Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Everyone's reactions were just be so incredibly inconsistent. Rene pulls the biggest backstab in the history of superheroics and Ollie just takes him right back into the field. Dinah gets pissed the call her out for seeing her psycho ex and then immediately goes right back to said psycho ex. Everyone tells about how they're getting tested as second class citizens when the other options are the guy who was just Green Arrow last week and his partner and wife. Even Curtis, who has the most natural reaction and sensible reasons to hang up the mask, ends with BUT WE'RE STILL COOL FELICITY CYA TOMORROW AT WORK

It really felt like the writing fell apart a few episodes before Crisis and hasn't put itself back together. I hope the last half gets the job done, because last season was incredible. This one... woof.

Aphrodite posted:

There’s 14 more episodes.

Oh thank gods. There's still time to undo all this bullshit and reveal the FBI agent as a plant by the Oliver Queen Revenge Squad or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I like how not only did felicity crap on Barry and Iris' nice moment/mini wedding, but then they didn't even invite them to their wedding pt2 even though Ollie was Barry's best man, seriously team flash should sever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was a reception, not another ceremony, and everyone from the crossover all went out of their way once already. I imagine everyone else had stuff to do.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
In my head, Feliclity probably called Iris while her and Barry were in Aruba or wherever they went on their honeymoon and asked her if she wanted to come to her and Oliver's wedding reception, and Iris responding by promptly throwing the phone into the ocean.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Besides, everyone likes Barry and Iris more than Felicity and Oliver.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think the Felicity hate is overblown and very stupid but like whatever you may think of her "stealing" Barry and Iris' spontaneous wedding with a spontaneous wedding of their own if she had called up all their friends and announced a sudden, unexpected destination wedding ceremony RIGHT after the last one then she's just a complete and total rear end in a top hat.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Or just wait till iris finished her vows and dig had married them to be like hey yakno what marry us too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm super cheesed off by the reveal that Cayden James just bugged the Arrowcave. That sure seems like something they should have loving checked for.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

I'm super cheesed off by the reveal that Cayden James just bugged the Arrowcave. That sure seems like something they should have loving checked for.

Just like Team Arrow keeps meaning to upgrade their security, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did have it built by Cisco. At least that’s consistent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It just seems like sop after being attacked would be to sweep for bugs. ESPECIALLY when they're sitting around worried about who has been leaking info!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Being able to just waltz into STAR Labs and the Arrow Cave is a time-honored tradition though. Hell even the Waverider can now get invaded by the Time Bureau pretty much whenever.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

GobiasIndustries posted:

Being able to just waltz into STAR Labs and the Arrow Cave is a time-honored tradition though. Hell even the Waverider can now get invaded by the Time Bureau pretty much whenever.

To be fair, the Time Bureau have the tech to pretty much teleport into any place at any time.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

In fairness to the Waverider, I don't think the Legends team have any ability to prevent that since the Bureau is essentially more technologically advanced than they are

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anyone else notice at the beginning of the episode when they were at the bar Rene didn't actually drink the shot?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Anyone else notice at the beginning of the episode when they were at the bar Rene didn't actually drink the shot?

isn't he in AA with Lance?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My main question with FBI Lady is this - where the hell was she? She's had 5 years of the Green Arrow, certainly earlier she hadn't put it together yet when it first started, but that's not what I'm on about. There have been multiple terror attacks on Star City in the last 5 years, and only Slade, Prometheus and the new plot was actually Oliver's fault. Ra's al Ghul would likely have attacked the city independantly, Merlyn leveled a few city blocks, Darke would have nuked the world - aren't these things that the FBI should be stepping in to investigate? Or am I getting them confused with the CTU? Hell, surely a cruise missile being launched from Argus should have piqued her interest after the fact?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

At least the DEO doesn't get busted into. As often.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

McDragon posted:

At least the DEO doesn't get busted into. As often.

No, but I love how anyone can take an elevator straight to Catco's top floor. No badges, no security, just pop in, hit floor 52 and bam.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Speedy is back next year?

He better have a metal arm

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

yes, I noticed this and re watched it and thought it was weird as poo poo. i wonder if it's gonna turn into a weird plot point about him being an alcoholic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't think it was supposed to be a character moment, I think it was just a weird take where Rick Gonzalez just didn't actually drink whatever was in the shot glass.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rene has a big messed up past with substance abuse, a history of anger and impulse control problems, and is in the middle of trying to win back custody of his kid so it doesn't seem that mysterious why he might not be drinking.

