Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Or Maybe they just got a real good deal on smoke bomb teleporters so it became cheaper than using portals. I mean with the League basically defunct at the end of Arrow they weren’t buying them any more and they were probably the biggest customer so maybe the supplier had a bunch of stock to clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
Pretty sure those are leftover Nash tech. I forget how they work but I have a feeling the writers may have too.

So uh... that was a weird episode. Really strange and frustrating that Eva just went back into the Mirrorverse instead of sticking around to accept responsibility for her actions and/or use her tech to help make a positive difference like she said she wanted to do earlier.

I guess OG Wells will return but I'm so unclear about how him reliving the same four years over and over can possibly be a good thing - both for him and for the timestream.

Speaking of OG Wells, there was a strange moment during the speed force revival sequence where everyone is looking upward but something catches his attention and he looks off to the side. He removes his glasses, puts them back on and then nods. Then it cuts to Barry getting his groove back. I don't know what to make of this, except it feels like Wells saw something/someone the rest of Team Flash (and us) didn't.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!

jassa posted:

Pretty sure those are leftover Nash tech. I forget how they work but I have a feeling the writers may have too.

So uh... that was a weird episode. Really strange and frustrating that Eva just went back into the Mirrorverse instead of sticking around to accept responsibility for her actions and/or use her tech to help make a positive difference like she said she wanted to do earlier.

I guess OG Wells will return but I'm so unclear about how him reliving the same four years over and over can possibly be a good thing - both for him and for the timestream.

Speaking of OG Wells, there was a strange moment during the speed force revival sequence where everyone is looking upward but something catches his attention and he looks off to the side. He removes his glasses, puts them back on and then nods. Then it cuts to Barry getting his groove back. I don't know what to make of this, except it feels like Wells saw something/someone the rest of Team Flash (and us) didn't.

I thought the same, and assumed the little stinger at the end was going to reveal something that happened there, but then it just.. Didn't?

I can't tell if I missed something, or if it was just really weird editing.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

jassa posted:

Yeah, that was weird, and when they ended the episode with the flashback to that moment I was sure they were going to show what he saw, but nope, just more lightning bolts.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OmniBeer posted:

I thought the same, and assumed the little stinger at the end was going to reveal something that happened there, but then it just.. Didn't?

I can't tell if I missed something, or if it was just really weird editing.

I think it's just a weird unedited thing they left in where something was supposed to be inserted in but wasn't and no one noticed

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

jassa posted:

Crisis has either unfucked or turbofucked the timeline so who knows. Schroderings time fuckery if you will.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

jassa posted:

Yeah teleporting smoke bombs is something Nash had and I guess this just means they're using those instead of Vibe portals (they're probably cheaper since they don't involve a light source.)

TwoPair posted:

Ugh what a horrible way to write Ralph off. Just fuckin' recast him. I don't know why so many shows/movies these days see recasting as some awful thing when it's an old tradition, it's not like Elongated Man was a hallowed character that only one person could ever play and it's not a controversy to recast him since the actor sealed his own fate. I'd rather have Team Flash get a letter in the mail saying "Bye me and Sue are taking off forever" than loving Daft Dibny going to his home planet.

Anyway, rest of the season finale 3rd episode was good enough I guess. I really liked the whole almost horror movie aesthetic they had going though with the body snatchers and almost wish they would've done that for longer.

My understanding is that they are going to recast Ralph but they were putting the character on ice for a bit to make the transition easier.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
Melted Man was hilarious. Daft Dibney was trying a little too hard, but I cracked up at the grilled cheese elemental.

jassa posted:

I agree it's not a...healthy choice for Wells, but I think it's more like a Slaughterhouse Five, unstuck-in-time thing. He can relive those years, but he can't really change them. They'll just happen the exact way they already did over and over and over and over and over.

Like I said, not a healthy choice.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I assume Wells was staring at an important I Need To Talk To You conversation that was happening in the hallway

They should have been playing Power of Love during the whole Barry gets his speed back part. Or the whole episode really.

Also nothing about Team Flash’s plan made any sense but I guess that’s not new for the show

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 18, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017

WhyteRyce posted:

I assume Wells was staring at an important I Need To Talk To You conversation that was happening in the hallway

I like to think he was staring at a bucket of delicious fried chicken

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, that was weird, and when they ended the episode with the flashback to that moment I was sure they were going to show what he saw, but nope, just more lightning bolts.

Those lightning bolts were 4 different colors, I think the implication is that there are 4 new flashes out there that we will start to learn about over the next few episodes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fenris13 posted:

Those lightning bolts were 4 different colors, I think the implication is that there are 4 new flashes out there that we will start to learn about over the next few episodes.

I assume one is godspeed

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume one was for Wally.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
All four for Thawne so he'll always have backups.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

When the Speedforce died did Speedforce hell go with it?

Also is Barry using a now love powered artificial Speedforce or did they jumpstart a new real one?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Going by what Wells said I think it is supposed to be the regular Speed Force what with him saying it couldn't actually be destroyed (just ignore all the stuff about it being actually destroyed last season.)

