Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe they wanted to be the richer person of the two, since they have like 0 money between them.

I'm glad they finally brought up the money subject

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Slade going ape wild was something I didn't realize I missed so much

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man like 8 years ago if you would have told me I'd be excited for some CW super hero TV show crossover that all spawned from Green Arrow and completely disinterested in a Justice League movie I'd have called you crazy and would have ranted about how Angel got done dirty.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 20, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

Last year's crossover was a helluva good time. The final fight against the dominator is kinda dinky, but all the interactions were great.

I unapolgetically loved last year's crossover and everything about it, including Diggle shin kicking aliens

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope they don't try to make the episodes as single-show-contained as last year. Oliver telling Supergirl to gtfo of his episode was the dumbest poo poo.

It led to Flash and Supergirl completely beating down and no selling some tier 4 villain so it was worth it

That and the arrow alley-oop stab movie

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sir Potato posted:

Pretty good episode, but I still don't entirely buy the Not Team Arrow's thought process. I get the frustration at being spied on, but it's not like Ollie or the team in general, has ever not had their best interests at heart otherwise. The apology was legit and heartfelt, it just seems they don't want to re-team up out of pettiness.

Yeah it's annoying to me. Oh Renee you sold out the team to protect your daughter and didn't tell anyone. Yeah I get that no harm no foul there man. But Oliver, you spied on us because you thought someone compromised the team and were right? Not cool man that betrayed our trust. The "the whole team isn't treated the same" thing doesn't even make sense because 2/3rds of the people they are referring two are or have been Green Arrow and the third is the one setting up the spying stuff.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Team Outsider was mad that Team Ollie didn't tell them immediately that Vigilante was working for Cayden but were just like whatev about telling them that he was actually working as a double agent

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone on this show is a moron. Whaddup

Which show we talking about?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

We came to fight you but then you put Renee in the hospital and that's the line right there

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, basically everyone has acted like a dick to eachother in really stupid ways and I really don't know how you can realistically reunite them at this point. I guess you just give the sixteenth speech about how friends are important and they all forgive eachother?

Agreed on Curtis sabotaging Dig's implant, that was a really nasty thing to do to someone. And then you realize his motivation for doing it was because Dinah was really amped up about going to murder this girl which Curtis doesn't really want her to do, and then Curtis ends up talking her out of it at the last second, and just urgh. They're all idiots.

The Outsiders continual insistence on dancing around what Renee did is super annoying.

"Oh look Oliver is spying on us again"
"I did it because I thought someone broke my trust. And I was right"
"OMG STOP BEATING RENEE UP FOR IT"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Curtis highroading Felicity when his team came to murder someone, started firing guns at unarmed civilians, shot felicity, tried to kill Oliver, assaulted Quentin, almost crippled Diggle by hacking his medical implant and caused the city to lose it's money.

The highroading I found funny because if you would have talked to Wild Dog he would have just said some poo poo like "Hoss, we were fighting and poo poo happens next time maybe it'll be you in this bed this changes nothing"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I thought Oliver was pretty open this season. He literally walked away from the group and let them run the show. He spied on a group of new guys when he found out there was a mole that compromised the entire team.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I liked Rene before the split. His job working for Oliver showed his growth and maturation as a person, he provided some non Felicity snark and light sarcasm, and he was a more effective fighter in the field than t sphere throwing Curtis.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Just like I hate Flash but watch because of the character interaction, I hate this show but watch for the fights and Digg stabbing a dude with an arrow and then shooting him in the face

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ApeHawk posted:

I did laugh when Curtis tried to guilt Felicity for Oliver putting Rene in the hospital after Rene was the one who, you know, shot Felicity that same night.

Curtis was super douchey during the whole exchange and actually super douchey the whole season

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ubik_Lives posted:

[citation required]

I think this entire season is building up around how bad Ollie is as a leader. His actions this season, while morally justified, are almost always strategically wrong. I don’t think he’s supposed to be in the right, and will be forced to have a change of heart at some point, but I don’t think you’re supposed to agree with his default stance of distrusting others and constantly isolating himself.

Rene is an informant? Don't bother talking to your team members about it, you don't owe them poo poo, just immediately start spying on all of them. (Note that Rene does own up to the issue when it's brought up in conversation.)

Diggle is pissed about me taking the hood back? Well, I should explain how I feel, and that should solve it. If someone else explains how they feel, I should start pushing all their buttons, because I have what I want and that’s that.

Members of my staff are working against me and have opened up about it, for entirely understandable reasons? Should I show some compassion, and try to use them as double agents, even in just a minor capacity? Nah, screw that DA's dying wife. Next time vote Democrat.

