Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

nine-gear crow posted:

I still say they should find a Wells who stole Thawne’s face instead of the inverse so we can get Matt Letscher back on the show.

It honestly amazes me that The Flash can have two different actors play the same villain and have both of them be completely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

She sounds like she based her accent on Dennis as a foppish dandy in The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

“Why are you talking like that? Is there something wrong with your voice?”
“I was being arch... because we were being devious and plotting.”

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Carlosologist posted:

Thawne is only around again because he left a bunch of time remnants in the past. Yes that was the only explanation :downs:

Speed. Force.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Every time Katee Sackhoff opens her mouth as Amunet I just think of that Always Sunny where Frank retires.

“Why are you doing that voice?”
“I’m being arch... because we’re being devious and plotting.”

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Burning_Monk posted:

Wait, how did Barry hold onto Devo's flying chair while simultaneously phasing through the chair's grabber arms? Boy, I sure hope someone got fired for that one!

He vibrated all the other parts of his body but the hands I’m assuming.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Barry isn't exactly keeping his secret identity super secret, he should just come out and be like "Ok look goddamnit I'm the Flash, I don't kill people anymore." "What was that last part?" "Oh. Nothing. Nothing."

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

OB_Juan posted:

Although, that could bring up the "If I'm the Flash, and I wanted to kill a guy, a) a knife, really? and b) not dumping his body in the middle of the ocean, really?" defense.

“Also I could have run away and disappeared before you found me and also why would I murder him / dump the body in my own home.”

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I normally give a lot of leeway to TV shows in how they present trial practice and procedure, but this was exceptionally stupid even by those already reduced standards.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Dracorion posted:

Probably the most unbelievable part of this show, and that's saying something, is a widow saying in court "no my husband totally wanted me to hook up with this young attractive man and have him satisfy my needs, you know in bed, wink wink, Clifford was 100% okay with it and happy for us". And the jury believes it.

... Okay no the most unbelievable part is the idea that Barry's identity is a secret to anyone, but that was a close second.

What made this dumb is that any reasonably experienced trial attorney would’ve backed the wife into a corner first. Or at least tried to.

“You and your husband were together for X years right?”
“Yes.”
“And you were monogamous during that time?”
“Yes.”
“Then how do you explain THIS”

This isn’t a high level concept, it’s basic trial technique. Cross 101.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

That was much better than the last one despite everything about the Thinker/Barry Prison plot being dumb as hell still.

Also Baby Trickster is just terribly obnoxious in a way that doesn’t work for me.

I was pleased to see the return of Bebo.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DeVoe goes away for an episode and the show becomes good again. What a crazy coincidence.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Barry is fast enough to spend an hour running around while a nuke ignites but too slow to react to a villain loudly announcing their triumph before slowly removing their meta cuffs and zapping Ralph’s noodle.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

Barry saying they don't kill their enemies would probably have more weight if it wasn't how they dealt with every other season's big bad.

And also numerous small scale villains and henchmen.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

The master cosmic brain villain’s plan being based on Barry not being a complete fuckup and getting his rear end kicked is :discourse:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DeVoe’s big plan is to become Luke Wilson from Idiocracy.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

"Ok guys lets see how many ridiculously cartoonish accents we can cram into one go-nowhere episode."

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I’m still laughing at the fact that Team Flash had a satellite lying around and did absolutely nothing to prevent DeVoe from just taking it. They actually seemed surprised when he took it, like they forgot they had it.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I’m guessing Barry also found Flashpoint as uninteresting as the rest of us since he apparently never told his daughter about it.

Either that or she got her smarts from her father.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

It’s a loving travesty that Tom Cavanaugh has gone from the best part of the show to the worst part of the show.*

*behind Barry.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

This episode was so good it makes me angry at how bad the rest of this season of the Flash has been.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

They should let Oliver be funny more.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Chokes McGee posted:

lol wut. Do you remember our early "I'm Barry Allen, and I'm the dumbest man alive" schtick? :v:

You speak of this as if it's a thing of the past.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Disappointed we won't get the originally planned Thawne pod but even with the rough patches this was still a huge improvement over the last two seasons.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was the finale? Oof.

I mean it's not like it was intended to be the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Ralph loses his ability to maintain his shape and becomes a puddle they carry around in a bucket, like Odo.