Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Even if Flash or Cisco can't whoosh Cecille for medical reasons, they could whoosh a doctor here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why isn't Wally...

Okay, I'll accept the mystery time lady saving the day.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Uhhhh actually lady you need to work on your inventions inside a prison cell because you straight up helped murder several people...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, does Ralph now have all of DeVoe's other powers too, or is he back to just Elongated Man for reasons?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

You don't need to be dumb to have empathy you fucks :argh:

I did love Barry's reaction to Iris whiffing on the Star Trek reference.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I guess this explains why Wally wasn't credited on Legends for next year. He's back on Flash for Season 5. Hopefully Ralph sticks around too. He was the best aprt of this season.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So it's basically Flashpoint but instead of the audience being in on all the changes we're going to have future girl going like "woah this happened way different in my timeline!" right?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
DeVoe had a stupid plan but some really great special effects these last 2 episodes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Good news Barry, the mayor read a blog written by your wife and decided you can have your job back!

I love how Cisco forgot that Cecile's powers were tied to her pregnancy. I guess the Enlightenment was already working on him. :downs:

"Ralph you need to get to the exit and reclaim your body. Now I'm not going to speed us there instantly because"

Guy A. Person posted:

Uhhhh actually lady you need to work on your inventions inside a prison cell because you straight up helped murder several people...

:same:

nine-gear crow posted:

I guess this explains why Wally wasn't credited on Legends for next year. He's back on Flash for Season 5. Hopefully Ralph sticks around too. He was the best aprt of this season.

He will go help Malfoy do stuff in the UK

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Nora you've got to have seen BTTF enough to know that outing yourself as a time traveler to your parents is a bad idea. Besides you've got one of the Time Idiots™ right there with Wally, just tell him to keep things on the downlow and help you fix time.

Anyway this episode was pretty fun and really reinforces, to me at least, that this was actually a good season, just stretched out too long for its own good. I'm actually optimistic for the next season, I really want to see what the deal is with brain-fried Harry and episode 1 Barry's weird speech.

Guy A. Person posted:

So it's basically Flashpoint but instead of the audience being in on all the changes we're going to have future girl going like "woah this happened way different in my timeline!" right?

She's going to be from the pre-Flashpoint timeline and make everything really awkward when she talks about how much she loves hanging out with Cisco's dead-thanks-to-her-dad brother.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 23, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

And it might not suck, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I just watched a show flounder around in midair, twist about six times, hit a tree on the way down, and then land perfectly with its arms calmly outstretched.

That was a really, really good finale. Lots of bullshit on the way there, but when Barry and Ralph were kicking the poo poo out of Devoes, I was hootin and hollerin at my laptop. Also I'm not gonna lie, XS helping her dad save the world made me tear up a little. :3: Wondering where they go with her "whoops sry wasn't supposed to help you" timeline, though. Clearly she's been zipping back to the past to hang out with her parents and accidentally hosed up time, so we know she takes after her father...

Also Marlese's horrified expression at "How is he going to survive that?!" I imagine the entire time he's running to the satellite, Iris is drawing on the whiteboard and saying in a really condescending voice, "SPEEEEEEEED... FORRRRRRRRCE."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TwoPair posted:

Nora you've got to have seen BTTF enough to know that outing yourself as a time traveler to your parents is a bad idea. Besides you've got one of the Time Idiots™ right there with Wally, just tell him to keep things on the downlow and help you fix time.

Counterpoint: she's Barry Allen's kid.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I tuned in five minutes late, and every once in a while people's voice picks up a monotone buzzing. Is this some sort of signal interference, or an in-show thing I missed an explanation for?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I’m guessing Barry was suppose to die there and Iris is pregnant.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

I’m guessing Barry was suppose to die there and Iris is pregnant.

The Time Bureau has an entire building that houses nothing but people working Allen cases.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I think this season is where I get off. It was a real chore to make it through all 23 episodes, and there is little hope for it drastically improving next year.

LoT is the final hope of the Arrowverse, but if it succumbs to the 4th season curse, it will probably be time for CW to reboot or end their D.C shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was painful as poo poo to watch and gently caress them for putting Wally back on this show. Also I was right, it's their daughter not their granddaughter so I win like, $5 or something.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

In my heart, the next morning when she tried to fly out of Central City, she's pinched at the gate by Singh and like 20 CCPD officers as a by-product of Iris straight up outting DeVoe and her as The Thinker and The Mechanic a few weeks ago.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

In my heart, the next morning when she tried to fly out of Central City, she's pinched at the gate by Singh and like 20 CCPD officers as a by-product of Iris straight up outting DeVoe and her as The Thinker and The Mechanic a few weeks ago.

