Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Oh.
My.
God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I'm just watching it now, but Devoe's new look is Jordan Peterson isn't it?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Tiggum posted:

That felt like a random episode from the middle of a series I haven't been watching. I remember that basically nothing got resolved at the end of last season due to the plague, and Iris is in the mirror realm, but that's about it. I don't even remember who the new sidekicks are or why Barry was running out of speed or if we even know what Eva's goal is.
Seriously this was totally my reaction.

I knew a few of the characters like Joe and Cecile but who the gently caress are Chuck and Garcia?

Iris facing off with Sexier Iris was great but confusing.

I think COVID hosed me up.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

oh jay posted:

I liked Ralph's character because of the surprisingly good performance of the actor whose name I won't even bother to look up. You don't really catch lightning in a bottle like that two times in a row in these CW shows.

Just dump the character and move on.

Pretty much this. It especially sucked because he had such great chemistry with Cecile.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Given the purple duds, I kept expecting hulk-guy to be Ralph’s new incarnation.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Everytime they say “Psych” I expect to see Shawn go boneless and Gus drag him out.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Pillowpants posted:

Psych movie coming soon!

Whisper fight between Barry and Iris.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This show sucks.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
What in the actual gently caress is going on with this show? I swear to God I always feel like I missed an episode or two between scenes. Where the gently caress did the second marriage proposal come from? I guess it was thematically related to the “maybe Iris is pregnant” plot, but Christ. Everything is a Goddamned mess.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Vietnamwees posted:

TECHNICALLY, it wasn't a second marriage proposal, Barry & Iris just renewed their wedding vows.

Okay, but where was Felicity?

Ha-HA, this show sucks.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Did Joe die? I don't remember seeing anything about Jesse Martin quitting the show but that whole thing about Chester being sorry for saying dead around Cecilia made me wonder. I mean I guess the baby could've died but that's loving dark.
I had the same question because I had no recollection of anyone dying. A quick Google and nobody seems to know what the gently caress that was about.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

These episodes feel like the scripts were just the first drafts and there were no rewrites.

That's been the last few seasons.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Chester is the worst.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
That whole arc sucked. Like worse than usual.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This show is so loving bad.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Man, Patton seems so done with this poo poo.
She's been like that for a while and I'm right there with her.

This show is torture.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is like the 3rd episode in a row that's been...decent?

I'm nonplussed.

Also, Danielle Nicolet is a legit MVP. Seriously, Cecile is a load-bearing character and an ever-present delight.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

*Barry kneeling by Oliver’s grave*
“I miss you Oliver. I wish you were here to help me right now because I don’t know what to do and it’s all falling apart”
*arrow from offscreen hits Barry in the back*
“Barry how many times have I told you to check the perimeter”

Better if it comes up out of the grave and hits him in the shoulder.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Did Grant Gustin and Candice Patton get into a fight or something? Like the last few years have felt really weird and they are barely on screen together.

I think Patton has been done with the show for a while. She endured a lot of racist bullshit from the fans early on, and if she had dropped out it would only have increased out of spite. She's just been phoning it in more and more as the general quality of the show dropped.

Good for her!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
lmao this show sucks so bad

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

delightful posted:

I quit watching this show in season 3 but I'm kind of curious how it ends. Is it possible to jump in at Season 9 or am I going to be completely lost in lore?
Yes & Yes.

I've watched consistently and I understand less and less what the gently caress is going on with each season. As far as I can tell, the Speedforce is Object Impermanence and it directly affects the viewer.

Watch and post just so we can utterly fail to answer any questions you may have!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Gary and Mona started out well, but they were strictly supporting cast; rotating them to main cast killed them. They did a weird reboot with Mona's character making her a stupid, quirky, and childish instead of just odd.

Carter was a void.