Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Klungar posted:

My wife and I both came away with the impression based on her last little speech that the FBI agent is playing some long con to convince Ollie to public announce that he's the Green Arrow and be a true public hero, rather than a shadowy vigilante.

That was actually the impression I got from that last conversation as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

My conspiracy theory is that the FBI agent is trying to get Oliver to go public as the Green Arrow, and is BSing the DA into pressing charges on all the murders and assaults they can solidly pin on him so that the case gets dismissed/withdrawn and Oliver is protected by double jeopardy.

I have no idea if that makes legal sense, but I'm confident the show doesn't either.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I gotta say, I thought Ollie had more of a plan with the explosives and the warehouse and stuff, considering how they lured all the bad guys there. Didn't think it was just an elaborate escape plan.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The whole "Star City is a terrible place to live" was a pretty major plot point a season or two ago, and a big part of why Ollie ran for mayor in the first place. And besides, it has nothing on Central City in terms of potential for random catastrophic danger.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

I care less about the lovely actor from Oz than I do about how ridiculous the whole “broken team” plot is.

I mean, Dinah is on the warpath and they’re still all “gently caress you oliver.”

Rene has really become insufferable. "You spied on me for a whole day, just because you thought I was betraying you to the FBI and not telling you about it? That's too far! Also yeah, you're right, I was doing exactly that and apparently still am even though the trial has pretty much completely stopped and the FBI agent has disappeared."

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

It really is astounding how unsympathetic the Outsiders are. Are we supposed to be thinking that Ollie and the Originals are in the wrong here? Because Rene as I understand it is still preparing to testify against Oliver in open court, and even his severe injury at Oliver's hands came after Ollie literally said "Last chance, stay down," which Curtis even witnessed!

They certainly seem to have taken it far enough that it's hard to imagine the team ever really coming back together, so I'm at least curious where they plan to go from here.

As for the money, Laurel almost certainly doesn't have it, but if you're wounded and a superhero wants to kill you it's best to pretend like you have leverage long enough for the other superheroes to get you out of town.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

I want everyone on this show who's not Thea or Laurel to go away... which is ironic because I think Willa Holland doesn't want to be on this show anymore either :v:

I'm thinking the reintroduction of the League might be their way of writing Thea off the show. A group of Malcolm loyalists (which is really all that's left of the League anyway) track down his daughter to make her the same offer Ra's made to Oliver, Thea takes the opportunity to use the league to find her purpose and to take Roy to Nanda Parbat where he doesn't have to live like a fugitive.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

And also like that wouldn't provide some solid proof of her corruption if Ollie mad the accusation.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Very strange considering his character left with Thea; who will no longer be on the show. I wonder how it's going to work story wise?

"I don't know what happened, Thea and Nyssa started spending a lot of time together, and then one day Thea said she needed some space. Weird, huh? Anyway, I'm back!"

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

As someone who legitimately really enjoyed the League of Assassins stuff in S3, yeah, this is definitely the worst season. The team breakup storyline had some potential but has been handled in just the most terrible way.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

As I recall, the FBI agent was pinning the Hood's murders on Oliver by claiming Harper was obviously acting at Oliver's direction.

It is pretty dumb that the feds would go state's-witness with the guy they believed actually committed murders as the Hood so they could successfully prosecute the guy who took over and didn't kill anybody, but whatever. Par for the course.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

So I guess the Longbow Hunters thing was just a set-up for next season?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

Swanky cgi hair is a nightmare... hardly anyone has ever got it right. So long as she hot and can act, i'm good.

She's stunning.

Inhumans was smart enough to not even try past the first episode

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

As speculated earlier in the thread, I really doubt Diaz makes it too far into the season. He's perfectly primed to be the guy that the new Big Bad kills to make an entrance.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I've only ever seen her in Orange is the New Black, and I wasn't terribly impressed with her there. Do we have any examples of her doing an American accent? Or are they just going to have an Australian Batwoman?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I admit, I did laugh at the fact that Oliver dramatically locked Diaz up...in the one cell that, because of Oliver's little homemade bomb, doesn't actually lock anymore.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Them flipping the opening VO was really something I wanted them to do on both shows but I'm at least happy we got it in this episode. I guess the Flash intro involves more effects shots from prior seasons, plus if they flipped this season's they'd have to get Nora in which opens a whole new can of worms, whereas all the Arrow intro requires is Barry to work out in prison and fight some people.

Plus when the Flash intro aired, the body swap hadn't technically happened yet

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I know they didn't want people to get confused by the constant jumps in time but it was still goofy to have "earlier in the night" sepia toned.

Eh, I think it also worked given the "unreliable narrator" element

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Rosenbaum has said that yes, he was asked but he turned it down.

I mean, he's free to do whatever makes him happy, but it's kind of weird how hard he's trying to make WB seem like assholes there.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

TwoPair posted:

See, I don't like how everyone calls it a "crisis", period. It feels so... unnatural. It's normal for the Monitor because he's a weird alien (and maybe Oliver because he's been hanging out with the Monitor for a while) but I feel like normal humans would use other words. Like "a disaster is coming" or "an event" or something. Right now it seems like a really weird marketing move just to remind the audience "Hey, guys, remember that CRISIS (on infinite earths) TM is coming soon!" to drive it home, lest anyone forget it.

Well I think the heroes just call it that because their first exposure to it was a big headline that just said "Flash Vanishes in Crisis." So basically the whole reason for the awkward-sounding name is Iris' future editor trying to save space in a headline.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

This season is such an incredible wrap-up, I love it.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Season still real good, y'all

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

Same.

Also, I'm 99% certain that the big boss is gonna be Talia or Nyssa or possibly a revamped Rose Wilson

The real curveball would be Thea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

If the Arrow Beyond spin-off doesn't get picked up, I hope they resolve the cliffhanger on Legends or something by just having it be that same John Byrne guy again, now out of prison for kidnapping 20 years later.