Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Riverdale streams on Netflix so still doing some Sabrina leg work isn't necessarily a waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Yeah the Hood story isn't done. I mean the last line of the ep is "She had a feeling this story wasn't over."

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It is still cracking me up that Betty's Dad is basically an after thought, even to Betty. "The plot demands I go find my half brother and throw it in his face, feelings be damned!"

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

You guys aren't wrong at all, it just cracks me up how hard the show leans into the adults being pieces to be moved around for plot by the teens.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

esperterra posted:

Yeah, he pushed for an abortion but she compromised with adoption or smth.

I'm not sure how exactly they'll explain it all away but I feel confident that the reveal will be that Chick is the half brother of both Jug and Betty. My guess is that getting pregnant is what causes Alice to give up the Serpent way of life, she met Hal and they fell in love and then he found out about the kid.

The problem is, they haven't done enough character work on Hal to make it feel like he's the kind of guy who would still stick with her after having FP's kid, so it will probably be a confession from Alice that will then be immediately glossed over with the reveal that Chick is the Black Hood.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

It seems pretty likely that it is considering the Black Hood's voice has only been heard through computer alteration on an unknown number and surprise surprise, Chick Biggalo, e-gigolo is a tech dude.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

With how good the Capo Archie plot is, the Betty stuff is really losing me with how messy and plot-necessitated it is. Betty goes from finally getting suspicious of Chick to siding with him because Hal sucks. Which is fine, we're building up all the reasons to realize he is shady as gently caress and likely the Black Hood, but we still have 6 episodes to go before the finale.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Exactly, Betty and Jughead have always been too focused on whatever their mission at hand was to give any thought to the Alice / FP feud being more than just Alice saltiness for being a former serpent. Given the lengths Hal was willing to go to try and protect Polly in his own weird way is just an extra bit of evidence that Chick isn't his kid.

That said, I give the show a lot of credit for being able to overlap all of the circles to move the plots a long. We were due for a Chick reveal anyway but masking it with a Blossom twin brother reveal makes it feel a lot more natural.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I didn't realize that some how there are still 6 episodes left in the season? At some point I'm predicting Chic getting cast out of the Cooper house is what kickstarts the return of the Black Hood.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

PriorMarcus posted:

As far as I can tell is actually a luxury private prison for all of Hiram's incarcerated rich friends to hang out in and basically still conduct business from.

I think it is this.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I'm fine with the hard pivot on who the Hood can be now since they opted for a satisfying end to Chic.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I think someone in the thread earlier mentioned they record the tracks and then lip sync them.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I know the ending was supposed to be dramatic as gently caress but holy lol.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Rhyno posted:

I have this rough idea for a future season where there's only two bridges leading into town (surrounded by impassable rivers) and both are blown up so the town goes full on Mad Max waiting for outside aide.

The Bad Idea Rises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah but the video had nothing to do with it and also I don't think Hal did it, I just think he wanted the reward money for his family. His sudden confession thing and then just waiting for the cops was kinda weird.

Season was wrapping up after all.

• Locked thread