Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, I'm just going to go ahead and completely ban the incest chat from this thread. The show is very clearly not interesting in talking about it, especially now that they are married and the whole thing is just getting weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat Gustin, that face was not meant for hair.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hate midseason breaks :(

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Yo, I'm just going to go ahead and completely ban the incest chat from this thread. The show is very clearly not interesting in talking about it, especially now that they are married and the whole thing is just getting weird.

Great now we have nothing to talk about

Over under at 1 full episode before Barry is out of jail. Taking bets.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

No Butt Stuff posted:

Great now we have nothing to talk about

Over under at 1 full episode before Barry is out of jail. Taking bets.

given how they handled him getting out of the Speedforce....ehh. I think it'll be sometime in episode 2 or 3 but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it wrapped up in a single episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He might get bail but the I assume this is going to be the running thing for the rest of the season. (They should just pull a Review and have him get acquitted between episodes.)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

the running thing for the rest of the season.

I see what you did there

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Barry is a (Kind of) a cop. He should claim self defense and not even make it past a grand jury before getting released.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That'd never work, DeVoe's white.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Q_res posted:

google daniel shaver and get ready to have a real bad day

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
also google Justine Damond, preferably first because Shaver's video will ruin your day

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

He might get bail but the I assume this is going to be the running thing for the rest of the season. (They should just pull a Review and have him get acquitted between episodes.)

But that would require Barry to have an invisible friend that is brutally murdered in jail. I miss review

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Q_res posted:

Not anymore!

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Q_res posted:

He literary played the brother card

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Now that the incest talk is over now, there's a few more things I wanted to mention since I just finished Family of Rogues

-I was surprised that Cisco finally got to make out with the Golden Glider.
-Between this episode and the one where Captain Cold comes back in Season 3 and all the other times in Season 1, Leo Snart & his sister come back a LOT on this show.
-Of course this episode is called "Family of Rogues" what with the West mom coming back into the picture.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The show is very clearly not interesting

You're on record now.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think with the Mat Letscher stuff my favourite part of his performance was in Legends when they steal his part of the staff, and he realises that they are in his base with him right now and he never knew:

"No nonononononno.... This cannot be happening they aren't SMART ENOUGH :supaburn:"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Glad the actor for brainman changed, he was annoying me.

Barry should have just Speedforce cleaned the apartment though. Cisco opens a breach and throws out the trash, job done. Stupid fucker

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

Now that the incest talk is over now, there's a few more things I wanted to mention since I just finished Family of Rogues

-I was surprised that Cisco finally got to make out with the Golden Glider.
-Between this episode and the one where Captain Cold comes back in Season 3 and all the other times in Season 1, Leo Snart & his sister come back a LOT on this show.
-Of course this episode is called "Family of Rogues" what with the West mom coming back into the picture.

The actress who plays Lisa eventually just kind of stops showing up because the CW gave her her own show (Frequency) but then that got canceled so who knows if she'll be back.

She's actually going to be playing another DC character on Gotham as she is supposed to show up this season as the new actress for Poison Ivy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also I hope Joe blows Devoe away

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

McDragon posted:

Glad the actor for brainman changed, he was annoying me.

Barry should have just Speedforce cleaned the apartment though. Cisco opens a breach and throws out the trash, job done. Stupid fucker

To be fair by letting it to go court there is a possibility that they can spin it against DeVo. They can spin the narrative against him, especially with the police they have as friends in high places. It could work against DeVo if the writers are smart enough. The shots of Barry in jail is just because he can’t make bail or some poo poo and needs to do a little time till court.

But that’s way too smart for the writers

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

McDragon posted:

Eh people can still sense when the Flash is operating and presumably Devoe timed it that the police were there right when Barry got there. The director should of used Barry's perception of time to show that the police and he was suppose to be there simultaneously and I presume Devoe planted enough evidence.

That being said, how did a paraplegic get into his apartment, I guess they are going to argue Barry brought Devoe there?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

To be fair by letting it to go court there is a possibility that they can spin it against DeVo. They can spin the narrative against him, especially with the police they have as friends in high places. It could work against DeVo if the writers are smart enough. The shots of Barry in jail is just because he can’t make bail or some poo poo and needs to do a little time till court.

But that’s way too smart for the writers

The only way to defeat the smartest man in the world is to counter him with the highest concentration of stupid imaginable: the average American jury.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nine-gear crow posted:

The only way to defeat the smartest man in the world is to counter him with the highest concentration of stupid imaginable: the average American jury.

12 people on that bus. Coincidence?

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Mooseontheloose posted:

That being said, how did a paraplegic get into his apartment, I guess they are going to argue Barry brought Devoe there?

