Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

is the whole barry not killing people a comic reference or something? to me a common turnoff for a number of network tv shows, even ones not superhero related, is when a protagonist refuses to kill someone when it would objectively be for the greater good for everyone, and it just reeks of reaching some network tv age rating requirement or something. didn't arrow go through a phase where oliver wasn't supposed to kill people or something? For the sake of keeping hold of an antagonist for future episodes makes sense i guess. and, after all, you want these superhero shows to be acceptable for teens on network tv it seems

bleh whatev. all i know is i seem to like the rated R superhero movies more than the pg13 ones but that's just me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Iris your blog is fuckin ugly

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

2 more episodes till the season end. this season's plot is more of a 13 episode season to me

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Dangit Barry, did't they tell you about that whole "using the cure on metas without their consent is horrible and not an option" pact?

Also, was the Cicada in Grace's head always an adult version of her, or did that shift after the false memory was revealed? I only noticed it then.

Yeah I noticed the Cicada change as well

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I think I was done with this season 5 episodes ago. I hope someone murders Nora soon

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Eh. I think I just watch this show to waste 41 minutes of my time with simple brainless entertaining visuals. I'm not sure I actually care about any characters on this show anymore. It may have to do with the season itself and it may not. I'm definitely done with actually caring about it. The chick from Black Sails needs to go

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I'm starting the episode now and I totally didn't want to have to watch a Nora backstory episode at all. Ugh

As for her natural stupidity, I can totally see it happening in real life in regards to technology doing more and more thinking for us. Of course you're gonna be dumber when you go back into the past where this tech doesn't exist

e: wow this story is poo poo so far

e2: nah she's a genuinely mentally challenged

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 17, 2019

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

If this show disappeared after this season unexpectedly, I'd be okay with that.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Someone just needs to kick Barry in the nuts really really hard

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Why dont the ever explain whst happens when you fart in the speed force? That would be a decent mid season episode

what do the time wraiths think about speed force farts

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Rhyno posted:

I really can't stand how Barry just says "Crisis is coming" like it's a person. It's A CRISIS or THE CRISIS drat it!

yeah I hear it as a 4th wall-breaking thing, as in he's referring to the "Crisis on Infinite Earths" episodes themselves

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

ugh

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

ookiimarukochan posted:

Love to see TV reviewers constantly wonder why the non-core cast go absent for weeks at a time, it's almost like they don't have access to a writer on the show to explain it to them.

in many cases it's the same reason part of the main cast will disappear for weeks on end (on TV shows with large amount of core characters) - they can only afford to pay for so many at a time. they have a budget to work with

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

what a filler episode

hey you gotta expect them so i am no doubt shocked

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Pillowpants posted:

Who was the big guy in the gang? I recognized his voice

Ryan Jefferson Booth is an actor, known for iZombie (2015), Arrow (2012) and DC's Legends of Tomorrow (2016).

seems he's a decent big guy villain actor. you probably recognized him from another DC show

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Nov 22, 2021

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

CW is desperate

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

JohnnyQPublic posted:

Tangentially related to the Flash but the CW released a trailer for Gotham Knights what do you lot think? I'm on the fence on one hand I think it's an interesting premise but on the other it looks to be reeking of Dawson's Creek teen angst and drama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnUkN3h9yQw

Ah, a Supernatural crossover I see

As for teen angst/drama-themed shows, I personally haven't liked them since my late 20s and I'm in my late 30s now. You can probably guess which parts of Superman and Louis I'm not a fan of. My older brother who's in his mid 40s loves shows focused around high school teen drama and I'll never understand why. To each their own I guess.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Lol imagine how much of this chaotic poo poo wouldn't have happened if Barry killed the bad guy for once

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i'd absolutely love if Barry just royally fucks things up on the last episode and completely obliterates his own reality or some poo poo like that. nothing wrong with a sad ending, CW

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i don't think i've seen a more unoriginal flash episode plot

actually i lie, i don't remember much from previous seasons and it's probably a good thing

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The Flash's final villain: Mecha Diaz, in speedster form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i'm so glad arrowverse poo poo is finally going to die. the formula they use has been worn out.

DIEEEEEEEEEEEE