Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nooneofconsequence posted:

This villain is the best.

Seeing Sugar from YTV as a Flash villain (and one of the best ones so far, yeah) was great.

Now they just need to get PJ Fresh Phil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So, wait, when the plumber said “This house is...” and Joe interjected “Bitchin’?” was that the quote Barry was citing in the season premiere, or was Joe referencing Barry? Or is it some sort of moebius strip of bitchin’ houses? Was Joe there when they deciphered Barry’s writing?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Really irresponsible on the part of the church though. If a priest is allergic to cinnamon incense, don't keep any cinnamon incense. Even food allergies are issues for some foods that make dust easily (flour, peanuts for example), DO NOT USE ALLERGENS IN SMOKE.

Kevin brought his own incense. He’s a loving idiot, but he shows initiative.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love every single time they show Hazard’s photo. That clueless look on her face gets me every single time.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

FactsAreUseless posted:

”I forgot. The great Barry Allen doesn't kill."

What the gently caress, yes he does. All the time! You've watched him do it!

That’s why he forgot.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Guy A. Person posted:

it's the show that embraced the camp and just went whole hog with it.

I mean...it’s still dumb and bad in the same way that the other CW shows are at their worst. Worse, even. Much worse. It just lampshades it so hard that it’s almost impossible to hate.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Do we know they’re metal? Could they just be, like, rock? I don’t remember if they ever specify.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Loser_Rex posted:

So Barry not running from the cops is his way to gently caress up Devoe, right?

I liked an explanation I saw posted on Reddit, where him not running is basically him expressing his faith in Iris and the team’s ability to clear his name.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’d like it if DeVoe jumped into Barry’s body and found out that yes, actually, the Speed Force does literally make you stupid.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Goddammit, Christopher Chance, you’re supposed to be out there saving people with your sidekicks Rorschach and Cartoon Nick Fury, not prosecuting superheroes!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CaptainCaveman posted:

What did Wells say in response to "Is there anything you can't suck the fun out of"? I missed his line.

Leaf peeping.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bruceski posted:

Get Cecile to walk next to DeVoe and find OUT what his plan is.

Maybe that’s his plan! :tinfoil:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xealot posted:

At least Big Sir got his happy ending: becoming a fugitive from US law in a country where he doesn't blend and cannot speak the language.

It doesn’t matter, nobody there speaks any language.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, but the camera didn’t catch him, it caught his lightning, which always appears when he moves at super speed (except when it doesn’t, like when he plays prison pudding poker).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Or has a long conversation in the middle of a crowded courtroom

No, no, there actually was totally lightning that time, everyone just politely failed to notice it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bring back old gbs posted:

holy poo poo that is some gloriously bad casting

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I completely forgot that Iris was a journalist.

Was she, though? I mean...was she really?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

So I missed that part about the Cerebral Inhibitor failing, but they basically confirmed in this episode that either Savitar was just trolling them last year, or he was just so loving Barry Allen Stupid that he forgot that it actually didn't work, right?

Or, in the season finale, Harry’s crisis of confidence over his doodly-doo not deedly-deeing culminates in him realizing he forgot to take into account the bleebledy-blorp and he schmeckedy-shlorps the dingle-bopper and then his stupid thing works now for reasons.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I had a revelation today. Flash and Arrow et al are this generation’s Hercules and Xena.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

Also, how stupid do Barry and Ralph think people are? Showing up talking to Izzy in civilian clothes and then two guys who look exactly the same show up dressed in costumes.

superheroes.txt

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

Black Lightning suffers from the same problem. Jeff shows up somewhere and threatens a guy in his civvies, that doesn't work, so he comes back like 20 minutes later as Black Lightning and shocks the poo poo out of the dude, and nobody realizes it's him because he puts a pair of big sunglasses on and fucks with his voice a bit.

They call this out, though. Apparently he does something that makes his face literally hard to look at, like looking at the sun or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Barry getting subtly sweatier and more out of breath as the episode went on was a really brilliant touch, and added hugely to the sense of urgency and mounting desperation. How is this episode part of the same show? It’s like it’s from Earth-2, where The Flash is prestige TV.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mooseontheloose posted:

Did you watch the episode? I know its a bit techno-bable but they are moving so fast that the breach won't stay open/can't open fast enough.

Yeah, but the point is that Flash then proceeded to spend at the very least the better part of an hour within a single moment, during which Cisco couldn’t help specifically because they were moving too fast for his portal to form.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Just have to say I love the new thread title, for selfish reasons.

Can we change the other thread title to:

The Finer Arts › The TV IV › DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Wally's here!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Finer Arts › The TV IV › Breaking Bad: Oh, poo poo, Wrong Wally!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

In Young Avengers, Speed (who was the son of the Scarlet Witch) at one point has a job where he does super speed assembly of items. He tells another character that while it looks like he just did everything in two seconds it was two subjective weeks for him.

Is that the same character where they do a training exercise and when they’re done he suddenly has grey hairs and says he hasn’t eaten or slept in a month and that these training exercises are literally killing him?

Because that was messed up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that DeVoe's plan turned out to be so loving dumb. It can only ever be as intelligent as the people writing it, after all.

They really should just stick to affably idiotic like in Legends of Tomorrow.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That one Wells was 100% French-Canadian, beret and moustache be damned.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
It’ll be a three second shot of the back of her head with a Tara Strong voiceover.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nine-gear crow posted:

The accent is still dumb and spotty as poo poo though.

The accent is pretty accurate. It’s just that it’s French-Canadian. Which makes sense, since Cavanaugh spent a lot of his formative years in Quebec.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just have Joe lounging around in one of DeVoe's spare hoverchairs for the rest of the season.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Koalas Massacre posted:

https://twitter.com/candicepatton/status/1062165061504925696?s=19

The West Allen stans in her mentions are cracking me up 😂😂

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I was hoping it would be a matter of Oliver getting hit by lightning and Barry spending five years on a "deserted" island, not just body swapping.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’m further disappointed that Oliver seems aware that something’s wrong. I would have loved to see Stephen Amell play Grant Gustin.

If Barry is also aware something’s wrong and isn’t being full-on broody Oliver Queen, this will be an amazing opportunity completely wasted.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I liked Rag Doll’s aesthetic, but he was such a nothing character. I hope they delve a bit deeper if they bring him back.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Major Icehole.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

Barry doing time travel is like the inept use of a scalpel. The Time Idiots are expert use of a chainsaw

I mean...say what you will about Barry, he never broke time to the point of dinosaurs fighting Nazis in downtown Star City or whatever.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Or turned anyone into a cat through timeline fuckery.

We don’t know that has anything to do with timeline fuckery. It could be a coincidence.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The writers of Arrow need to let Oliver be happy more often because happy Stephen Amell is such a joy to watch.

I still really want him to do a crossover episode on Legends of Tomorrow.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

I missed maybe the first 10-20 minutes. Did they explain how Ivo Labs is a thing despite Ivo dying off the coast of Lian Yu?

Its full name is the Anthony Ivo Memorial Laboratory and Juice Bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The Court of Owls is very much in Gotham.