Superspeed Frost was awesome, and the combo lightning/frost attack was one of my favorite "oh poo poo' moments on the show in a while.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I thought the green particles that seemed to revive him might be the Spectre or Green Lantern or something, but I didn't watch enough of Arrow to know if those were the same effects used for Ollie when he became the Spectre? I feel like that would be a give away, did anyone who watched Arrow spot a familiarity?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I feel like you guys are massively overthinking it. He broke the artificial speed force; and a bunch of lightning burst out of him. The artificial speed force was Harrison Wells powered. Seems to me that all the escaping Wells Particles just found a convenient Wells particle receptacle and recreated Harrison Wells.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 11, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The coda with Wells seems like it was definitely supposed be season finale moment.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like you guys are massively overthinking it. He broke the artificial speed force; and a bunch of lightning burst out of him. The artificial speed force was Harrison Wells powered. Seems to me that all the escaping Wells Particles just found a convenient Wells particle receptacle and recreated Harrison Wells.

I know Crisis can explain anything, but they dug up that body in season one, and it was kind of an important plot point. That was either a flashback, or Wells coalesced over an empty mound of dirt.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

oh jay posted:

I know Crisis can explain anything, but they dug up that body in season one, and it was kind of an important plot point. That was either a flashback, or Wells coalesced over an empty mound of dirt.

https://i.imgur.com/F7bttaW.mp4

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

oh jay posted:

They showed a "Once upon a time..." message before we saw Wells being facejacked and killed by Thawne, so that part was a flashback to the year 2000. Did I miss something, or was it unclear when in the 21-ish years after his death the resurrection happened? Did he just get green-sparkled back to life today, or did he come back to life ten minutes after he died, and has been hiding out this entire time?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

They showed a "Once upon a time..." message before we saw Wells being facejacked and killed by Thawne, so that part was a flashback to the year 2000. Did I miss something, or was it unclear when in the 21-ish years after his death the resurrection happened? Did he just get green-sparkled back to life today, or did he come back to life ten minutes after he died, and has been hiding out this entire time?

I now accept the reality that Real-Well has been slightly off camera the entire time.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

oh jay posted:

I now accept the reality that Real-Well has been slightly off camera the entire time.
Speedforce = "I ain't gotta explain poo poo."
Speedforce + Flashpoint = "Seriously, I dare you to even try explaining poo poo."
Speedforce + Flashpoint + Crisis = "Causality is trapped in an abusive relationship with Barry Allen."

Speedforce + Flashpoint + Crisis + Legends of Tomorrow = "Barry Allen was always a nine-foot tall gummy bear in a diving helmet, right? Yeah, this looks fine to me, let's go get hammered with Lou Costello."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Except where Barry's mom is concerned, of course. No matter what happens, Eobard's got that tied down so hard that the Gordian Knot looks like an annoying ball of yarn by comparison and every solution will only, always make the timeline worse.

Imagine I posted a giant :rolleyes: barfing a bunch of Geoff Johns heads here

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Probably not the moral they intended to teach but emotionless Barry was doing great until he got emotional.

Him throwing that ball at the start of the fight to win the fight 2 minutes later was pretty cool.

Killer Frost being a speedster feels like a contradiction in so many ways that its pretty neat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea that felt a hell of a lot like a season finale.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Blaise330 posted:

Him throwing that ball at the start of the fight to win the fight 2 minutes later was pretty cool.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

dude barry if someone says they are harrison wells, maybe just be careful its not RF.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0HEZ8HY3Qw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Missed the first half of the episode, but I at least got the important parts.

Low powered Manhattan Wells

Robo Dibny, lol

I hope they're not doing the Four Forces thing. That was such a dumb arc in the comics and I can't see it being better on TV

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That Vibe-a-chino drop from Chester was pretty clever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ugh what a horrible way to write Ralph off. Just fuckin' recast him. I don't know why so many shows/movies these days see recasting as some awful thing when it's an old tradition, it's not like Elongated Man was a hallowed character that only one person could ever play and it's not a controversy to recast him since the actor sealed his own fate. I'd rather have Team Flash get a letter in the mail saying "Bye me and Sue are taking off forever" than loving Daft Dibny going to his home planet.

Anyway, rest of the season finale 3rd episode was good enough I guess. I really liked the whole almost horror movie aesthetic they had going though with the body snatchers and almost wish they would've done that for longer.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Usually flash villains are defeated by Iris giving Barry a pep talk so it was a nice change to have a villain get defeated by Iris giving them a pep talk instead.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Do they just have teleporting smoke bombs now?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They found a way ages back to do vibe stuff artificially; so they just do vibe portals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

8one6 posted:

Do they just have teleporting smoke bombs now?

I think they just didn't want to spend the money to put the whole portal effect in so they just had a small puff to show that yeah there was totally a portal it just happened just offscreen.