Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the best thing about reading the history of the labor movement is how many diseases basically only affected one or two professions due to the fact that their professions were literally poisoning them. like the radium girls are super well known, along with black lung, but have you ever heard of milkman's thumb? (edit: holy poo poo, do not google that phrase) basically workers at dairy farms would get these horrible repetitive strain injuries, crooking their thumbs eternally to grasp phantom nipples.

but did YOU know, thanks to a resurgence of craft brewing, attacks by Barrel Skeletons are at a 40 year high? it's true. what used to only affect adventurers and parisian wine-barons patrolling their stocks now happens to every bearded tom, dick, and harry who works down at Ugly Shitfaced Motherfucker Ales & Facial Hair Ungent Supply. skeletons bursting out of barrels, spilling ales and bitters everywhere. shameful. do they even know how rusty it makes their half-helm & scimitar? fuckin skeletons, no respect for company PPE.

also, more and more teachers are finding themselves confronted by hair-metal bands who reject the stated curriculum & instead seek to instruct the children in the fine art of "partying down." this wave of "Sister-Twisting" has afflicted as many as 3 schools in the tri-county area ALONE. teachers are often found after the fact, hair touseled, glasses ajar, their ties pulled rakishly to the side.

what other ailments plague the Workingpeople of your brain-worlds, my fine byobbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
I'm getting tired of all the goddamn seals at my job. Always popping up in my face every time I turn a corner or move around some boxes. They're not cute, they're not playful, they bare their teeth at everybody, and even if my manager says they aren't technically rabid, they sure as hell smell like they are.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Twenty Four

Little known fact, barbers and stylists are 30% more likely to have hairlip.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
airport workers in the x-files dimension are 1,000% more likely to get hollowed out and worn like a halloween costume by a legless swami on a skateboard

crimes

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
My boss is a dog, and my job involves a lot of driving with him to make sales and put out fires at our clients. More than once, he has pulled out the "If you're really a team player, you'll stick your head out the window as I'm driving" card on me, and every time I end up coming *this close* to a concussion, traumatic brain injury, or "near-complete but still hanging on by a few fleshy threads and spinal remnants" decapitation.

Of course, he never sticks his own head out the window. Always looking straight ahead through the windshield, eyes on the road like a good boy.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

fire pole glitch that wraps you around to the top as soon as you reach the bottom

ty nesamdoom!

Macnult

pet store: the customers are more dangerous than the animals

Aryu Kiddimeh
being exploited for your labor oof

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
getting the paper bin comically stuck on my head :(

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Robot Made of Meat

Ohh, we all know about Housemaid's knee, and Tennis elbow, but nobody talks about that scourge of low-stress, tedious IT workers: Fapper's elbow.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Aryu Kiddimeh posted:

being exploited for your labor oof

i said UNKNOWN, Aryu :colbert:

(actually lmao good post)

crimes

Fredflonston

you could sneeze and slime yourself it's happened to me.

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
subway sandwich artists are often not appreciated and sometimes try too hard to stand out from the crowd. when i ordered a classic italian on whole wheat today, the sandwich artist began covering his face in oil and vinegar while slam poetry'ing about italians becoming a race of sandwiches. it was a bit much for me but i understand some people call that art.

the unfortunate and unforeseen hazard was that an italian hit squad was waiting on their sandwich party platter and didn't appreciate his comparison... they shot him approx. 195 times according to the police report.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Meeksha posted:

subway sandwich artists are often not appreciated and sometimes try too hard to stand out from the crowd. when i ordered a classic italian on whole wheat today, the sandwich artist began covering his face in oil and vinegar while slam poetry'ing about italians becoming a race of sandwiches. it was a bit much for me but i understand some people call that art.

the unfortunate and unforeseen hazard was that an italian hit squad was waiting on their sandwich party platter and didn't appreciate his comparison... they shot him approx. 195 times according to the police report.

195 is the highest number.

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Before I started in IT, I had no idea how much printers hate humanity. Living with that negativity every day is so draining. It's just like WOAH, thanks for the misanthropy you two-trayed bastard.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Macnult posted:

pet store: the customers are more dangerous than the animals

I once asked to hold a gecko and they said OK but it is going to bite you and you have to promise not to drop it. I said OK then immediately dropped it when it bit me.

Thank you for your time,

S. Teefs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Starman Super DX posted:

195 is the highest number.

24 is the highest number. forgetaboutit.

• Locked thread