Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also Thawne worked with/for the Nazis on Earth-1 at one point too, and that had nothing to do with Barry Allen. Thawne doesn't need a reason to be a massive inflamed prick; he just is one already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The next Crossover should be The Legion of Three Two Worlds

The perfect Arrowverse Legion of Doom is Thawne, Merlyn, Darhk, Grodd, Lillian, Laurel, and Zod (assuming Zod actually shows up again on Supergirl and wasn't just a one-off cameo).

Fight me.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The way the exchange played between them I'm pretty sure Thawne explicitly meant Kara's cousin, Earth-38 Clark/Superman. Though knowing Thawne, it was probably either a draw or Clark ruined his rear end but he ran away and called it a victory.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

You forgot The Trickster.

Aw poo poo you're right!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Okay, fine.

The perfect Arrowverse Legion of Doom is Thawne, Merlyn, Darhk, Grodd, Lillian, Laurel, Trickster, Breacher, and Zod.

Fight me everyone, I guess...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Atreiden posted:

Really liked the whole crossover. but this is like the third time team flash just lets a villain walk away this season. Have they all forgotten prisons are a thing?

Barry/others have kind of killed Thawne like three times now, and it clearly refuses to stick. If I were Barry, I’d go “gently caress it” too and just let him walk because he’s clearly NEVER going to actually die, so what’s the point in locking him up either. Thawne gonna Thawne.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

welp, looks like CWDC's reign as best CW universe is going to end next year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA

:vince:

Jesus CHRIST!

It's basically the ultimate Legends episode that they'll never make for budget/character availability reasons: The Joker and Harley Quinn are trying to take over Feudal Japan with the help of Grodd and a legion of Jokerbots, and it's up to the Bat Family Time Idiots to stop them before history itself becomes one giant joke.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Davros1 posted:

Well, in the Supergirl S1 ep with the Flash, STAR labs existed, but there was no Wells, Cicso, or Catlin.

Central City exists on Earth-38 :eng101: It's STAR Labs that doesn't exist there. Barry couldn't find the Earth-38 doppelgangers for Wells, Cisco, and Caitlin because presumably they go by different names or don't have scientific careers/backgrounds on Earth-38 (Wells the Gray, anyone?), but yeah everything else we've seen of the multiverse so far basically confirms that they're out there somewhere on Supergirl's Earth, same with an Earth-38 Barry and Iris.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

Thawne: I wonder what face I’ll be wearing next time we meet?

Barry: I’ll just stand here and contemplate that :)

Good job Barry, you’re a great superhero.

Again, Barry realized he could kill Thawne 500 times and the fucker will ALWAYS come back because there’s a 501st time remnant out there or whatever. Letting him go is the smatter option because killing Thawne literally doesn’t matter or would improve anything.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Opening scene for tonight’s episode that was cut for time: https://youtu.be/3p_zHfvTyuo

After the week she's had, I wouldn't fault Iris if she just straight up murdered Dibny :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honestly, they should have got Rick Worthy to be Brainstorm. Dude can go from disarmingly charming to holy poo poo terrifying and back again in a blink. Great episode though.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I liked an explanation I saw posted on Reddit, where him not running is basically him expressing his faith in Iris and the team’s ability to clear his name.

It seems like the situation was purpose built to force Barry to reveal to the public or at least to the police that he is the Flash, because that's literally the only possible way to clear his name, because he does have an alibi that's backed up by Iris, Joe, Caitlin, Cisco and Ralph, it's just the only way it works is "yeah, but he's the Flash."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

8one6 posted:

There's also the bit where he's the lead CSI on a bunch of crimes where the Flash caught the villain.
Judges tend to frown on that short of poo poo.

Although if they were ever in need of a good bottle show to save some money and actor availability, they could always do a Lower Decks episode where two rando junior CSIs pour through all of Barry's cases to look for malfeasance only to find out "Oh, I guess they were all guilty after all. Welp."

...Unless you get you get that one dumbass judge from last year who let Heat Monger walk free because Barry had a brainfart in court and then the dude went right out and lit an office tower on fire. That was sure stupid.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I heard that Cavanagh really wanted to play Thawne again. He loves playing different characters.

Again, we need a scene with Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher both playing Thawne at the same time at some point between now and the end of the show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Koalas March posted:

Greg Berlanti is gay. (Also married his long time partner this week, congrats!)

You're doing a great job proving it's goons who are always the creeps though.

TVIV > The Flash Season 4 Hiatus - Goons Are Always Creeps

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This is clearly the latest facet of the Reverse Flash’s ongoing evil plot against Barry: to make goons get all weird and sweaty about incest for literally no reason the second the show goes away on winter break for the year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Windows 98 posted:

To be fair by letting it to go court there is a possibility that they can spin it against DeVo. They can spin the narrative against him, especially with the police they have as friends in high places. It could work against DeVo if the writers are smart enough. The shots of Barry in jail is just because he can’t make bail or some poo poo and needs to do a little time till court.

But that’s way too smart for the writers

The only way to defeat the smartest man in the world is to counter him with the highest concentration of stupid imaginable: the average American jury.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It's all just an excuse to re-enact the final episode of Seinfeld. This season's gonna end with Barry, Joe, Iris and Wells stuck in a cramped cell together in Iron Heights.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Does an entirely different production team design these suits or something? I don't mind the other CW costumes but the ones on this show are some next level poo poo.

Well, the glittery lightning bolts are a bit distracting but still. I love this aesthetic.

