Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Funny if you think about it - from his own perspective he still had to spend however long it would take to actually walk to China, while carrying a huge man, no less.

I remember a Quicksilver comic explaining that he's a jerk because to him everyone is that slow person in line who doesn't move. He has to deliberately slow his speech to a crawl so other people can understand him and does a thousand piece puzzle while waiting for the other person to give a response during the course of normal conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
A big problem with these shows is when they make the main character overpowered way too early. Flash got essentially all of his main abilities in the first season and then added the lightning throw in the beginning of the second season. He went from learning his powers to phasing through matter to time travel on demand way too quickly and they had nowhere to go except to nerf him. The hero has to be at a disadvantage compared to the villain or there's no tension.

Heroes did the same thing with Peter Petrelli.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I am so not into iris and Allegra office politics. But what I enjoyed at the end was the actor that plays Joe West. Did they actually get him drunk? Because he played a very convincing drunk person.

Jesse L Martin is a national treasure. He was Tom Collins in Rent.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Slamhound posted:

She's been like that for a while and I'm right there with her.

This show is torture.

This show rivals Heroes for worst quality drop after a strong first season.