Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
This is one of the shows I caught up on in the pandemic after dropping it due to the Savitar season. Season 6 and this season seem to have bounced this show back. Glad this season looks like it could be fun.

Also, use of the Flash Gordon theme in season 6 was an all time epic moment on this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Somebody really needs to let team Flash know the multiverse is still out there.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Not sure if it's been spoiled here yet, but here's some set photos of a spoiler character whose suit fits him much better than poor Wally's did and, if we're being honest, looks better than the current Barry's :sweatdrop:

I knew one of the people in the photo was going to show up but not the other. Excited for that episode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Last season gave me hope the show was turning around. Then this season happened.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I don't understand what the point of the family stuff is. I can't wait for this plot to end.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

It technically is in that it takes place in the multiverse as seen at the end of Crisis.

True but then technically every live action DC thing is in.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Maybe one of the Arrowverse heroes should be looking for Batman.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They cast an actor for Batman because they did Hush on Batwoman but Ruby Rose quitting kind of short circuited that story arc.

I saw those episodes. I'm glad the crossover with that show was canceled. Batwoman is awful, I don't understand how it is getting a third season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

oh jay posted:

ehhh..... Batwoman has the excuse of finding its footing amidst losing its lead. What's Flash's excuse?

Batwoman might have half a good episode between two seasons. This season of Flash is better than either season of Batwoman. It isn’t a good season of Flash.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 7, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

itunes season pass just skipped episode 15 and never put it up.

edit:

if anyone else has this problem, chatting with iTunes customer support led to being able to watch the missing episode.

edit 2:
I always laugh at the different ways they try to hide that Allegra is so much shorter than the rest of the cast.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 7, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I watched the newest episode. They added a lot of green to Diggle's outfit.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That episode was so bad it is hard to talk about what was wrong with it. I don’t know if I’ll be back for next season. They should put this show out of its misery and cancel it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

happyhippy posted:

Is there some site or list anywhere that has what order should I watch Arrow/Flash/Supergirl/Crisis/whatever?
Sort of watched a season of one, two seasons of the other, and want to watch them in some sort of order that makes sense.

Just try to go by airdate if you really want to go that route.
Each season's start/end date is here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arrowverse#Television_series

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Checks out. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Black Lightning all started to spin out of control after Season 3. Batwoman's first real season is going to be this one coming up because its first two years amounted to Season 0 and Season 0.5, so its three good seasons are still potentially ahead of it. Superman and Lois is still in Season 1 and really good. And Legends is Legends.

lmao if you watched the first two seasons of Batwoman and think it has a chance at 3 good seasons. I wish I could be that hopeful about the show.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Gonna be real, I stopped watching Batwoman after Crisis but kept reading the thread, and it seemed like it was pulling its poo poo together near the end of Season 2 after it finished digging itself out of Season 1's debris, so who knows?

imo Batwoman season 2 easily has the best moments in the series. One scene was awesome. There was one, maybe two good episodes in the season. The lead change was good for the show. I want to believe it can turn around but next season I'm going to read impressions instead of watching it as it airs. They should never have revealed a batmobile instead of what they went with.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There is a chance Flash may be ending this season despite previous reports.

https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-8b-preview/
"Since the show hasn't been renewed yet, are you writing the finale as a season or series finale, or some kind of hybrid?

I have to do both. I've known what the ending was for a few years now. We're coming to the end of a three-year master plan that I've had with the show at seasons 6, 7, and 8. But the actual ending-ending, I have to write two endings, because I don't know what the future holds. I know what I'm hoping for. I'm very hopeful there is a season 9, but I have to make sure I have closure on all of the character arcs depending on which way it goes. But then I also have to film a tag or a teaser that potentially sets up another year. So it's a challenge, but it's one that we love doing as writers. It's made it even more interesting and more intense, but I think it's going to be worth it."

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

"Patton and Panabaker are believed to be in negotiations to return. Martin had not been approached to come back"

What? They didn't even approach him about staying on as a regular?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

https://deadline.com/2022/08/the-flash-end-season-9-the-cw-final-episode-count-rgrant-gustin-1235082436/
Officially announced that season 9 will be its last. They're also just doing 13 episodes which should hopefully cut down on some of the bloat.

For some reason I thought they’d already announced the next season would be the last and have a shortened order.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

Honestly excited to see if they can wring a decent final season out of this dead, dead tree.

Arrow practically ran on fumes after season five, but the final season was a surreal joyride through the series' greatest hits. It definitely got lost in the shuffle so it could serve as a prologue for the Crisis on Infinite earths launch-pad.

I doubt it will happen but it would be cool if they dedicated one of the episodes to rescuing the Legends.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Narcissus1916 posted:

What's the verdict on Stargirl? Worth watching?

Stargirl is worth watching. Not as great as Superman and Lois but still good. Stargirl season 1 is better than season 2. S2 is a bit of a drop off but overall still enjoyable.

I was sad that it moved from DC Universe to CW instead of HBO Max.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 2, 2022

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Just found out Dr. Wells is gonna be hosting a game show on GSN, hope they eventually have a celebrity episode with the Flash cast.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/tom-cavanagh-host-hey-yahoo-game-show-network-1235305261/

Flash really never felt right without him and Cisco.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Well that was another waste of an episode. Nia was always the most boring character on Supergirl, I really didn’t need to see them again or have an episode of the flash wasted on a catchup of what they were doing that had no real bearing on the Flash or even any particular relevance to the show Nia was a part of.

I have to say this is a very strange way to be going about your final, reduced episode season. You’d think there would be a greater sense of urgency.

I originally thought this season would be fully focused on being the Arrowverse/Flash finale. Lol that it isn't.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I don't understand what they were thinking with the Khione plot.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

How will they mess up Oliver's return episode?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Kind of crazy Arrowverse dies this week.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I never watched them but I was under the impression that the later season of Batwoman were "good*", in that Javicia Leslie was a phenomenal improvement as Batwoman and as a show lead over Ruby Rose but the show just kind signed its own narrative death warrant by refusing to recast Kate Kane right up front.

I wouldn’t call it good as much as improving from awful to kind of mediocre. It was def much more watchable in the final season but I could never recommend anyone spend their time watching any episode of Batwoman.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

They really botched this season. I don’t understand why they went with any of the plots. Should have closed out Arrowverse shows properly. Lol at not being able to get Cisco back.

RIP Arrowverse. You are dead bc Covid caused Superman and Lois to be their own universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

A Fancy Hat posted:

There was an interview where it was explained that it absolutely could not have happened, he’s filming something else and I’m guessing Covid protocols and filming schedules made it outright impossible to overlap. I would have loved a little video screen message or something, it feels like they could have at least done that and avoided any kind of issues.

Meh finale overall. Chillblaine sucks so bad, I was hoping Zoom would kill him just for the shock value.

The interview was it couldn’t happen for the last episode. I’m shocked they didn’t figure that out earlier and either schedule him for an earlier episode or film a short zoom video message.