Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

rapeface posted:

Never thought I'd not want to see Lili Reinhart do a striptease, but that was hard to watch.

Yeah, she cray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

Do you think she had something like Warrant's Cherry Pie coming up in the karaoke queue but felt she had to take one for the team when Veronica and Archie stormed off the stage?

The Serpents take their karaoke very seriously.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MrSargent posted:

I have moved on to the "acceptance" phase. This has lead to watching countless cast interviews...choose this path at your own peril.

But do you follow them on Instagram?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Jamesman posted:

The Duggler posted:

The Black Hood is no doubt Vic from the 5 second tree-selling sequence infront of Pop's makeout sequence with Cheryl's mom

Oh, that's who that was.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Goddamn is Cheryl's mom hot.

Cheryl was like "here, I got us a big check so you don't have to gently caress people for money" and she's like "I was married to your father for a long time, I'm getting a dicking while the getting is good."
She looks fantastic for someone who suffered severe burns, by the way.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

^burtle posted:

It is still cracking me up that Betty's Dad is basically an after thought, even to Betty. "The plot demands I go find my half brother and throw it in his face, feelings be damned!"

The only thing her dad knows how to do is be a terrible person and an rear end in a top hat. That's his job, I think.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

^burtle posted:

I'm not sure how exactly they'll explain it all away but I feel confident that the reveal will be that Chick is the half brother of both Jug and Betty. My guess is that getting pregnant is what causes Alice to give up the Serpent way of life, she met Hal and they fell in love and then he found out about the kid.

The problem is, they haven't done enough character work on Hal to make it feel like he's the kind of guy who would still stick with her after having FP's kid, so it will probably be a confession from Alice that will then be immediately glossed over with the reveal that Chick is the Black Hood.

Chick is to spindly to be the Black Hood.

It's pretty obvious that Chick is FP's kid.

Cheryl's mom... that sure is a thing.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Shoehead posted:

If it turns out that the guy who shot Archie's dad is being blackmailed into murder by a twink camboy criminal mastermind I will lose my poo poo.

:same:

I'd be happy to be wrong if this is what they are building up to.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

discworld is all I read posted:

Yeah, this show seriously has things turned up to 11 constantly. It's difficult to remember Archie and Jug having to transport arcane drugs to the neighboring town while hitching a ride with the Candyman while dealing with a murderer now that it's all poutine mafiso's getting executed and cam twinks and Native American land rights and Donnie Brasco Archie getting in too deep. I'm a bit bummed cause I don't think whatever Hiram Lodge is planning is going to be that jaw-dropping considering all the other poo poo that's been going on. He's just buying up a bunch of land to do something?

He's going to build an amusement park. Mark my words.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Kazinsal posted:

This show is off the god damned rails and I love it.

Some really good shot framing in this episode. Big fan of the shallow focus in a couple of the interactions between Archie and Trenchcoat McNot-a-fed.

The horror movie framing and music cues during and right after blood clean-up duty.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

discworld is all I read posted:

Also I feel like we saw Cheryl use a long bow before for some reason; possibly to look sinister and dangerous (though she's definitely been waffling everywhere this season; first she burns her mom alive and seems like she's going to be torturing her, then she goes 'Single White Female' on Josie and starts to stalk/manipulate her, and now she just kinda whines a bit cause her mom is a prostitute.

I have to believe they are building up to a nuclear explosion with Cheryl.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Mama Blossom healed so quickly because when you're so goddamned smoking hot a little fire isn't that big of a deal.

No, no, you fools! It's whatever was in the Miskatonic crate.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

esperterra posted:

e: like idk it's like someone reached into my brain and put together a bunch of things I love about GG and Twin Peaks and made some melodramatic Archie show

This's how I see it except I also include Veronica Mars thanks to Jughead and, to a lesser extent, Betty. The investigating, the writing. It's all there.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MorgaineDax posted:

Can't believe this episode didn't end with Archie and Jughead kissing so then there's no jealousy whatsoever.

:same: I was super-disappointed.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I thought it was already clear Chick was Alice's son but not Hal's, from her wild Serpent days, so we were just waiting for the confirmation FP was his father.

No? Were we supposed to believe he was Hal's son this whole time? I thought that's why Hal was so dead-set against him moving in or reestablishing a relationship with Alice.

Me, too. I thought Hal knew Chick wasn't his child, that he was the child of Alice and some mystery South Side Serpent (FP). The blood test was just weird and out of left field as far as I was concerned. Of course he wouldn't have Blossom blood.

Archie's rationalization about supporting the prison makes me wonder if the Lodge's didn't have more to do with the Black Hood. Using that murder spree as justification just seems too good to be true.

All the drops at the last minute were great, though: murder plots, Hermione for mayor, blood rituals, son turning against father, even the "Fred" buttons being delivered. A good episode.

Show's insane and makes that work.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Propaganda Machine posted:

I don't have any cable logins or proxies or anything, just adblock, and watching new episodes on the CW site was just fine.

The CW detects my ad-blockers and won't let me watch unless I watch the commercials. I have a bad ad-blocker.

Edit: the beginning of the next season should be Jughead waking up from his medically induced coma six weeks later, the last episode having been a fever dream

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 28, 2018

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Didn't you hear? He used to be Ra's Al Ghul.

That was Merlyn's favorite line.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The one problem I have with this is that it's looking like Salem will be a non-talking cat in this new series. This isn't a deal breaker because the rest of the show looks fabulous, but it does make me a bit sad because he was my favorite character as a kid.

:same:

the hard switches between real cat and demonic puppet were always a highlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Yer Burnt posted:

Abandon all your Salem-related hopes because it became clear early in filming that Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats.

Fine. Bring back the abominable puppet. I'll still watch.

• Locked thread