Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I know superhero science is extremely low hanging fruit, but I laughed hard at today's technobabble:

"This code looks like a virus."
"Well yeah."
"No no no" *mashes keys, code turns into DNA strand "I mean an organic virus"

"His powers are derived from the binary code in his DNA; use this dart, it will flip all the 1s into 0s and 0s into 1s."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I just saw this and now I want this to be the next crossover event

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Can they beat him by randomly generating a plan with dice the same way the writers do

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Do these sponsored scenes come across like they're actually part of the episode, or are there jarring cuts, with repeats across weeks?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Actually, thanks to the ambient speedforce left by Barry, the radiation particles hyperaccelerated into a quantum state and disappeared the moment Fallout "collapsed", so they're all safe.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I want De Voe's plan to live up to the way he's hyping it up to be, and actually be incomprehensible to everyone because of how many dimensions higher he's thinking.

"My ultimate plan is to steal 8 penguins from a zoo, then make sure they're in a plane bound for New Zealand at exactly the moment Mars and Earth align with the sun. Then I will stab a football coach and use his blood to write a crossword puzzle. This will ultimately solve climate change and lead directly to a cure for cancer."

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Laterite posted:

Can we just have an Elongated Man show instead?

Such a show would be a detective show, and I think a weekly mystery detective show would be one of the last things I would entrust to the hands of these writers.

(I will be proven wrong when the show debuts and is awesome, then proven right when it hits season 2)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

De Voe is gonna possess Barry but he will be defeated by Barry THINKING faster. The new status quo in season 5 will be that Barry is constantly trying to outthink the Thinker that's still inside him.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh yeah, that much was a given. The key to defeating DeVoe is 100% hinged around whatever the hell THIS HOUSE IS BITCHIN really means.

I'm telling y'all it's gonna be what De Voe exclaims about his new "house" aka Barry's body (or possibly Barry's actual house, which he visits as Barry). Unlike everyone else, however, Barry's neurons, aka "soul", will still be alive because they're constantly outrunning the De Voe neurons chasing him inside his head. In the end he will defeat De Voe by simply thinking faster, possibly accompanied with an Eternal Sunshine-esque hold-on-to-your-memories sequence.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

My guess is that she'll join up with Team Flash an episode or two before the finale, after DeVoe misses giving her a dose of the love-drug tears he's using to keep her from turning on him. She'll reveal some exploitable Death-Star-exhaust-port style weak-point in the tech she built for DeVoe, and they'll use that against him. Cisco will make that exact Star Wars reference, possibly with "woosh" noises as he mimes an X-Wing. The plan won't work, because [reasons] and then the rest will play out your way.

Ooh ooh, and when she takes Team Flash on a tour of the secret lab, Cisco exclaims "this house is bitchin".

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

teamcharlie posted:

Nerd question: maybe I missed it, but did somebody in this episode explain how the gently caress the device was starting a fission reaction with deuterium?

Do we have to post that image again

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

So when Barry searches through a million paper files in a second, is he actually experiencing weeks of boredom? Can't zone out there! I already know the answer and it rhymes with weedhorse

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I knew Devoe's plan would turn out to be stupid but I didn't think it would turn out to literally be stupid. I guess he outthank me again!

TwoPair posted:

Barry and Iris are dancing after Devoe is defeated and she shows up to play Earth Angel on guitar.

I hope her story never gets explained onscreen and she just keeps doing small things that imply she's trying to Marty McFly Barry and Iris with stuff like that happening entirely in the background.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

hot take: legends is the best of the bunch by a wide margin

I think you'll find that close to zero people here think this is a hot take

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Now you've done it now he's gonna go back in time to prevent us from learning about it and in doing so cause Trump to become president

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Legends should do an ep where they make a change to the timeline, but have it stick past the end, and then reflect that in all the shows; like, suddenly Barry and Ollie suddenly start referencing Beebo the way someone might normally reference Jesus, and then have Kara think it's just a weird Earth-1 meme next time she visits. It would be kind of like the Hollywoo joke in Bojack.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Vietnamwees posted:

Idea for the new Flash thread title:

The Flash S5-That's so SHWAY!

It's shwarbage.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

He better have 90s Flash special effects.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Put Cisco on the Waverider and make season 5 the Sliders season that I keep saying they should do.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

hahaah I flipped out when Ragdoll appeared in the preview, my wife gave me the funniest look

Ahahah, only the second time this month that guy's played a psycho contortionist clown.

