Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

We haven't seen the Queen hideout all season. They go there and realize his outfit was stolen months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The new Green Arrow is Wildcat

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oliver is Diaz.
Roy is Oliver.
Diggle is Felicity.
Future William is Quentin.
Zoe is Rene.
Dinah is Oliver's dad.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My personal out of box theory is that the new GA is Thea. Size wise it seems about right (with like lifts and padding) and it would be a subversion of the expectation that its Roy. I doubt that's really the case since we probably would have heard about Willa Holland rejoining the cast but its just the idea that kept crossing my mind as to someone who would make sense without too much disappointment or Flash/Legends style time travel/alternate worlds wackiness.

I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the Fast Forward is an alternate world or parallel timeline or something but I'm mostly taking it at face value for now. Its far enough in advance that they don't really have to pay it off any time soon and right now all its really affected in the present is that Oliver and Felicity don't get William back (and I'm a little unclear on if they specified if her sending him away that time was the last time or if it could be another) and Roy coming back sometime.

And Star City going all No Man's Land but gently caress, I want to see more of that poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I don't care who the gently caress the new GA is I just want more Katrina Law.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Yeah the guy asking about Hackett every single time is really unsubtle and really gives me the vibe that he's The Demon™ and he's working for Diaz for who knows what reason. I like the E2 Future possibility but I was really hoping at the end that Dinah would drop that Felicity is the one responsible for the wall signalling that she truly went bonkers not that she died in the 15 year gap. That's not really a bombshell.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Sir Potato posted:

Yeah the guy asking about Hackett every single time is really unsubtle and really gives me the vibe that he's The Demon™ and he's working for Diaz for who knows what reason. I like the E2 Future possibility but I was really hoping at the end that Dinah would drop that Felicity is the one responsible for the wall signalling that she truly went bonkers not that she died in the 15 year gap. That's not really a bombshell.

Felicity didn't die, she went back in time to be the new Green Arrow.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

Felicity didn't die, she went back in time to be the new Green Arrow.

I don’t know how yet, I don’t know why yet, but this is Barry Allen’s fault.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Wow, the Brady bunch is getting irrationally hamfisted again, just like last season.

Also, how is this not going to involve time travel of some sorts?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 11, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Just give it

:cool:

time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

"An old friend in Gotham" eh?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

No way Oliver can go back to sending people to prison after he's witnessed the systematic abuse of prisoners.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Okay, that was appropriately badass.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Wait a minute...

Since when do they keep FEMALE prisoners together with the males?!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Wait a minute...

Since when do they keep FEMALE prisoners together with the males?!

When it's an off-the-books torture site I imagine all bets are off

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Well that was incredibly dumb.

Even sending normal prisoners to level two seems like it would be incredibly risky, because most of them probably still have some contact with the outside world; someone who's going to, say, contact a lawyer or at least start making some noise about these prisoners who've just disappeared and had all their records erased. But to send a popular, rich, former-mayor with friends in government and law enforcement there and expect to get away with it is insane.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Didn't I say it would be an Al'Ghul?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

Didn't I say it would be an Al'Ghul?

Well, you only had two viable guesses, so it was kind of a coin flip between Nyssa and Talia :v:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I'm a bit behind on all these shows but I like that Beebo is now a thing in all of them. Thank you Time Idiots

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Well that was incredibly dumb.

Even sending normal prisoners to level two seems like it would be incredibly risky, because most of them probably still have some contact with the outside world; someone who's going to, say, contact a lawyer or at least start making some noise about these prisoners who've just disappeared and had all their records erased. But to send a popular, rich, former-mayor with friends in government and law enforcement there and expect to get away with it is insane.

On the other hand, the American prison systems (taking aside Ollie) do all sorts of dumb stuff all the time.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

So was this better or worse than the No-Lunch Supermax hidden under Barry's particle accelerator?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Phenotype posted:

So was this better or worse than the No-Lunch Supermax hidden under Barry's particle accelerator?

Voting worse because it’s just so much less plausible that every person in there wasn’t missed and a little bit of digging &googling led them basically to a giant mystery subcomplex.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It’s amazing how Arrow has gone back to being the best Arrowverse show this season. Feels like it’s been ages.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Legends is still the best.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

It’s amazing how Arrow has gone back to being the best Arrowverse show this season. Feels like it’s been ages.

Felicity being a new member of the Not Birds of Prey is helping mitigate the awful. It helps keep cry talking to a minimum since Dinah and Laurel suck up most of the oxygen by bickering.

I like how the mysterious MIND ERASER chamber was just some restraints where Dr. Parker can torture some dudes. It was a little bit of a cop out but nice to see it wasn’t some ridiculous sci-fi babble nonsense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lexa Doig is always great, I hope she sticks around for a while in some regard.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

She's not even the best al Ghul daughter. :colbert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

She's not even the best al Ghul daughter. :colbert:

Talia survived taking an island-levelling bomb right to the face. Nyssa lost her girlfriend to an angry sexbot from the future. I think we have a clear winner in this contest, and it’s not the one you’re rooting for :v:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Talia is cool and good.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Nyssa is better because she refers to people as beloved.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Talia survived taking an island-levelling bomb right to the face. Nyssa lost her girlfriend to an angry sexbot from the future. I think we have a clear winner in this contest, and it’s not the one you’re rooting for :v:

That would be silly. She's a sex-CLONE from the future.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Nov 15, 2018

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

The Lord Bude posted:

The fight scenes have returned to being great, at least. I used to be amazed at the fight choreography in the first seasons, but then I think the last few seasons slacked off a bit. The prison fights have been just brutal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That would be silly. She's a sex-CLONE from the future.

Seriously people, we have standards here! Exactingly low standards!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

kjetting posted:

The fight scenes have returned to being great, at least. I used to be amazed at the fight choreography in the first seasons, but then I think the last few seasons slacked off a bit. The prison fights have been just brutal.

They're suddenly willing to be a lot more graphic and bloody than they used to be. Some of those scenes looked like they belonged in Daredevil almost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder how long we'll go before they kill off Ava and Sarah tried to replace her with a new clone. But they keep being defective so there's a room on the Waverider full of dead Ava's and everyone is afraid to bring it up.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I wonder how long we'll go before they kill off Ava and Sarah tried to replace her with a new clone. But they keep being defective so there's a room on the Waverider full of dead Ava's and everyone is afraid to bring it up.

Well if you've had a sex clone, why stop at one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Well if you've had a sex clone, why stop at one.

Ugh, this just became a Rick & Morty plot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

This got Venture Bros. really fast :stonk:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that's really loving stupid to put Oliver in a super secret torture brainwash dungeon when he's super high profile with some very powerful friends who will literally move mountains for him. I'm pretty sure the remote the guards used to activate the stun cuff was a laser thermometer.

Plus I'm pretty sure that would negate his plea deal.

Holy poo poo that briefcase gun was some super cool spy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's really loving stupid to put Oliver in a super secret torture brainwash dungeon when he's super high profile with some very powerful friends who will literally move mountains for him. I'm pretty sure the remote the guards used to activate the stun cuff was a laser thermometer.

Plus I'm pretty sure that would negate his plea deal.

Holy poo poo that briefcase gun was some super cool spy poo poo.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but was it like this or some movie magic thing?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92tj3dT5Uhs

H&K made a bunch of these for the middle east market. During the Iraq II war, they found a shitload of brand news ones still in the wrappers.