I've been turned into a drug fuelled psycho Rambo version of myself, because my worst fear, my most restrained impulse, is to isolate myself from my allies and make suicidal charges head first into danger? Crazy me makes some good points, I'm going to write this down.

The problem I have with Ollie's downwards trajectory is that there’s too much padding around it, and they play up the wrong parts. There’s too much other stuff to draw your attention away from the team imploding, and too much complaining about how Ollie put Rene into the hospital, when Rene was swinging an axe at Ollie. Even now, when they finally have Ollie completely isolating himself from everyone, they switch focus back onto Diaz. They really needed to follow up the drug episode with another confrontation with Diaz which goes poorly, and have the episode end with Ollie alone and injured in the bunker, but instead he’s doing fine in offscreen fights.

They keep saying that Ollie is his own worst enemy, and that Diaz is going to defeat him by just giving Ollie enough rope to hang himself, and this is happening, but it’s paced so slowly to lose all impact, and you question if his bad decisions were actually good ones.

Yeah, the whole "Oliver this is your fault" thing could have been more believable if they would have just changed around some stuff. Actually show Oliver getting outmaneuvered as mayor instead of just flipping the switch and everyone in the city is now working for Diaz. Actually show Oliver mishandling Rene instead of benching the guy who flipped on you and then yelling at him for not following orders in the field. Actually have Diggle being a really good Green Arrow who keeps getting derailed by Oliver butting in instead of some guy hiding a drug problem. Actually show Curtis being a sensitive guy who was deeply hurt by betrayal and not just some jackass who hates Oliver for spying on him but not Rene for ratting him out. Instead we just have a bunch of unsympathetic people saying Oliver sucks at a job he appears to be doing ok but not great with this season.

Also the "you suck at being a leader" thing kind of doesn't work very well since he's had a team since almost the beginning. Season 3 at the very latest.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly, now I kind of want to see Black Siren go to Earth-X and try to pull the same mindgame fuckery on Commandant Quentin as she did on E1 Quentin.

I'd laugh if Quentin sees Nazi Siren walking along the street and then immediately puts a bullet in Black Siren because he's thinks he'll have a better shot at saving a new evil one

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ubik_Lives posted:

In this season's defence, I will say that I don't think Ollie was a spectacular leader in the early years. He accumulated people to his cause, but they were largely subordinate to him, and they tended to originate from people who were already close to him. As a result, he pretty much always got his way. I'm pretty sure at one point he shot Roy Harper in the leg just because Roy wanted to do something that Ollie didn't approve of.

He may have not been a great motivational leader but Diggle's argument sounds really hollow considering the bad guys he was able to take down. He was a dick that got results, Diggle made it sound like he was a dick that just got a bunch of people killed for no reason.

quote:

I think the main difference now is not really that Ollie is any worse at being a team leader, but Rene is just terrible at being a team member, and Ollie doesn't know how to handle that. He needs to show some actual leadership, and not just possess the position as a default title. It's slightly contrived to have Rene being as obstinate and insubordinate as he is, but Ollie getting annoyed with everyone and cutting them off isn't really out-of-character for him.

Yeah that's one of the things that super annoys me about The Outsiders and specifically Curtis. Rene flips on everyone and when he's invited back into the field he immediately goes off and does his own thing against orders and blows the mission and no one cares because Oliver was a jerk to them

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Evil Laurel how are you scared of Diaz? This better be another con. Just scramble his brains like you did with Vigilante.

*Oliver takes down Diaz in a fist fight*

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HE'S NOT HUMAN INSIDE I'M A POWERFUL META BUT THIS GUY SCARES ME"

The legend of Diaz continues to grow

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ubik_Lives posted:

Considering almost everyone who's either related to Ollie or in team Arrow has at one (or more) points been killed or put in a coma, I don't think it's unreasonable to look at a broader definition of victory. This is basically the foundation of every buddy cop movie ever.

"You're a loose cannon Ollie! You're going to get people killed!"

"Yeah, but I get results!"

It's a core component of the show and literally the backbone of the argument Diggle and Cisco have over who would win in a fight, a philosophy that Diggle 100% subscribed too. Especially since he spent his career outside of Team Arrow not actually accomplishing anything good because he was being used and duped by people in power. I get Dig having a changing attitude or feelings but again the show did a bad job of setting anything up.