Argue fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 31, 2018

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I hope it gradually becomes clear that the future as seen on The Flash is inexplicably or speed forcibly shown to be vastly different from the future as seen on Arrow from the future as seen on Legends.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I thought from the synopsis that the others might be magically mindblocked by Dee from understanding that there was a (sort-of) body swap, a la Glory and Ben from Buffy, but hahaha nope, Team Flash is really just so stupid that not only can't they accept a body swap as being possible, but almost immediately decide it's a psychosis after literally handwaving away other explanations.

On the other hand, Tiny Superman is great, I want more of him and Lois, and I propose we stop calling him Tiny Superman and instead start calling Cavill Oversized Superman, because clearly Hoechlin fits the role better.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

.... Roswell is back?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Xelkelvos posted:

Evil speedster, but this time, they're also Batman.

I think they've basically thrown out the 52 Earths concept as they've literally done nothing interesting with it so gently caress it. It also started in Flash anyways, so for them to scope creep it further out for reasons is fine. It's dumb, but it's fine. This makes me optimistic for a possible Legends Season where they're hopping through the Multiverse and not just time.

It's funny because they threw out 52 earths as a concept as soon as they introduced it. 2017's crossover had them introduce the notion that there were 52 earths (how Kara even knew this, we don't know) then immediately followed up in the very next line of dialog with the reveal that actually... there are 53! As though that number would have more of an impact than 52.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

8one6 posted:

So Thawne is as dangerous as he is because he's the only person exposed to speedforce who's not been turned into a moron.

He was defeated by the Legends

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Barry Allen Wells, he'll be from an earth where he's a speedster named Barry Allen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

You know that a superhero show is gonna be doubly bad when its trailer opens with philosophical narration from Mohinder.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The five part crossover only airs three of its eps this year. It continues when the midseason shows come in.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

poo poo, I forgot Flash Gideon uses a different actress to Time Idiots Gideon. No, the voice of Siri in the UK is Amy Louise Pemberton, who voices Gideon on Legends of Tomorrow. So the gag would have to be done on that show.

Can you give me a link? I can't find anything about this, and searching for the Siri actor just gives me a bunch of names that aren't her.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Wait... "John Loring"?
:ughh: and also lol

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Will Barry have to worry about friction burns now?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Hartley was sorta reformed after his first appearance IIRC, then in this last episode with him they explained the timeline change that turned him bitter and kept him on the dark side until now.

Hartley Sawyer, who plays Elongated Man. Not Hartley Rathaway, the Pied Piper :v:

Now that you mention it though, that guy sure got the shaft after it looked like he'd be putting in more regular appearances.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

Too late. They’ve already established that supernatural is a TV show in the Arrowverse.

Good news, there was an episode where Sam and Dean find themselves in the bodies of their actors in a world where Supernatural is a TV show... so a crossover is totally not out of the question and is 100% going to happen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

I don't care how we do it, we're adding Jane the Virgin to the Arrowverse.

Rogelio and Michael are the perfect new bro team to put on the Legends, although Rogelio might be a bit too redundant with Zari 2 around.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

howe_sam posted:

So this is interesting,
https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-flash-5-season-8-premiere-event-will-crossover-riverdale-season-6-the-cw-fall-2021-1234763878
they're going to start season 8 off with five crossover type episodes to spice up what looks like a shortened fall season. No word yet on which characters are coming over to play, but I'm guessing Batwoman, Superman, and maybe a Legend or two?

The URL made me more excited than the actual news.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Tiggum posted:

I mean, you can say "this machine turns all triangular squares into circles" but it doesn't mean anything. No matter how you do it, it doesn't make any kind of sense to do things simultaneously at different times.

Please refer back to the first season finale of Legends of Tomorrow, where the only way to defeat Vandal Savage was to kill him in three different time periods simultaneously.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ahaha https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoBestFriendsPlay/comments/rs0qmd/the_people_responsible_for_the_brazilian_dub_of/

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

She should talk to him in the hall about it

I'm not up to date on SA Flash memes since I stopped watching a while back; please tell me this is referring to something dumb like Dexter's black SUV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

GreenNight posted:

I read from the showrunner where he said there wasnt enough time this season to do the Legends like he wanted to.

He said there wasn't enough time to give the Legends a two-parter. But they're showing up. I don't really have faith in the Flash team to give the Legends a good send-off though!