Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why was the Ray from Earth 1? That didn't make any sense.

The animated series will probably explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope he kept that body on ice so he can fake his death more easily.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t keep dressing it up.

Like a french maid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What? Only three episodes left?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

And they axed the live action debut of Harley Quinn in the Arrowverse for it. From the sound of it they also torpedoed Harley's debut on Gotham too, because I seem to recall the producers of that show spent all this year going "wait till you see who we got to play Harley Quinn, you're going to love it, she'll be showing up by the end of the season" and then the season came and went and Harley was nowhere to be found.

I don't recall any of that about Gotham, they were kind of teasing that Barbara might become Harley as I recall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There were people who only knew John Stewart as GL when the film came out and were puzzled by the film being about Hal Jordan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ojjeorago posted:

One Superman has a mustache so he’s totally different.

One is also very tiny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

For anyone over the age of 30 Hal was the Green Lantern you grew up with which means he's THE Green Lantern in the eyes of most in the decision makers. Then you have the thing where Kyle only really exists as a fallout of Hal, and even John and Guy kind of play off of Hal and the Corp as a whole, and bringing Hal back a decade later and Hal's probably been the most consistently present grand total. John probably did get established with people who watched the cartoon but that's probably a relatively small drop in the bucket, or at least they probably assume it is.

I don't know. I'm not a marketing exec. I just know as much as I probably rather see a John or even Kyle interpretation and would even probably get a kick out of Guy in the right Legends of Tomorrow type of setting its never surprised me in any way that Hal is the first choice and I would be surprised if he got passed over for another GL.

I'm 39 and Kyle Rayner debuted when I was 15.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean... that's what I said? I was 14 when he debuted. That means the guy I knew as Green Lantern when I started reading comics and the guy I had little toys of was Hal. Granted, maybe your teen years reading left a bigger impression on you than my childhood years, so "grew up with" was kind of an open ended phrase to go with. My bad. But the point is we both knew Hal as "Green Lantern" and remember Kyle coming along later.

Prior to Kyle the guy I knew as GL was GUY. Guy was in the JLA book, he was the main GL to me. I started reading GL on a monthly basis because of Kyle Rayner being cool and accessible, he's the gL I grew up with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yellow ring Guy was a great idea but barely a year later they decided to kill off the Corps to make the new GL special and thus, Guy's ring had to go. Amazingly his book ran two more years after that. They had a good direction for him with the GLC series, making him the Honor Guard Lantern with no assigned sector but they barely did anything with that and then N52 happened and they rewrote his entire history.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Guy has ruled in every incarnation.

It might be time for another Guy Gardner avatar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kjetting posted:

Since we didn't have the Green Lantern comics in my country when I grew up, Justice League was my introduction to the corps, and I never knew there were any Green Lanterns that weren't Guy Gardner.

This is the world I want to live in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

What a disappointing piece of poo poo movie, and I even dressed as the movie version of the Spirit for Halloween that year (before seeing the movie) as a low-effort costume. Everyone thought I was Zorro.

You just reminded me that I am now a blue mask and fedora away from a legit Spirit costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pretty spiffy new headquarters set they got there. I wonder if Ollie gave them their suits or if this means Renee will be back in the proper Wildcat costume.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

including a main character who has tried to bang several other Arrowverse heroes’ mothers/grandmothers,

I feel like Nate is a goon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone on this show is a moron. Whaddup

Thea's coma seems to have smarted her up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Digital Jedi posted:

Every time Rene says "hoss" I want to punch him in the face.

I stopped liking him once he changed his uniform.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

I don't know, that camera didn't just turn itself off. Other Hacker Girl could be a mole. I mean, this town ain't big enough for two Felicities...

Just wait, the villain of season 7 is going to be Evil Felicity from Earth 23.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lance should call John so he can summon original Laurel's soul from hell and implant it in Evil Laurel's body.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They don't care about the comics. They take key names and toss them in a blender.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I already solved the Black Siren problem.

She dies. While dead she encounters original Laurels soul, they fight, she goes to hell and our Laurel comes back.

Bring in John to smooth poo poo out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess they junked Roy's suit at some point?

Oh and that cop Curtis asked out is totally dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Team Arrow is so poor they had to slice up Roy's suit to make Thea's I guess? But yeah, Colton being visibly fatter is probably the reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I spent the last year getting healthy and fit, lost 51 pounds. Having seen the facial change in myself it was the first thing I noticed with Roy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks, I was really just making a point about how weight changes are more visible in your face I wasn't trying to brag. :)

Amell is on FB fanboying over meeting Tom Welling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He was fat as poo poo two years ago. He's looking a lot better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The casting call for Superman on Supergirl really lit a fire under Welling's rear end. He hit the gym and it may not have gotten him that role but he pulled his rear end back together and it paid off with the role on Lucifer and now he's being invited to cons again. If he can keep himself from being a dick he might have a pretty good future in front of him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Lord Bude posted:

I was going to say that Welling hadn't aged gracefully at all; but then I realised that Smallville started nearly 17 years ago - It makes me feel really old. I like him on Lucifer.

He's only 41. AFter his career hid the skids I heard he drank himself down pretty far. He looked like poo poo right when Arrow was starting up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't Arrow start the season after Smallville ended?

There was a Green Arrow project in pre production and Justin Hartley was attached at the time. He was pretty lovely over not being a part of the show for a couple years. But I'm sure being on This is Us has made him chill out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sigh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Willa Holland is officially done and one place made it sound like she wasn't interested in coming back so we can probably assume we'll never see Roy again either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well the difference being people will actually miss Wentworth Miller.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mooseontheloose posted:

Willa Holland is fun and actually made Thea likable after the 1st season, which was a triumph. Her character kinda just hit a brick wall.

And even she knew it which is probably why she wanted fewer episodes.

I wonder if the rumor of Diggle dying is gonna pan out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

If nothing else, they need to make this properly canon

https://twitter.com/katrinalaw/status/968651848222523393

That's amazing.

Amell made a FB post about season 7, dude's just humble as poo poo. And then he's a huge cocktease and posts a pic with Colin Donnell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope Dig ain't gonna die.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nooneofconsequence posted:

This season sucks and is dumb.

CW.txt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that's weird as hell but a welcome change. Really worried about Dig's future now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

I wonder if they had those old costumes still sitting around or if they actually had to recreate them.

They hang on to everything that could be considered iconic. There were at least three hero suits in season one as one of them was on tour for a while and another was on display at the WB Studios.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If this whole season is just to lead us back to the Hood I'm gonna bail on next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

You've said that the last 3 seasons. You're not going anywhere, coward.

Each condition of my quitting was never met. That eye makeup is just stupid!