And it's not like the contrasting show Flash shows Mr. Nice Guy Barry having a better track record in regard to the lives of the people around him either

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 27, 2018

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm also confused why The Outsiders were super cool with Diggle and thanked him for his "I don't approve of the things you did but I'm sorry for the part I played" apology when it was basically the same one Oliver gave to them in the apartment that they turned their nose up at.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I legit thought Diaz was supposed to be this untouchable fist fighter in the ring which is how he rose through the ranks and survived all those years. But Oliver had him on the ropes and his Quadrant plan consisted of having Laurel sound blast everyone everywhere they went

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Maybe he's joining the Legends!

Mick gonna offer him a beer every episode

Mick gonna throw a beer and bacon party for the crew

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rhyno posted:

It was the best episode in weeks.

Oliver and Rene acted like actual human beings and everything!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I liked how when it started, Flash and Green Arrow showed up on each other's finales and solved each other's problems. Although I'd imagine having Flash capture Diaz in 3 seconds would make the whole second half of Arrow look even dumber

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Diaz is a powerful crime boss who rose to that position by having Black Siren sound blast everything in that one episode. Such a smart and powerful dude

Seriously, he somehow rose the ranks for most of his criminal life without her but the only thing he could do without her that episode was burn some chump tow truck driver

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

So what happened while I've checked out? Have Ollie and the Outsiders stopped yelling at each other like stupid idiots yet?

Oliver and Rene had a very human talk where they acted like actual human beings and coincidentally it was the best episode since I can't even remember this poo poo was so bad

Curtis is still a douche though

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Is Dinah still a raging psycho hypocrite?

Rene: We gotta practice our lies hoss
Dinah: lying is wrong I'll just plead the 5th
Rene: that'll make you look guilty hoss
Dinah: whatever

Dinah: I plead the 5th
Court: GASP
Dinah: poo poo you were right who could have seen that coming

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

You'd think local police shooting it out with a federal agent would be enough to get the feds noticing something but I guess the FBI won't care about anything unless asked nicely

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I am excited for this new future crew member of the Legends

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm :lol: that Curtis didn't get a heartfelt apology/closure talk. Because he's an unlikeable dick.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Curtis was a smug dick when he found Dig and Oliver split and like the primary whiner about the spying thing even after he found out that Rene rolled on them all.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yo I thought that premiere loving ruled.

Agreed but how will they end up screwing up the rest of the season

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

bentacos posted:

I was kind of hoping that the last scene with Felicity was her asking Slade for help.

The FBI lady seems really good at sitting at her desk looking smug but kind of lovely at anything else

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://tvline.com/2019/01/17/arrows-150th-episode-documentary-style-kelsey-grammer-narrator/

quote:

The CW’s Arrow, as hinted in recent by creatives and crew via Twitter, has something very special on tap for its landmark 150th episode.

Airing Monday, Feb. 4 as the 12th episode of Season 7, “Emerald Archer” will showcase a “documentary” that is entitled “The Hood and the Rise of Vigilantism” and stars Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak and the rest of Team Arrow.

Per the official synopsis, “As a camera crew follows Oliver and team around to talk about their past as vigilantes and what the Green Arrow means to Star City, Oliver must also deal with William’s return from boarding school as well as a new threat to the city.”

The episode will feature “documentary footage” captured by a BTS crew and interviews from those who have worked alongside the Green Arrow — and it will all be narrated via the dulcet tones of Frasier Crane Kelsey Grammer.

You have failed these scrambled eggs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kind of sad it's not Fraiser going to Oliver asking for help to stop his estranged brother. Or just captured the wrong Dr. Crane

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 18, 2019

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm Emiiko, an over my head lone vigilante almost getting killed while trying to figure out, track down, and kill the person responsible for my mother's death. I'm also Emiiko, head of an all powerful shadowy bad guy group with near unlimited resources.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Who keeps letting John Barrowman into the building?
https://twitter.com/JohnBarrowman/status/1163295041584095232

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Xelkelvos posted:

The way he's framing it is WB asking him to reprise his role, but at an unspecified date with an unspecified role (other than as Lex) and no discussion of the amount of money offered. And WB wants an answer immediately. Which, yeah, sounds kinda lovely.

This sounds like it's 10x the production hell that the second crossover was and they could barely pull that off. I'm assuming they are just getting whatever commits they can from whoever they can and then figuring it what to do with someone once they have them in hand. They probably don't have the runway to wait for an actor to waffle around and they probably don't want to bother wasting time writing a role or scene for someone that might just decide to pass on the whole thing

So yeah, a little lovely but probably the only way they are going to pull off something like this

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

howe_sam posted:

So let's see, next episode is League of Assassins bullshit which tracks with season 3, that means episode four will be magic, episode five the cost of vigilantism, episode six...ugh Diaz, seven timelines colliding maybe? And then crisis?

Can't wait for Diaz to reveal he's already infiltrated Crisis