Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Previously on Season 3

Barry Allen, our titular Flash, fought against a third evil speedster, the evillest of them all. Himself, which, yeah, accurate. After defeating him however the Speed Force was like "hey man we need a cliffhanger for the next season, so get the gently caress in" and Barry was all "haha ok, not like I gotta get MARRIED or anything, bye!"

Well six months later, the Speed Force is all "ok Barry, new season time, get out of here!" and Barry is all "ok" and here we are.

WHAT TO EXPECT
Another Evil Speedster Villain PSYCHE!! That's right, we're getting a non-speedster villain. Only took us 4 seasons to get here! Downside - still not The Rogues.
More Wellses? poo poo, there's a whole multiverse of Tom Cavanagh characters to go around.
Iris helps lead Team Flash! Cool.
Joe dadding it up and maybe also getting married to his girlfriend? Neat!
Wally being a good boy that nobody appreciates.
Cisco meeting his love interest's dad. Yay...
Caitlin hopefully not having another love interest subplot? Please?

We're also getting the goddamn WestAllen wedding, which will be crashed by Nazis from another world, just like in my Silver Age comics.

AND MORE--

The Flash, Season 4: "We promise this won't be like Arrow's Season 4, ok, trust us please."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Invalid Validation posted:

How much you wanna bet they'll end up bringing in an evil speedster again cause the writers are hacks?
I would accept this if the evil speedster is a young Thawne just acting like a dick.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

WhyteRyce posted:

So staying in the Speed Force makes you super fast? But I thought the suit is what made Savitar so fast
"Girl, let it go."

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Barry couldn't you just open the door and get him out??

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Koalas March posted:

I like that Iris got a monologue, but I really wish they'd give one to Wally. I thought it was cute when he was geeking out over the Flash before he knew it was Barry. He needs a good centric episode and some more character development.

Too bad the writers suck.

In an ideal world where the writers don't want to rush the status quo back in, Wally would get to act as Flash for a couple episodes and Caitlin wouldn't be immediately brought back into the fold after making such a big deal about finding out who she is (and also, resetting her entire arc as Killer Frost which is a shame because the ending to that was actually one of the few good parts of s3's finale.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Iris is the only character who hasn't pointlessly hidden important poo poo from the other characters, which puts her in a good position to be the team leader.
Iris was the one who said they shouldn't tell Joe about her future death.

EDIT: Or maybe it was Wally or Barry? poo poo I don't remember Season3 anymore.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Mooseontheloose posted:

This is one of the best episodes of the Flash ever and I am completely serious about this.
This. It feels like they're really committing to giving the show some levity and not just saying it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Klungar posted:

What's the chance Cecile is having twins?
If this is a reference to the Tornado Twins, those are Barry and Iris' kids. It'd feel kind of weird for them to be their siblings instead.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bobkatt013 posted:

Are they fighting doctor light?
(User was banned for this post)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I'm rewatching season 3 with a friend and honestly it's a lot better than I remembered? I think around the mid-way is where it kind of started to go downhill, but the stuff up until the Grodd episodes is still fairly solid. Also makes me wish harder Wally didn't get so poorly written out. When Arrow does a better job of sending off a sidekick, you know you goofed.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

God, for how much they're playing with it this year, I hope "This house is bitchin'" has an amazing payoff at some point.
Barry changes the timeline, comes back and the house is now a mansion. Last line of the season "this house really is bitchin now"

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Proposition Joe posted:

What happened to Iris West co-worker and possible friend Linda Park?
Yeah Linda being written off into non-existence sucks hard. She left because of the Zoom thing, but guy's been dead for two years! You think they'd give her a call and be like "hey you can live in Central City again, no need to be afraid anymore" but. Writers.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

XboxPants posted:

Luckily, Guggenheim is free and clear of all suspi

https://twitter.com/offtothegraces/status/930228958355849216

Oh, nuts.
I mean after what happened to Laurel, are we really that shocked about this?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, we need a scene with Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher both playing Thawne at the same time at some point between now and the end of the show.
Absolutely this, I'll be mad if this series ends without them on screen at the same time playing double Thawne. But yeah Tom always talks about how he likes playing Eobard, so I think they just wanted to utilize him to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Whoever made this costume needs to make a Booster Gold outfit ASAP