Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked Barry watching all the TV from the time he was in the speed force, though he was really far behind on Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Inkspot posted:

Seriously considering making "WHO MAKES SOUP SO HOT?!" my text tone.

Line of the show right there. It was almost a golden age Simpsons joke.

Just the constant bad luck was great. The sully bit was kind of outdated, but the cgi canada goose salvaged it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wells & Sisco, clearly Caitlin is Summer, then who gets to be Jerry?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bozart posted:

i think you know

So that means Iris is Beth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they think Elongated Man was too silly and went with Plastic Man? Or am I getting the two confused. Though I hope Dibney shows up in the red one piece and sunglasses that Plastic Man wore.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

I think they just wanted to avoid the Elongated Man name because it is kind of awkward. Also unlike Plastic Man Ralph can only stretch.

Seems like he can stretch any part of himself. I want to see him stretch like his eyeballs to spy on someone. That grossed me out as a kid, but I want to see it now.

Also, they continue to indicate that the MCU exists in the Arrowverse. "I look like a Hemsworth!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want Dibny to show up next episode improving his costume by adding a big 4 on the chest and going "because i have 4 limbs!", that or dyed it red and is wearing sunglasses.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FactsAreUseless posted:

30 Rock had an episode where a character purchases, and is satisfied with, a new GE washer and dryer.

30 Rocks hanging a lantern on all the product placement stuff was fantastic.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's called racial integration.

Lets get you two coffee cups, maybe then you'll feel better.

Autism Sneaks posted:

The worst part about 30 Rock was that the the Funcooker pocket microwave wasn't real :( I never watched the pilot when it came out, so I didn't realize the Trivection oven was even real until I heard about people losing their minds because NBC aired ads for the Trivection oven with the episode.

The bit where they're trying to figure out the name of the product with the scrabble blocks is one of my favorite comedy bits ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5onC93dc0cE

Franks face as Jack is pulling out V...A....G is priceless. 30 Rock, the last great network sitcom.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 22, 2017

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know, I like that DeVoe is using the system against Barry, rather than just straight up fighting him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Guy Goodbody posted:

Barry thinks of Joe as his dad, Joe thinks of Barry as his son. And in the first season, Iris thought of Barry as her brother.

Then Barry started watching Game of Thrones.

Oh no Jon snows dead...oh wait he's back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Did they ever remove the random ballcap from Static Shock? They might as well given him a skateboard with that thing to fit all the black superhero stereotypes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

Dwayne McDuffie had something to say about that

Yea, this is one of the best commentaries about newer black superheroes. I'm afraid that Jon Stewart or Black Panther were considered to get a skateboard at one point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I honestly thought DeVoe's plan was to steal Barry's body, but now he's got a new body, so who knows?

It's also weird we only saw a tiny bit of Barry's defense, so it made it look like he wasn't being defended at all. Iris should have just decked Mrs DeVoe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Okay I have some very shocking news for everyone in this thread.

Actors are real people and they age in real time, just like all of us.

Lies, Alfie Woodard has not aged a day since the late 80s.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

And together they produced the best drat scene in all of Star Trek.

drat straight.

BLOW UP THE drat SHIP!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And to think there are still people pissed off Sackoff didn't get chosen to be Captain Marvel. I did like her as Starbuck when she was cocky ace pilot, but later on when poo poo got all metaphysical it showed her weakness.

Chokes McGee posted:

Q: are we not men
A: we are devoe

Brilliant.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume he also sucked out the Warden's knowlage as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like to think that Devoe inhabited Hazard because she was the one that was repentant and it would hurt Barry the most. Devoe has gone full on rear end in a top hat evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Devoe is basically a guy in an online game using tons of cheats and bragging about how awesome they are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh of course Devoe likes classical music, because he's a super smart guy, and they all just like classical.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's more a lazy cliche for super smart people who only enjoy fancy stuff like Opera and Classical Music. Writers who aren't very smart have this weird idea about what smart people are like. I mean the flipside is the genius watches cartoons and listens to heavy metal, but is probably obnoxiously immature.

