Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It’ll be a three second shot of the back of her head with a Tara Strong voiceover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Not gonna lie, Bruce Wayne would be such a good Arrow/Crossover villain

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Davros1 posted:

So Ammell announced that for this year's crossover event, Batwoman is going to appear in it.

I am 100% down for this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Burn all the budget to bring Ezra Miller onto the show just so everyone can rip on how awful his costume is for a half hour

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

I am 100% down for this.

Same but also extremely wary. I assume it's Kate Kane Batwoman and not gender bent Batman. I'm also wondering if it's in Supergirl's universe, the main one or another earth like the previous one.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The DeVoe scene in the hallway of Argus is really one of the greatest this show has ever had. And here I thought the entire CW superhero budget went into the final episode of Legends.

While a little uneven, this season has been a big step up from last season, with more focus on episode plots over the overarching season plot, and Ralph Dibny was a treasure who I hope will eject Thinker from his body and become a main character.

Xelkelvos posted:

Same but also extremely wary. I assume it's Kate Kane Batwoman and not gender bent Batman. I'm also wondering if it's in Supergirl's universe, the main one or another earth like the previous one.

She's from the earth where she, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Bumblebee, Harley Quinn, Katana and Poison Ivy are teenagers and go to a High School for superheroes along with Big Barda, Starfire, Beastboy, The Flash and a whole lot of other DC characters.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hate this season and I hate DeVoe but the hallway scene is great. In fact I probably hate DeVoe because he hasn't done this stuff enough. A guy in a bad spandex suit sitting in a chair laughing about always being ahead isn't very endearing

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I enjoy Ralph and Marlize. I hope they both stick around. I think Marlize would fit well in the girl power atmosphere of LOT.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Funny enough this is probably the most The Thinker ever got to do. I hear in the comics he's the IT guy for bad guy super groups.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Davros1 posted:

So Ammell announced that for this year's crossover event, Batwoman is going to appear in it.

I've been hype about it being Alex since the moment it showed up in the Arrow thread and tbqh I love being disappointed in increasingly frustrating manners so this next season is right up my alley

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
You could tell a lot of this season's fx budget was in this ep, in a good way. I think they were trying to build to unleashing the thinker like this but they didn't nail the slow ominous burn nearly as well as s1, and the thinkers plan is too loving dumb to be compelling.

If we don't get Ralph back I'll be mad as hell. I think Marlize is gonna make a medical gadget and fix Harry before the final battle and then sacrifice herself to kill Clifford.

Did Caitlyn's mom die when she showed up? I don't remember. I was wondering if the flashback was hinting towards a previous wave of experimental metas seperate from particle accelerator, they've all had like 20 extra years to master their powers and blend in so could be credible individual threats or even like a cabal or something.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think all you gotta do to blend in is dont SPECIFICALLY do crime in Star/Central City. And no, don't go to Gotham either. If I was a super villain I'd be robbing banks in Kentucky or something.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I’m still laughing at the fact that Team Flash had a satellite lying around and did absolutely nothing to prevent DeVoe from just taking it. They actually seemed surprised when he took it, like they forgot they had it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Especially since they use it almost every week to scan for the Technobabble of the Week.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm excited that with this year's crossover, Team Flash and Team Supergirl are going to meet John Constantine

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blaise330 posted:

Funny enough this is probably the most The Thinker ever got to do. I hear in the comics he's the IT guy for bad guy super groups.

That's the Calculator. The Thinker's been an actual threat once or twice.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

pile of brown posted:

Did Caitlyn's mom die when she showed up? I don't remember. I was wondering if the flashback was hinting towards a previous wave of experimental metas seperate from particle accelerator, they've all had like 20 extra years to master their powers and blend in so could be credible individual threats or even like a cabal or something.

