Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

LesterGroans posted:

Don't read this if you don't want to know the status of Midge and Moose:

So the black hood is REALLY bad at his job.

How would you even manage that? He shot several times from point blank, while Moose was just sitting there.
New theory: This was a false flag operation. The role of the killer is shared between Dilton and Moose. Dilton is the shooter, Moose is the strangler... Dilton kinda sucks at this.
The more I think about this stupid theory the more sense it makes. Dilton is kind of a lunatic and he actually figured out that Ms Grundy was seducing students. Maybe he just wanted Grundy dead and keeps almost killing people to make this look like the work of a deranged serial killer without clear motive. I bet he has tight alibi for the night of her death.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

That woman has a type.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

d0grent posted:

What? That doesnt answer my question at all. I'm asking how he was still able to disguise his voice when he was right next to them in person right before he made Archie get into the coffin. His voice was heavily modulated but there was no device held up to his mouth to do anything like that. On the phone he would obviously just speak through a voice modulator device or through a computer with voice modulation software but in person he still had the same effect on his voice with no apparent source.

That's actually his regular voice. It's a common dialect around upstate New York. But he had to change it when he made a new identity.

Just go with it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Shneak posted:

Everything anybody does in this show could be solved with one session of therapy.

Are you sure about that? Therapy is a good thing, but it takes time. And some of these problems seem to be rooted a bit deeper than that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

esperterra posted:

Yah, I think I called the same back when we had the Alice was a Serpent reveal. Would suit how they've acted around eachother any time we get scenes with them.

I genuinely thought it was established that he is her half brother. Did I imagine that?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

He's going to build an amusement park. Mark my words.

It's either that, or a for profit prison.
Or something in between, like Disney world.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Chick is such a creepy little goblin.
I actually feel kinda bad for Mr. Cooper. He may be a petty idiot with a grudge and a temper, who cheats on his wife, but he's right about that guy.

At the end of the episode, he's sitting at a fireplace and grinning while cutting Hal out of family photos. That's so ridiculously evil.

Also that lazy poo poo didn't even help clean up the mess he made!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

This show is off the god damned rails and I love it.

Some really good shot framing in this episode. Big fan of the shallow focus in a couple of the interactions between Archie and Trenchcoat McNot-a-fed.

I loved the shot of Betty falling to sleep on her bed, where the camera rotated with her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Finally caught up on the last 2 episodes. "Bittersweet Symphony from the Cruel Intentions soundtrack" was one of the most ridiculous things ever. Like really, would people not recognize just "Bittersweet Symphony"?

Well, Josie didn't really seem to know the song either way.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Shoehead posted:

I totally forgot that Bettys dad and Cheryls mom are 1st cousins

They are? I thought their respective dads were. Is both true?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Oh I'm sorry, you're right. She's his (second) cousin's widow! It's only inappropriate not abhorrent haha

Frankly that's tame. Widowed people sometimes marry their siblings in law!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Hal Cooper continues to be the worst person in a show about predators, drug dealers, gangsters, mob bosses and literal serial killers. That's kind of impressive, actually.

He kept the possible inheritance a secret from his own daughter, just to prevent Alice from getting anything.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 16, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Privatized for profit prisons are a borderline medieval horror show and no quaint little town wants one anywhere near them.

Yes. This plan is just one step less evil than making that school a designated orphan hunting zone. Private for profit prisons are some of the most vile instiutions in America. Some workers in those hell holes literally talk about "maintaining the loyality of their customers."

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 22, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Incidentally, a Swiss boarding school is where Cherryl was introduced in the current iteration of the Archie comics.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Easily the healthiest relationship on the show.

My math brain tried to think of a counter example to this statement, but I think this is literally true.
Archie-Veronica, Archie-Grundy, Betty-Jughead, Alice-Hal, Alice-FP, FP-Jughead's mom, Cheryl-Jason, Mitch-Moose, Kevin-Moose, Kevin-random wood people, Kevin-Joachim, Keller-ex-major, Cheryl-Josie, Jason-Polly, Fred-Molly Ringwald, Mr and Mrs. Blossom, Hal-Mrs. Blossom, Archie-Pussycat who isn't Josie (the other one), Black hood-Betty.
All of those are broken or toxic relationships which are kinda bad for the persons involved in some way or another.

And besides the Lodges who, despite their criminal life, actually seem to feel a lot of affection for each other and their daughter, I can't think of any more.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I guess Hal isn't the perfect husband, father and businessman after all. He always seemed like such a good fellow.
Seriously though, it's kinda weird, that being a deranged serial killer only barely raises his scumbag level.

The fathers of Riverdale all kinda suck.
So far we have a drug kingpin, a gang leader, a presumed tax evader who may have fudged the paperwork for his companies work permits, a mob boss, and a serial killer. All of those are on the same level by the way.

That means Keller and Josie's douchey musician father are the only good dads we've met.
Counting the Blossoms from previous generations doesn't make it any better either.
You might think Jason counts, but technically he was never a father.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think he'll more likely die next week. He's got insane plot armor, but they didn't even blink at killing Midge. It also gives Betty a good reason to go full Serpent.

Yeah, I kinda agree here. Penny and her friends explicitly wanted to kill him there and they weren't actually stopped in the act. If Jughead actually survives this, they are just incredibly terrible at their jobs. Logically, there's no reason why he'd survive this. On the other hand, he's one of the four main characters and also kind of the narrator so far. This show might go off the rails sometimes, but I still doubt they have the balls to kill him.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Penny and the Ghoulies really really suck at killing.
He was out of the hospital within hours and didn't even have any broken limbs!

Honestly, this finale was kinda lame. The previous episode was way cooler.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't get what that dude who killed Andre's plan was. Just walking at Hermione and Veronica while the former has a gun.

Anyway this season was way better than the first, even though that one wasn't bad.

Well, he did manage to kill Andre. Plus it would be super intimidating to just slowly walk towards them while tanking the bullets until he's in range to strangle them. And that almost worked. It was his goofy revenge fantasy, which He didn't plan that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DivisionPost posted:

[*]On Polly and Alice: They're both deep in with The Farm when Season 3 picks up; RAS describes being inspired by Wild, Wild Country and NXVIM (the Allison Mack sex cult) and, uh, holy poo poo.

esperterra posted:

yyyyyaaaaassssssssss!
:raise:

While that sounds kinda gross, I am sort of interested where they will take that madness.

• Locked thread