Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mooseontheloose posted:

Honestly, that makes me want Flash to kick his rear end even harder.

DeVoe is fighting the Dragon of Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mortanis posted:

Whatever else the season floundered on, it made Barry a little less moody from previous seasons AND it gave us Drunk Barry.

I'm daaaaa Flash!

They made LoT embrace the cheese and camp. Why does THIS show have to try and be so serious all the time? It nails it when it's not so full of itself.

Which is weird because The Flash should be the fun one. It can have its serious moments, but for the moment The Flash should be the guy who's always upbeat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

...! posted:

Oh and I like Katee Sackhoff a lot but Minerette (spelling?) was even worse than DeVoe. Even worse than Dr. Alchemy.

Gonna marathon Arrow soon; hopefully it's not as bad as the last couple of seasons.

Flash looks like...I dunno, the Expanse in comparison to Arrow this season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I also had a mushroom cut like that. But I'm older than Grant Gustin so mine was more of an Oasis/britpop cut.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

We said the same thing about the Thinker.

If Thinker was Jordan Peterson, will Cicada be like Ben Shaprio?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
EDIT: Double post

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So I was trying to remember who Norah was, then I remembered she was in Black Sails. Then I felt dirty because she was totally naked in that.

Digny figuring out the Manyverse was fantastic. Poor guy.

Man we got the Suit Ring! Also once Norah came clean and they realized why she was there, that really got me.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 10, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's not hard to imagine that Iris probably withdrew after Barry vanished. That can change the relationship between mother and daughter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Have they always had a Starlabsbucks?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TwoPair posted:

Legends would give Caitlin an unlimited supply of boyfriends that she could unwittingly lead to their deaths.

That's why it would give her a girlfriend and they'd survive.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So the implication is Cicada's mask is the item fused with dark energy?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how they're letting Ralph do some of the grosser stuff that Elongated man does. I just need to see him stretch an eyeball to see around a corner.

And I know it was probably Spider-Man, but stretching herself is how Ms Marvel travels around.

One problem with the Dad hunt by Caitlin and friends is that he seemed to assume she'd know a guy that can see the past and future.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nine-gear crow posted:

Lately I've tried to give Flash the same benefit of the doubt that I give Legends, because for shows that involve time travel this much, neither of them are capable of thinking 4-dimensionally, to an almost charming degree.

Yea, I don't really have a problem with it, but its kinda glaring. Like if the messages could be revealed only by extreme cold or something, that would makes sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could imagine Nora (wait there are currently 3 Nora's in the Arrowverse, Nora Darkh, Nora Allen the dead mom and Nora Allen the daughter from the future) acts like that because she was treated like a child by Iris, and because of that was emotionally stunted.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh I wanna see Sisko go full on Tony Montana from the last act of Scarface. But I also want too see Braniac and regular Sisko work on a problem together.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Your spelling confused the poo poo out of me as Avery Brooks isn't in this show.

Cisco

My phone kept autocorrecting Cisco to Sisko and I just gave up fighting it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I knew as soon as Kyle Secor was her dad, I knew he was going to be evil. I mean not that the show wouldn't have done that no matter who the actor was, but Bayliss always is the villain these days.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Selachian posted:

Ah yes, another person for whom Kyle Secor will always and forever be Bayliss.

He was always our favorite character on Homicide.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Maybe if he'd gotten his beer and cookies without being hassled he wouldn't have gone evil.

Naw, it was Emma Zool that broke his heart that send him on a path of evil.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

That's a fairly deep cut but I do vaguely remember that one.

I'd say Pembleton's stroke damaged him a bit as well.

The actor who played Emma Zool, Lauren Tom, does the Voice of Amy Wong on Futurama.

Has Secor been on Brooklyn 99 yet?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

graham cracker posted:

Dr. Fahrenhate?

Is he going to make a supersonic man out of you?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Sounds like the Doctor is the one who's fault Cicada is out murdering people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

That's been her character every time she appears basically.

Before it just seemed like she was being an enabler, but we know now she was the one that put killing metas into his head. You know the worst thing? Its going to turn out Star Labs is going to heal that guys Niece.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man I am so excited for this crossover. Though I really hope the Supergirl supporting cast gets to join in. The last two they've been sidelined. I really want Brainy to meet Sisco.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Avalerion posted:

Was the book guy at the end anyone from canon?

He's the Monitor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

OB_Juan posted:

Barry really should call the Legends in to help with time travel problems. They're WAY better at it than he is.

He's probably #1 on the Time Bureau's Time Criminal Most Wanted.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh that was so enjoyable. Amell actually being happy for an episode was great to see, and his reactions to everything was great.

And Gustin as well; "wait do I need help to put this on?".

Kara Impersonating Green Arrow, wonderful! I got a little too excited when they started talking about red light, because god drat I want some Red Lanterns in media.

The only really bad thing was that i can't just watch the other 2 parts right now!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I loved that they used the intro to Smallville in the establishing shot of Earth 38.

Tomorrow night we get the real meat with JWS Flash and the others?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's a weird world where a Justice League movie and a Star Wars movie flat-out bomb within months of each other and then a Venom solo movie becomes one of the most popular new movies of the year.

I was going to say that The Last Jedi still made a ton of money, but then I realized you were talking about Solo. That's sad because I really enjoyed Solo, but i'd forgotten it.

I like that Lois was going to hit Barry and Ollie with the hammer rather than calling out for help. Though a small nitpick that Kara and Clark shouldn't be metas, they're aliens, this is their natural state.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Burning_Monk posted:

So who is the "greater threat" the Monitor is scared of?

Most likely the Anti Monitor, but I'd love it if it was someone else.

Kara changes her status from Low Key Lesbian Relationship with Lena Luther ended to now in a Low Key Lesbian Relationship with Batwoman.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Considering how much Batman stuff that was thrown around in this, I doubt they'd be too sheepish about having a Batwoman show having Batman's rogues. Maybe not start it off with The Joker, but having Poison Ivy be a season 1 villain wouldn't be too surprising.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

They'll never be allowed to use the Joker. Gotham has pretty much every Batman villain under the sun but even they aren't allowed to have the actual factual Joker. They're allowed to have a character that approaches the Joker but have to stop before the actually reach "Joker."

I'm just using the Joker as an example of top tier Batman Villain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know who I want to see? Doctor Fate. Come on, we could use some good Wizards.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So Nora clearly got her mothers looks and her fathers brains.

"Why are you reading Mick's book?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Those who have watched Titans, is Starfire's language the same as Nora's?

And yea they should have moved on from Cicada before the xmas break, and now dealing with something involving Nora being terrible.

Lol at the cop we've never seen before getting focused on is the traitor.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 24, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

nooneofconsequence posted:

Cop was the bomber at the baseball game, no?

Was he? I barely remember the earlier parts of this season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can't ever watch Rent again after seeing Lindsey Ellis dissect why its garbage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It might just me be, but did the Cicada in Grace's head look like a woman?

Red Death is actually just Barry.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xelkelvos posted:

I think it's implied that future Cicada is Grace continuing her uncle's work.

Yea and it would make the Headmate one being Future Grace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Last Stand had guys with guns that shot the mutant cure. Like ya, they were using it to go after Magneto and his army, but that was pretty much them saying "we're just gonna shoot mutants with the cure, no matter what".