Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

Tiggum posted:

So, Oliver and Felicity get back together, Felicity convinces Oliver to go back to being the Green Arrow, but then decides she can't be with him if he's a vigilante and they break up again? Is that how this is going to go?

OH GOD WE"RE IN SEASON 4 AGAIN :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
Watching the episode last night, my wife and I were confused by Dig's blaming Oliver for everything that went wrong. I know it is this shows go to but come on, he blamed Oliver for the city becoming corrupt and all that crap and mean while Dig was in the hood. I let out a loud "FINALLY" when Oliver pointed out how everything sorta fell apart on Dig's watch. Think this episode was a distillation of everything wrong with the season. People getting mad at Oliver for stuff that wasn't his fault or for actions he took that made since.

Outsiders: "You spied on us? We are so mad"
Ollie: "Yeah I spied on you because one of you was a mole and I had to figure out who and Renee just admitted it"
Knowing the clandestine nature of what they do, how are they mad at Olly over Renee in that one.

Dig: You put Renee in the hospital
Ollie: He was shooting at me (omitting the part where Olly disarms him and Renee picks up an axe like slasher flick killer)

Outsiders: You spied on us again
Logic: You mean after one of you was going on a murderous rampage that was interfering with their ability to try and salvage the city's money and let's not forget that crap they did with Diggle's arm implant.

Dig: The city fell to corruption on your watch?
Ollie: Oh you mean while you were Green Arrow, secretly using Boring Badguy's drugs.

I think the writers need to avoid telling a story of internal group conflict because they are really bad at it. Diggle's whining the whole episode was so juvenile and illogical, his conclusions were very conveniently retold exonerating anyone else from blame while putting it all on Oliver. I get that they want to show Ollie pushing people away inadvertently but none of it adds up the way they want.
The Quentin and Laurel-2 plotline still creeps me out. He found some random stranger, abducts her, and is trying to force her to be his dead daughter just because they look a like. A lot of bad choices. At this point to sell Diaz as an interesting character they are really gonna just need to do an episode from his perspective where in he actually does something to establish him as capable otherwise all his supposed menace just seems to fall out of the sky and makes no sense how he even got it all in the first place.

Writh fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 6, 2018