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

muscles like this! posted:

Going by what Wells said I think it is supposed to be the regular Speed Force what with him saying it couldn't actually be destroyed
They sacrificed every version of Wells, killing Nash, and trapping all of their minds/souls/whatever as a power source for the artificial speed force. Then Barry used that artificial speed force for like a day, decided it sucked, said he refused to use something "artificial" again, and then found out that love powers his speed even better.

So... the part I'm confused about is: Did they just burn through all of their Wellses for nothing? Is the ASF hardware just sitting idle, filled with anandoned Wells ghosts? Is the ASF machine now housing a 'real' speed force made of love suspended in an emulsion of powdered Nash?

If love is what powers Barry's speed force now, if he runs fast enough to deplete his power reserves, will he and Iris suddenly feel nothing for each other?

Are we going to get a scene of Barry and Iris signing divorce papers, only for the notary witnessing the the signing to start laughing, revealing his familiar face, and victoriously shouting "Once upon a time, Flash, you got married. But this is... THE REVERSE!"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Robot Hobo posted:

Are we going to get a scene of Barry and Iris signing divorce papers, only for the notary witnessing the the signing to start laughing, revealing his familiar face, and victoriously shouting "Once upon a time, Flash, you got married. But this is... THE REVERSE!"

He is not Spider-Man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fenris13 posted:

Are they all powered by love for Iris too???

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

I'm guessing it's gonna be the Four Forces arc in the Flash that happened a few years ago where apparently there were other forces besides the Speed Force that get released after Barry and Wally break the Speed Force barrier and let them loose. The forces besides the Speed Force (yellow) are the Still Force (green), the Sage force (blue) and the Strength Force (red). The show might have their own (hopefully better take on it though)

Iirc, they end up getting destroyed or pulled into the Speed Force because of the Black Flash killing them so the Speed Force doesn't get destroyed because of the other forces or something

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 19, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STILLFORCE

Please be patient as I explain everything in comprehensive detail.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

STILLFORCE

Please be patient as I explain everything in comprehensive detail.

Slow down, Barry, slow down.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm guessing it's gonna be the Four Forces arc in the Flash that happened a few years ago where apparently there were other forces besides the Speed Force that get released after Barry and Wally break the Speed Force barrier and let them loose. The forces besides the Speed Force (yellow) are the Still Force (green), the Sage force (blue) and the Strength Force (red). The show might have their own (hopefully better take on it though)

Iirc, they end up getting destroyed or pulled into the Speed Force because of the Black Flash killing them so the Speed Force doesn't get destroyed because of the other forces or something

So...discount green lanterns?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

So...discount green lanterns?

if they were based vaguely around things a body could do instead of emotions and didn't make constructs or other cool things out of energy. These aren't discount green lanterns. These are chinese knockoffs at roadside stand. It's a concept that just needed to flesh out three other things to be comparable to the Speed Force and the original writer ran out of ideas after the first one.

Still Force is basically like the Turtle's powerset where instead of things being "goes fast," it's "goes slow".
Strength Force is generic make body more powerful stuff
Sage force is being smart and also psychic stuff.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was loving terrible.
Multiple "power of loves" and "work together to overcomes", at least 4 cheesy monologues and the villain just noping out having "learnt the better way".

TwoPair posted:

Ugh what a horrible way to write Ralph off. Just fuckin' recast him. I don't know why so many shows/movies these days see recasting as some awful thing when it's an old tradition, it's not like Elongated Man was a hallowed character that only one person could ever play and it's not a controversy to recast him since the actor sealed his own fate. I'd rather have Team Flash get a letter in the mail saying "Bye me and Sue are taking off forever" than loving Daft Dibny going to his home planet.

Agreed.
Or they could have just done nothing or have a throwaway line "oh, heard from Ralph, hes off doing other poo poo". Lets be honest here, he was a character added late in the show's run and wasn't actually critical in any way to the ongoing show.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 21, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The gently caress are they building, a shed?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Knew it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Uhhhh is Kadabra dead??

Also that ending was perfect lmao

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Guy A. Person posted:

Uhhhh is Kadabra dead??

What the HELL kind of magician would he be if he really was dead!?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dodgy rear end CG Hulk aside, that was a fun episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I guess they are doing that other forces story from the comics so... ugh

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
#CentralCityStrong now & forever.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

what a filler episode

hey you gotta expect them so i am no doubt shocked

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

howe_sam posted:

The gently caress are they building, a shed?

Seems like building a small wooden shack in the middle of downtown surrounded by tall buildings is a very a Team Flash thing to do

Maybe they can do some more charity work and fix up their roof

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 24, 2021

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

The big villain for S7 is going to be deferred maintenance and water intrusion.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Given the purple duds, I kept expecting hulk-guy to be Ralph’s new incarnation.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

Dodgy rear end CG Hulk aside, that was a fun episode.
It looked like a generic enemy from a bad video game.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is one of the shows I caught up on in the pandemic after dropping it due to the Savitar season. Season 6 and this season seem to have bounced this show back. Glad this season looks like it could be fun.

Also, use of the Flash Gordon theme in season 6 was an all time epic moment on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah the new show runners were doing well until they got badly blindsided by the pandemic just before the finale. Hoping they have the time to do this season well.