Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I ditched on last season around... ugh I don't even remember. This season seems a lot better so far. Here's hoping Barry keeps this 'edge of madness' thing up, it's way better than generically moody.

Barry was experiencing his whole timeline at once, right? We all read that the same way?

When the Samuroid said 'Welcome back Flash', I figured that was this season's Wells making his entrance, but I guess not. Is season two Wells still safely on Earth 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Wally's getting written to the level of occasional relevance that he would be on his way to Legends of Tomorrow, but he's probably too competent.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tiggum posted:

Remember that time he stepped in front of a truck to try to get super powers?

I know what I said, and stand by it.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Tiggum posted:

Except that wouldn't work as an alibi because the Flash could easily have committed the crime without anyone noticing. In fact it makes the situation worse because it explains how he was able to get Devoe to his house.

Although, that could bring up the "If I'm the Flash, and I wanted to kill a guy, a) a knife, really? and b) not dumping his body in the middle of the ocean, really?" defense.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I'm really hoping that the reason we haven't heard much from DeVoe is that he's been scrambling to figure out what to do.

Like, Barry beating the wrap was a given, and his plans are all messed up without him being out and around.

Maybe the psychic mom powers are his new way of bugging the team, and see what Barry's REAL plan is.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
:flashfact: I will only leave prison when you guys can get me out legally.

:v: We committed mega-perjury, Ralph faked being DeVoe in front of his theoretical widow, and Cecile should be disbarred if not imprisoned.

:flashfact: Sounds good man. GO TEAM FLASH!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

howe_sam posted:

But it's not like DeVoe is actually dead, so technically Ralph wasn't lying :flashfact:

Ralph's not DeVoe, so, he was certainly lying.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
If I were Barry, I would enact a three part plan to defeat DeVoe:

1) Sponsor weekly block parties in randomly selected parts of town, one of which happens to be on the DeVoes' street.
2) Send a message to the Time Idiots: "Hey guys, there's a super-intelligent mad scientist stealing powers and minds in Central City, 2018. I've totally got this. Probably a good idea to stay away from him and his hot wife!"
3) Focus super hard on other super-heroics, maybe try and catch Amunet.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I was surprised Iris didn't end up with the fire powers.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

FactsAreUseless posted:

Watching Legends of Tomorrow season 3, it's weird that Barry never comes up in conversation. There's an entire organization just dedicated to protecting time, how are there not huge posters of Barry Allen up everywhere like "DON'T BE THIS rear end in a top hat."

They probably do, it's just under the same poster, but the Legends.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe they'll get the ghost of OG Laurel, and cram it into one of the copious alt-Laurels. Then leave it vague as to whether or not it actually worked, then nobody really trusts her, then she ends up on the Waverider, where it really doesn't matter which timeline she's from, they'll probably mess it up (possibly for the better).

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Wheat Loaf posted:

Alternatively, Darkseid shows up and he's working for Diaz.

Show of the year 2018, right here.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

bbf2 posted:

This show seriously reeks of the fact that they are hampered, story-wise, by the fact that they want to keep the band together and keep paying all the actors involved. So we keep getting completely useless storylines for Caitlin that serve no purpose, and we keep getting new versions of Wells just to keep Cavanaugh on the payroll because we like him. And that's fine, and even commendable to a certain degree, all I'm saying is that it could have been handled better. If you were really desperate to keep Cavanaugh on your staff it would have been better to keep him on as Harry-2 and abandon or fix the storyline where he went away because radiation from space made him dumb. Instead he has to leave and then all the sudden "OK here's a Harrison Well from a bad SNL parody sketch!"

So put a Wells and Caitlin on Legends. I suspect Caitlin would be FANTASTIC there.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Legends needs the other shows around it to work as well as it does.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Barry really should call the Legends in to help with time travel problems. They're WAY better at it than he is.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Consider the amount of time the Legends spend time travelling vs the amount of time Barry does, and the total outcome.

And, when the Legends to it, they're going to places in time that are already messed up, and "fixing" them. Barry's making GBS threads up perfectly good timestream.

To be fair, the Legends did brake most of what they "fix", but they're STILL surfing the fuckup tsunami that was Rip Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Davros1 posted:

But neither of them should realize it until the finale. The Legends keep showing up where time is screwed up, and but the villain is gone. Each ep they discover a clue that keeps getting them closer and closer, until the finale where they end up in STAR labs.

"Goddammit Barry!" says Sara.

then Mick punches him.

This should be the midseason crossover event next year.

Legends of Goddamnit Barry!