I mean it also makes sense from a save money point of view because you can get pretty much any classical music for very cheap. For years it was used because you could get Russian recordings of stuff for free becuase before the USSR fell there was zero copyright law covering anything from there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiggum posted:

Wouldn't mind? The main antagonist has been dragging this show down since season two. Just like it eventually does every show like this. Arrow. Supernatural. Buffy. They do the big bad thing well once, twice, maybe three times if they're really lucky and then they just keep doing it forever even though it isn't working any more.

I feel like this has become the model for this kind of tv show. There's always minor bad guys at the start, but that leads into a bigger one, who beats the team at every turn until they figure out the one weird trick that will defeat them. Though I don't remember them always being so cryptic. You have some idea fairly early on at their big plan, DeVoe is keeping secrets for the sake of it. Normally that is limited to the heroes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xealot posted:

The Speedforce is also a Speedplace. It has a Speedburger location at Fast Ave & Speedmore.

Fastburger is way better though.

Its amazing how much better the show can be without being forced into the season arc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XboxPants posted:

Aren't they hinting they're still gonna do this? When Cait and whoever were talking in Jitters and got interrupted by Barry's daughter, the thing Caitlin was saying is that for the first time, she actually started to remembere some of the things she was doing as Frost.

That episode did also have KF express concern for Caitlin's safety, so yea, there could be something moving there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Invalid Validation posted:

Cause Wally left to go meditate. Barry needs to integrated Wells’ smart hat into his costume.

Wally went to a better place, Legends of to Tomorrow!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wally is better off with Zari anyways.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If you have the chance to kill Hitler, you kill Hitler. It is the moral choice.

Iris has the right idea, she would have shot DeVoes wife dead as poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet DeVoe is going to create another dark matter explosion, to create more metas he can drain for powers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm just watching it now, but Devoe's new look is Jordan Peterson isn't it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I mean he looks the same as he did at the start of the season when he was in the wheelchair

he looks like he's got a different haircut, didn't he have a longish crazy professer look early on, and now its more of a high and tight kind of thing that just makes me think of Peterson.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Slamhound posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this.

LIke that's what I think of when I think Evil Professor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, like, we're supposed to feel sorry for DeVoe and his wife based on those flashbacks? Seriously, its pretty obvious he thinks of her as a possession not as a partner.

And DeVoe is just "Darn kids and their internets and cellphones! Lets return humanity to living in mud and poo poo!"

Best thing about this episode is Wally sending them a gift via Legends.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 2, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

That episode actually made me like Devoe's wife a bit more right up until the point where's like "the bad guys I was trying to help refuges of did a monstrous thing so now I totally want to lobotomize the world." That seemed like a stark turn from the person in the rest of the episodes.

Yea, and how was that the fault of technology? Strong people have been preying on the weak since time began, its not going to be stop because everyones Int has been halved.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There has to be a scene where all the faces of the poeple DeVoe absorbed are manifesting on his body.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would not be surprised if DeVoe is so arrogant he won't change his appearance when he goes out.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god DeVoe, SHUT THE gently caress UP.

He's literally "dern kids these days with their music and their phones!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Because nobody ever killed each other for petty greed when all we had were sharp sticks.

Yea, this plan is really dumb, so therefor the writers are dumb. So he is Jordan Peterson.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

8one6 posted:

My name is Clifford DeVoe and I am the most tedious villain alive.
To the outside world I'm that smug professor who announces at the beginning of the semester that no one will be earning an 'A' and you'll have to work hard to earn a 'B', but secretly with the help of my wife I've managed to turn a once fun Superhero show on the CW into an absolute slog, with plots that feel wasted, and making an already poorly written Team Flash looking even dumber than the previous two seasons, and complaining about those drat millennials with their phones.
I am... The Thinker!

And I'm soooo much smarter than anyone else. How do you know that? I like Classical Music, which is only enjoyed by smart people!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mcbexx posted:

I kinda want to double down on my prediction of Cecile being key to taking down DeVoe by creating a mindreading feedback loop.

I really want this as an emot.

But yea that would be fantastic. Maybe she could broadcast Pizza Bros thoughts to DeVoe.