There was also the guy with the laser eyes Cap Cold killed during the Rogue convoy episode. They mentioned off hand during his first appearance that he wasn't around for the particle explosion but didn't investigate further. Would be an interesting way to call back to that if Caitlyn's parents were the one who made him.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Get Mark Hamill back for a few episodes and I'm golden.
I think a lot of this show's problems would be solved by just doing smaller stories that take up one to three episodes. Have a three episode Trickster story, have Grodd be the villain for one episode. It would be helpful if they hadn't had a habit of just killing off every bad guy so they could actually have recurring villains, but they could still do it.

That and making team Flash actually sympathise with the bad guys. Like that one scene from the cartoon that everyone always links where Flash just talks his bad guy down instead of beating him up. Gustin would play that kind of Flash really well.

Blaise330 posted:

Btw is it just me or does it seem like if every season Flash and Arrow just swapped villains they'd wrap up in 1 episode? All arrow villains would get utterly owned by super speed and every flash villain just needs an arrow to the neck.
Every Arrow villain just needs and arrow to the neck. It's been really bad this season, but Oliver's policy of only murdering people who aren't plot-critical is the only reason most of his bad guys are any threat at all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I miss Not Plastic Man and I hope they have some sort of dumbass
Not-Science to pull Ralph out of Devoe and get him back.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm assuming we get some hand wavy thing about how Ralph's "elastic-ability" makes his brain more able to bounce back and reject Devoe or something. Basically the same way Plastic Man is basically immortal and invulnerable even to the point of dividing him in a million pieces.

At least they better because of Ralph is gone that's objectively bad on Team Flash Writers.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Season 3 was just garbage though, I don't know what the gently caress could've helped it.
You'd have to go back and fix the ending of Season 2.

Season 2 is also not bad until everything starts to loving fall apart in the last third of the season. That's when the writers completely lose the plot and the show just loses all its fun and momentum as they try to dig themselves out. Flash has basically had a straight decline in quality since the end of Season 1, although possibly 4 is better than 3, I'm not sure. I quit watching them both midway through, so we'll see how it is when I binge the whole thing after the season ends.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm assuming we get some hand wavy thing about how Ralph's "elastic-ability" makes his brain more able to bounce back and reject Devoe or something.

He's a detective, rookie! He was undercover in Devoe's brain the whole time! :haw:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Lamest case scenario, Ralph comes back to life AND gets written off the show between seasons Malfoy style.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blaise330 posted:

Lamest case scenario, Ralph comes back to life AND gets written off the show between seasons Malfoy style.

lol oh yeah wtf they had malfoy for a season and did nothing with him

or was he the secret villain who didnt know he was the villain? that season sucked soooooo bad

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anybody else read this thread title in Chong’s voice?

Wally’s not here, mannn.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Feenix posted:

Wally’s not here, mannn.

Legends should do an episode at Woodstock where they fight off a dragon that's intoxicated with hallucinogens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xelkelvos posted:

Legends should do an episode at Woodstock where they fight off a dragon that's intoxicated with hallucinogens.

That's what happens when you take the brown acid.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Xelkelvos posted:

Yet another excuse for Nate totrip balls!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes I remember that Nate was introduced as an awkward nerd historian and I laugh.

I mean he's still a total nerd but the whole of his run has basically been the nerd being exposed to college and disappointing his parents.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bring back old gbs posted:

lol oh yeah wtf they had malfoy for a season and did nothing with him

or was he the secret villain who didnt know he was the villain? that season sucked soooooo bad

He'll be back for a love triangle with caitlin and killer frost. The one least creeped out by him wins.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

Wally’s not here, mannn.

Smoke, Barry, smoke!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TwoPair posted:

Smoke, Barry, smoke!

That's just how the Weedforce works.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

There was a producer on Arrow named Speed Weed

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
*diaz throws whiskey glass across the room angrily* "IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SPEED WEED CUTTING INTO MY VERTIGO SALES"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Okay, let's get this sonovabitch over with.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

There's been too many countdown clocks this season, kind of a tired plot device at this point

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DeVoe was never a good guy, for gently caress's sake.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Joe remains an awesome character.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I missed the first 20 minutes but I wish Barry's thoughts were unreadable because he literally thinks too fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

He'll yea joe west fought him off with love