I guess so. But he was just with Joe like 5 (1?) minutes before, so I don't see how any of this could possibly hold up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

What's going to happen is once the do the forensics on the weapon, they're going to find Iris' prints on it, not Barry's, since she was the last to handle it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Davros1 posted:

What's going to happen is once the do the forensics on the weapon, they're going to find Iris' prints on it, not Barry's, since she was the last to handle it.

They only had one knife when they got the box, the one that's still in it.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Davros1 posted:

Again though, Iris was with Joe at the party with multiple witnesses placing them there - this conviction should not stand for any of the group as they are all each other's alibis.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
None of their alibis would hold up in court, despite them being true -- deVoe (in his new body) could totally lie and say "Nope. Barry wasn't there." Or that he was there, briefly, but then left.

If the rest of the group swears blind that Barry was there, that would make it easy for any decent lawyer to pain them as liars. This completely normal stranger who's definitely not deVoe has no apparent reason to lie. His friends and family would.

Plus the police saw Barry over the original deVoe corpse -- his friends and family giving him an alibi makes him look more guilty, rather than less.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 13, 2017

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Open Source Idiom posted:

If the rest of the group swears blind that Barry was there, that would make it easy for any decent lawyer to pain them as liars. This completely normal stranger who's definitely not deVoe has no apparent reason to lie. His friends and family would.
That's not really how evidence works. If seven people (at least? I don't even remember how many people were there) say one thing and one single person says another, it doesn't matter how biased those seven people might be in favor of the accused, the one single odd man out is the guy who's going to look suspicious and unreliable. No jury in the world is going to take the word of one person over seven others. There are even legal stipulations in place for if they do.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

BrianWilly posted:

That's not really how evidence works. If seven people (at least? I don't even remember how many people were there) say one thing and one single person says another, it doesn't matter how biased those seven people might be in favor of the accused, the one single odd man out is the guy who's going to look suspicious and unreliable. No jury in the world is going to take the word of one person over seven others. There are even legal stipulations in place for if they do.

On the other hand, this is Central City

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Davros1 posted:

On the other hand, the writers are terrible because AJK was a creep who fires them every season and replaces them with film school drop outs

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Something weird about the logic in their suspecting Wheelchair Devoe is certainly, the algorithm did state that he was a current most likely DeVoe to be their guy, but when has that ever meant anything?

That's assuming that it's even Earth 1 DeVoe that's the problem, there are 52 other DeVoes of that one guy alone who could have breached through and started messing with poo poo. The algorithm wouldn't take that into account, it was run on all the known Earth-1 DeVoe's, which is a dangerous assumption to make. Baby DeVoe was stricken from the list, but how many of the Flash's villains have been from the future? Baby DeVoe could easily have grown up, got metapowers and gone back in time to gently caress with Barry - without their knowledge of DeVoe's omniscience, it actually seems more likely time travel is the culprit because how would they know who the bus-metas were and how they were linked unless they researched it after the fact after all the evidence has been gathered.

Also the name was namedropped by a villain who knows all of Barry's opponents - he could have easily slipped a fake name into the list to throw Barry off and make him look like an idiot as one final act of revenge. He could even have been pulling the "Pigs numbered 1,2 and 4" trick on him, skipping a few names - DeVoe could have been a villain from 10 years from now for all they knew. They got incredibly lucky they got the right guy straight away.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Abracadabra and Savitar both name dropped DeVoe with Savitar mentioning that they built the neural inhibitor at Star Labs so it had to be when they were still working together.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Bruceski posted:

12 people on that bus. Coincidence?

It's a kangaroo court filled with rogues, metahumans and people who just hate The Flash. The Roast of Barry Allen.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

SleepCousinDeath posted:

It's a kangaroo court filled with rogues, metahumans and people who just hate The Flash. The Roast of Barry Allen.

They don't call him the fastest man alive for nothing, EYY OOOOO!

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

They don't call him the fastest man alive for nothing, EYY OOOOO!

You see this guy right here? He's so stupid, he forgets to go fast until someone tells him to run.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

"... And here to act as roast master and judge is honorable Judge Eobard Thrawn."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's all just an excuse to re-enact the final episode of Seinfeld. This season's gonna end with Barry, Joe, Iris and Wells stuck in a cramped cell together in Iron Heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

nine-gear crow posted:

It's all just an excuse to re-enact the final episode of Seinfeld. This season's gonna end with Barry, Joe, Iris and Wells stuck in a cramped cell together in Iron Heights.

Well I mean... There was that extrajudicial prison... And all the vigilante crime fighting... And acting as the CSI for the Flash investigations... And season 2 and 3...