"In her heart there will always be a part that loves him"

*Barry walks out of frame*

"...and she can think about that when her rear end is in a cell"

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I’m guessing Barry also found Flashpoint as uninteresting as the rest of us since he apparently never told his daughter about it.

Either that or she got her smarts from her father.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TyrantWD posted:

I think this season is where I get off. It was a real chore to make it through all 23 episodes, and there is little hope for it drastically improving next year.

LoT is the final hope of the Arrowverse, but if it succumbs to the 4th season curse, it will probably be time for CW to reboot or end their D.C shows.

LoT has gotten better every season and is adding Constantine so I wouldn't be that pessimistic about it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Anyway I thought that was a great finale despite being pretty down on the season for the most part. Looking forward to Dummy Allen Family teamups next year while the father/daughter combo tries to fix time and fails, again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The TV IV > DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: "Wally's not here anymore."

The TV IV > The Flash Season 5 - "Wally's here now."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Stunt Rock posted:

I’m guessing Barry also found Flashpoint as uninteresting as the rest of us since he apparently never told his daughter about it.

Either that or she got her smarts from her father.

Talk to your kids about Flashpoint, before they find out themselves.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I enjoyed the fact that Barry was fired for legitimate reasons but because the mayor read a blog with unsubstantiated claims he was able to get his job back

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Whatever else the season floundered on, it made Barry a little less moody from previous seasons AND it gave us Drunk Barry.

I'm daaaaa Flash!

They made LoT embrace the cheese and camp. Why does THIS show have to try and be so serious all the time? It nails it when it's not so full of itself.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
HOW DID YOU BEAT ME?!?!

BECAUSE THEY LOVED SOMEONE!!!

No, lady, it's because Ralph was being kept alive because his body was connected to his conscious and he retook control of it via Matrix bullshit.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Haven’t had a chance to watch yet, do we find out why the house was bitchin’?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yep.

Klungar posted:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mortanis posted:

Whatever else the season floundered on, it made Barry a little less moody from previous seasons AND it gave us Drunk Barry.

I'm daaaaa Flash!

They made LoT embrace the cheese and camp. Why does THIS show have to try and be so serious all the time? It nails it when it's not so full of itself.

Which is weird because The Flash should be the fun one. It can have its serious moments, but for the moment The Flash should be the guy who's always upbeat.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Klungar posted:

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
They really need Wally on LoT because with XS coming in next season the writers don't have the brainpower to juggle three speedsters. They can't even handle one.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Her big mistake?

Left the stove on.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

That finale was great. When time stopped and went back and Barry and Nora punched the satellite together I was freaking out like when Barry destroyed the black hole in season 1. Not as good as the Legends finale (Joe’s face when Wally said they fought a time demon :lol: ) but it’s hard to top that greatness.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dracorion posted:

They really need Wally on LoT because with XS coming in next season the writers don't have the brainpower to juggle three speedsters. They can't even handle one.

Seriously, I want Wally to stay on the Waverider and next season to be wacky adventures with Dibney, XS, and Barry, with Killer Frost and Cisco as necessary.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THAT ISN'T XS SHUT UP NERDS

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

Seriously, I want Wally to stay on the Waverider and next season to be wacky adventures with Dibney, XS, and Barry, with Killer Frost and Cisco as necessary.

I too am hoping Wally's showing up was just to give closure to his stuff on Flash proper.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
There's absolutely nothing in Wally's lines that suggest 1. leaving the legends or 2. joining team flash

lol @ the start of the episode when Barry said to call Oliver

Oliver: ..... *shoots an arrow at the sky* ..............well I've done all I can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

There's absolutely nothing in Wally's lines that suggest 1. leaving the legends or 2. joining team flash

lol @ the start of the episode when Barry said to call Oliver

Oliver: ..... *shoots an arrow at the sky* ..............well I've done all I can do.

you absolutely know that arrow would come crashing down into the pocket dimension lair right as DeVoe was choking Cecille, killing him.