Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Hal Cooper continues to be the worst person in a show about predators, drug dealers, gangsters, mob bosses and literal serial killers. That's kind of impressive, actually.

He kept the possible inheritance a secret from his own daughter, just to prevent Alice from getting anything.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Their giant plan was a Prison!?!?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
One of my favourite things about the show is that Kevin's basically the healthiest and most well-rounded character as a consequence of the writers not knowing what to do with him. He's a reliable confidante to Betty because they need someone who hasn't met Chic, he's a talented wrestler and Archie's rival there because they don't want to use Reggie nearly enough, he has a great relationship with his dad because Sheriff Keller's screentime is usually used for crime/Sierra bits, and so on. He's come out to be a really enjoyable straight man to all the craziness that surrounds him.

Plus he got to say my new favourite deathly-serious-but-ludicrous phrase, "video gigolo."

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I didn't realize that some how there are still 6 episodes left in the season? At some point I'm predicting Chic getting cast out of the Cooper house is what kickstarts the return of the Black Hood.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shoehead posted:

I thought that was a pretty good reveal. Hiram Lodge is worse than a gangster. He's a fuckin' bureaucrat.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Shoehead posted:

As far as I can tell is actually a luxury private prison for all of Hiram's incarcerated rich friends to hang out in and basically still conduct business from.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
They said they wanted to turn Southside High into the prison, so I think it's for Jughead to get locked up in.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Shoehead posted:

Privatized for profit prisons are a borderline medieval horror show and no quaint little town wants one anywhere near them.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PriorMarcus posted:

As far as I can tell is actually a luxury private prison for all of Hiram's incarcerated rich friends to hang out in and basically still conduct business from.

I think it is this.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Privatized for profit prisons are a borderline medieval horror show and no quaint little town wants one anywhere near them.

Yes. This plan is just one step less evil than making that school a designated orphan hunting zone. Private for profit prisons are some of the most vile instiutions in America. Some workers in those hell holes literally talk about "maintaining the loyality of their customers."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 22, 2018

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
This was an enjoyable episode of American Horror Story: Riverdale

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

That scene in Goodfellas where Paulie's making pasta in prison, but it's Jughead grilling burgers on a wire-clothes-hanger-turned-bbq rack.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 22, 2018

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
On further reflection demolishing a school to build a for-profit prison is probably more American than apple pie

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao at this andy cohen cameo

e: is cheryl's story about to turn into ahs: asylum b/c if so i'm on board

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 22, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Incidentally, a Swiss boarding school is where Cherryl was introduced in the current iteration of the Archie comics.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
My mom was like "what's with the pigtails?" and I had to explain why it takes extreme visual cues to make the audience believe that Cheryl's actually vulnerable.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

That was a hosed up episode.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CottonWolf posted:

That was a hosed up episode.

This could apply to every episode.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Cheryl thought she was Hamlet but turns out she was Ophelia all along.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Molly Ringwald is the absolute best and Jughead is the absolute worst.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Shneak posted:

Molly Ringwald is the absolute best and Jughead is the absolute worst.

HOOOOOWWW DAAAAAARRRE YOOOOOOUUU!!!!!!!!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Shneak posted:

Jughead is the absolute worst.

thank gently caress I'm not the only person with this correct opinion

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

esperterra posted:

thank gently caress I'm not the only person with this correct opinion

How can it be correct when Archie’s still around?

Still, props to Riverdale for having the guts to make Archie Andrews an insufferable wangus. I have faith that they’re building to something awesome with it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Veronica's the one that I find the most flamingly immoral and unlikable of them all.

But Camila Mendez can act. And likeability has never been something this show was remotely interested in. So she's obviously great fun.

Cole Sprouse, on the other hand, is not a good actor. He's barely got two facial expressions.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Phylodox posted:

How can it be correct when Archie’s still around?

Still, props to Riverdale for having the guts to make Archie Andrews an insufferable wangus. I have faith that they’re building to something awesome with it.

I felt a feeling of relief when Archie once again became the most terrible person in this Archie show, because the handful of episodes this season where he was not the worst kind of backstabbing rear end in a top hat were weird and didn't feel right.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Archie's going to be misled by his newfound love of violence and his soft spot for Cheryl, and kill Penelope when he finds out she's been put in the asylum, and in season 3 he and Jughead will renew their friendship inside the prison

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Archie's gonna rule over the prison 'cos Andrews is an anagram of wardens. :tinfoil:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Uh... I have no idea what show you people been watchin, Betty has always been unflinchingly the wooooorst.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ynohtna posted:

Archie's gonna rule over the prison 'cos Andrews is an anagram of wardens. :tinfoil:

Sexy prison guard Archie manhandling twink prisoner Jughead is going to generate so much fan art.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The last minute of the episode has left me staring at my screen for like, ten goddamn minutes.

I was not expecting that.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Hearing a snippet of a Dance With The Dead in this episode was a trip. (Twice!)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I really hope Betty follows through on getting a serpent tattoo.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Kazinsal posted:

The last minute of the episode has left me staring at my screen for like, ten goddamn minutes.

I was not expecting that.

Apparently neither was Kevin if his facial expressions in the background where to be believed.

And...I'm sorry, Veronica's "stealth" gear. Jesus Christmas.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CobiWann posted:

And...I'm sorry, Veronica's "stealth" gear. Jesus Christmas.

“What did the intruder look like?”

“Look like?”

“Yes.”

“Like...in the face?”

“Yes, what did their face look like?”

:stare:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The gangsters are called Lenny and Karl?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Why is it on break again?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did anyone else cheer aloud when Cheryl and Toni kissed?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yes sir, I sure did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yes sir, I sure did.

Easily the healthiest relationship on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My fiance burst into tears. It destroyed her.

• Locked thread