Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I use dark mode at all times everywhere. My desktop and background images are eye searing yellow oranges. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Former DILF posted:

i use a setup identical to the one the Woz uses, it scrapes all images and html out and saves the bare text which i then access remotely

I use lynx to browse the forms. The headers and footers are kind of a bitch tbh

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Walrus posted:

its true also if you do dark mode and then use a screen dimming app its nice to read right before bed and go to sleep as you read great posts from your gbs friends

Is f.lux better than the version that is part of windows display settings now? I'm thinking it's more configurable but don't know about its use of system resources either way

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

We Know Catheters posted:

F.lux is fine and doesn't really use any resources

I noticed it can chug pretty hard if I log in at the wrong time of day and it decides to transition while everything is still loading

• Locked thread