Like, he doesn't have to be an alcoholic. He could just be making a concentrated effort to be at his best.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Curtis eating Rene's burger was a pretty jerk movie.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

STAC Goat posted:

Rene has a big messed up past with substance abuse, a history of anger and impulse control problems, and is in the middle of trying to win back custody of his kid so it doesn't seem that mysterious why he might not be drinking.

Like, he doesn't have to be an alcoholic. He could just be making a concentrated effort to be at his best.

I thought the reason he and Quentin bonded initially was over their shared problems with alcohol, but my memory might have manufactured that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think maybe Rene had some history with his wife and then cleaned up and she relapsed? I'm not sure about that. I think the bulk of him and Quentin bonding was about them both being fathers who had "lost" their daughters and Quentin wanting to convince Rene to take the second chance he wanted so badly. The booze/drugs stuff seemed kind of secondary. But I can't remember for sure if Rene had a past or not.

Or maybe Rene was drinking when he lost his daughter? I don't know. Either way I think its just part of Rene's story that he decided to clean his poo poo up especially once Quentin/Curtis talked him into trying to get his daughter back. So just making a focused effort to stay sober makes sense.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Rocksicles posted:

Speedy is back next year?

He better have a metal arm

Come back, reveal he's the Green Arrow and that he faked his death to arrow under a name mantle, and then fake his death again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

V-Men posted:

Come back, reveal he's the Green Arrow and that he faked his death to arrow under a name mantle, and then fake his death again.

A fake worse than death!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

“Arrow” producer Marc Guggenheim has confirmed that Manu Bennett’s Slade Wilson won’t be appearing much on the show again due to the impending Deathstroke movie in the works and the studio not allowing them

What the gently caress.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

How many times do the DC movies have to fail until they leave the Arrowverse the gently caress alone?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yer Burnt posted:

How many times do the DC movies have to fail until they leave the Arrowverse the gently caress alone?

all of them

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
At least Slade got a decent amount of closure for his relationship with Oliver now - he just has his own adventures to go on now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Josh Brolin for Deathstroke!

Lets get this guy another superhero role.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rocksicles posted:

Josh Brolin for Deathstroke!

Lets get this guy another superhero role.

It’s already being played by the werewolf guy from How I Met Your Mother.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yer Burnt posted:

I've been largely ambivalent to the DCEU since it's inception, but the more I hear about the WB brass actively loving with the Arrowverse for no sensible reason to appease the movie gods, the more I actively root for every new DCEU film to bomb harder than the last one purely out of spite.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ojjeorago posted:

It’s already being played by the werewolf guy from How I Met Your Mother.

I thought that was all defunct in the trademark "DC changes everything, because."

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

I've been largely ambivalent to the DCEU since it's inception, but the more I hear about the WB brass actively loving with the Arrowverse for no sensible reason to appease the movie gods, the more I actively root for every new DCEU film to bomb harder than the last one purely out of spite.
It's really annoying that they're supposedly still planning a Suicide Squad sequel because those episodes were drat fun.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yer Burnt posted:

It's really annoying that they're supposedly still planning a Suicide Squad sequel because those episodes were drat fun.

And they axed the live action debut of Harley Quinn in the Arrowverse for it. From the sound of it they also torpedoed Harley's debut on Gotham too, because I seem to recall the producers of that show spent all this year going "wait till you see who we got to play Harley Quinn, you're going to love it, she'll be showing up by the end of the season" and then the season came and went and Harley was nowhere to be found.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

And they axed the live action debut of Harley Quinn in the Arrowverse for it. From the sound of it they also torpedoed Harley's debut on Gotham too, because I seem to recall the producers of that show spent all this year going "wait till you see who we got to play Harley Quinn, you're going to love it, she'll be showing up by the end of the season" and then the season came and went and Harley was nowhere to be found.

I don't recall any of that about Gotham, they were kind of teasing that Barbara might become Harley as I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I don't recall any of that about Gotham, they were kind of teasing that Barbara might become Harley as I recall.

They had to walk it back like nuts over the summer: "Despite Promises, It Turns Out Harley Quinn Was Never Going to—and Will Never—Be on Gotham"

The tl;dr of it was the Gotham producers started running their mouths about "oh yeah, we're totally gonna do Harley Quinn" and then had go "oh we meant we're gonna do a Harley Quinn-LIKE character" because WB swooped in and slapped the self-congratulatory cigar out of their mouth mid-season because Suicide Squad was about to drop and no one in the Gotham bullpen got the memo.