Yes. The original 4 Arrowverse shows shoot in Vancouver, Black Lightning shoots in Atlanta. So yeah they are literally half a continent away from the proper CWverse in every sense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So, wait... did Wells just drop an atom bomb's worth of radiation on top of Cyborg Wells to save Central City? :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Prairie Bus posted:

That was a frustratingly dumb episode of this show. It's never been an especially clever show, but good god drat was that dumb. My favorite part was the judge saying Barry was the worse criminal he's ever seen. Like, what? At worst, he's a one-time murderer who hired the worst attorney.

Plot twist: the judge knew Barry was the Flash all along and was indeed throwing the book at him for being History’s Greatest Monster, it’s just that no one else in the room realized it. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McSpanky posted:

Yeah I was really waiting for "My new body includes the gift of reading minds, which allows me to inform you that I have a contingency plan in case you follow through on that thought of putting your vibrating hand through my face".

Again, I'm going with my pet theory that DeVoe has just paid a whole score of random people just do specific things at specific to-the-second times because they're the end points of calculation chains that end in a catastrophic derail of whatever Team Flash is planning.

Like some fucker gets a check for $30k in the mail with a letter that says "Sit in your car in space L24 of the Central City Mall parking lot until 11:22:07 AM and then reverse your car out of the space; an additional $30,000 will be wired to your bank account upon completion of this task." And then they do it only to turn out that that was exactly where Cisco and Caitlyn were going to breach out of, so this dumb shmuck is shocked when Vibe and Killer Frost splatter themselves across his rear bumper suddenly. Meanwhile ten minutes later halfway across the city some janitor tips over his mop bucket intentionally... and nothing happens because whatever probability waveform that would have put Iris there to slip and shatter her ankle and land her in the hospital for an afternoon has long-since collapsed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Meanwhile, Ralph's getting a proper costume next week. It looks... eh.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At least Arrow, Supergirl, Legends and Black Lightning are good. 4/5 ain't that bad, right?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zebulon posted:

Wally's been drafted into the Legends, now. He's gone to a better place.

:toot:

From the sound of it though, it’s only going to be a short term thing. Hopefully it’s more permanent than that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

The Flash is a cool and good show and I am quite sure there are some good episodes and arcs coming up.

Don’t quit on a cool and good show with good arcs coming up.

Flash writer spotted.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Make the show stop sucking!

Actually I'm fine with it overall. People on this forum just love lighting themselves on fire.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Wait holy poo poo is that Bill Goldberg???

Hell yeah it is. I was chanting "Goldberg! Goldberg!" at the TV every time he came on screen.

Personally speaking I think all the "SHOW RUINED FOREVER BY BAD EPISODE" people are over reacting very badly. Like, last ep and the "Barry becomes a crazy stalker" episode were the only two bad episodes this year. Everything else has been fairly spot on and fun. And that's really all I want out of Flash. Just be fun. God.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Can't wait for Hamill to be done with Star Wars so he can come back to this and either have the Trickster family going all out, or all of them basically getting into one big war/competition against each other with Central City in the middle.

That kind of seems to be the implied thing with Prank's "I'll be out again in like two years!" line. But yeah having Mark Hamill and Corinne Bohrer be basically the older estranged parents version of the Joker and Harley Quinn trying to raise their equally lovely son in the Arrowverse is a drat good creative coup.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Show ruined forever. Close the thread now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Lies, Alfie Woodard has not aged a day since the late 80s.

And together they produced the best drat scene in all of Star Trek.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Oh god, looping Cecile into Team Flash was the best thing this show's done in a long while. :allears:

That poor therapist. Why does Iris keep torturing her with legit crazy people?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bbf2 posted:

The Iris hate really baffles me. What has she done wrong? I can't think of the last time there was any real relationship drama BS or "hiding secrets" melodrama crap between them. For the last year or so they've just kind of been together and that's that and almost all of the conflict has been external threats. And I'm pretty sure the last few times its happened its been Barry's fault. Their relationship and Iris herself have been pretty solid in recent seasons especially if you compare them to the disaster that is Olicity.

White male nerds on the internet get upset when cool black women get to do the same awesome poo poo everyone else can in their comic book safe spaces :ssh:

Also a lot of people just can't wrap their heads around the fact that Iris has developed significantly as a character since Season 1, back when she was shittily written and actually somewhat legitimately dislikeable. Hell, I used to hate her too for a while but she's now my straight up favorite character on the show.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 31, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Get Cecile to walk next to DeVoe and find OUT what his plan is.

Didn't they do that on Heroes once? Had two telepaths try to read each others thoughts and it just turned into a feedback loop that nearly killed both of them?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The only implausible thing about The Trial of the Flash was that the jury actually convicted a white police officer of killing someone. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
As usual, Flash Thread is the dumbest thing about Flash.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Funnily enough, he's playing Deathstroke in the DCEU now and he looks older than Manu Bennett did in the role.

Also he's the reason we can't have TV Deathstroke anymore because lol DC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'm just working off the assumption that Caitlin and Killer Frost are in fact just the same person and it's basically just Caitlin and Drunk Caitlin. Like how some people can just get so drunk they turn into a completely different person AND have no memory of what they said or did while drunk, yet everyone else around them who's sober or not as drunk can recall it perfectly.

Like Burnie Burns vs. Drunk Burnie from Rooster Teeth.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Until Barry physically showed up there, I honestly thought DeVoe's lair was just some kind of VR mindspace that him and his wife shared so they could look like supervillains in it while still being a seemingly normal couple IRL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I was under the impression that DeVoe was starting to lose his touch and be an rear end in a top hat to his wife because the body swapping and Slyar'ing of other people's powers has diluted his original powers and he's becoming a victim of his own success.

Also gently caress anyone who wants to poo poo talk Katee Sackhoff, she is fantastic and you can all go to hell :colbert: