Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
So um...drunk Barry? Best Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

"No body move, I'm a cop!"
"I'm the FLAAAASH!!!"

Best Barry.

"Guys why didn't Rose make room for Jack on the doooooooor" :cry:

loving great.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Ralph Dibny may actually be the best non-Harrison Wells thing this show has ever done. He's the perfect foil to Barry and Cisco.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Give Thawne and Darhke their own show.

They already paired them together in S2 of Legends of Tomorrow, along with Malcolm Merlyn.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

This crossover just made me really want more JLU.

God I love JLU.

This. That series should have lasted longer. Christ, we got a whole episode about Booster Gold, goddamnit.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

This crossover was pretty light on Barry in general, outside the wedding, which I appreciated. Barry loving sucks.

They should have given us Drunk Barry for four episodes.

Thawne: "We will lay waste to this earth and purge the weak!"

Barry: "I'M DA FLAAAAAAAAAASH!!!!"

Plus, they missed a huge opportunity to include Ralph Dibny and his lovely costume :colbert:

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 30, 2017

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Balon posted:

To add to this as well - Barry’s alarm was on! Did Barry get this disabled man in to his apartment, murder him, THEN turn off his alarm system? Did he think DeVoe broke in to his apartment and murdered him?

This whole “framed for murder” bit is so flimsy!!

Yeah, it feels like DeVoe really didn't think it through. Waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too many inconsistencies.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Davros1 posted:

It's been established since the beginning that Barry's body is in a state of constant cellular regeneration. So I think that could overcome the deterioration that Devoe's increased intelligence causes.

Did anyone notice at the end, that Devoe/Brainstorm was already limping as he got into the car?

This.

And I bet that the penultimate episode will feature DeVoe getting control of Barry's body, wherein Iris will have to go I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE BARRY COME BACK TO ME to get him back in the finale.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Prairie Bus posted:

That was a frustratingly dumb episode of this show. It's never been an especially clever show, but good god drat was that dumb. My favorite part was the judge saying Barry was the worse criminal he's ever seen. Like, what? At worst, he's a one-time murderer who hired the worst attorney.

"You strike me as a particularly unfeeling and calculating man, Mr. Dufresne Allen. It chills my blood just to look at you."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

MiddleOne posted:

I'm just going to put it out there, Devoe kinda sucks.

He's managed to become the only villain more retarded than Barry.

I still cannot wrap my head around the end of "Don't Run". If Team Flash was willing to use Ralph to impersonate DeVoe in order to get Barry out of jail, what loving moral qualms could they possibly have had about letting Barry just grab DeVoe's corpse and put it somewhere else IN THE FIRST loving PLACE?

Cecile/Harry was funny though.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 28, 2018

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Koalas March posted:

They should just let Iris be the Flash from now on and let Barry be her love interest who doesn't get many storylines.

Then hand the show over to the Black Lightning showrunners.

Show improved 200%.

I was disappointed in Iris' costume because she didn't get a lightning bolt emblem on her chest the way literally every other speedster on the show does.

You can't be a proper speedster without a cool lightning bolt motif on the chest :colbert:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

hamsystem posted:

Ralph - Becomes a Legend

Yes. Unironically this. Put Ralph on the goddamn Waverider.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I'm not sure how well Iris' plan would work in reality.

:flashfact:"Hey this guy saw DaVoe on first and oak!"
:)"This guy saw DaVoe on eighth and main!"
:flashfact:"He can't hide now! Look someone sent a picture of DaVoe taken just now!"
:)"Wow that looks like someone's rear end in a top hat"
:flashfact:"Yep. Well maybe these other tips are serious."
:)"DaVoe was sighted on the bone train to bone town?"
:flashfact: ".....and theres a picture of someone's balls"

"No, you're lookin' at balls."

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Avalerion posted:

You’d think the police, army, nato etc would be getting involved at that point too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2gly0HUKas

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

If only Devoe had some way to change how his face looks then their plan wouldn't work...

No joke; I think thanks to this retarded storyline that DeVoe is literally just not changing his appearance.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Speedforce gonna deflect the dumb ray and make Barry the smartest man on Earth by default, Devoe will never see it coming

DeVoe: How did you do that? I mean, literally, how could you possibly have done that?

Barry: speedforce.gif

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Never did find out what those symbols Barry had written on the walls of the police station meant, did we?

"Speed Force: I Ain't Gotta Explain poo poo"

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

TwoPair posted:

You hosed up then because last season (that is to say, season 5) was actually pretty good.

It's only good because Diaz wanted it that way.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

have you seen the music videos they've done? That cast seems to have a ton of fun on set.

The Wild Wild West one they did was just completely bonkers.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Green Arrow's new costume looks strangely uninspired :colbert:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

BobbyDrake posted:

https://twitter.com/stephenamell/status/1052227461650337792?s=21

So yeah, totally sold on the crossover now. Black suit Tiny Superman, Amell Barry Allen and Gustin Oliver Queen? Yep, I’m in.

Oh my God, this is going to be incredible. Liking Grant Gustin in black and green too.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

XboxPants posted:

Ugh, don't remind me of the Kid Flash costume. You want some neck crumple, get in line.

That isn't neck crumple. The neck of the suit is separate from the mask. Wally's suit is actually more similar in design to Thawne's than it is to Barry's.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I don't know. If our Oliver and our Barry have to pretend to be each other; and fill each other's shoes, that has arguably more entertainment potential than just a straight Gustin is Oliver and Amell is Allen setup.

Watching Barry pretend to be angry and brooding is a lot funnier than Barry actually being angry and brooding.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Ahahahaha watching this now and they even gave Barry the scars and the tattoos

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Need to have the same dude play Death as who played Death in Supernatural.

Julian Richings :eng101:

"Hello, Barry. Have some pizza."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
edit: nm, I have no idea what I'm talking about.