Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Inuyashiki is a story of an old looking man and a young boy turned into robots

why? i guess you'll just have to watch and find out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEQe5xvsv8w

the manga is by the writer of gantz, but don't worry! it's actually good! it's also being done by studio mappa,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopHDc7RYMs

it airs tomorrow (friday the 13th of october)

oh, also it has president trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Condiv posted:

the manga is by the writer of gantz, but don't worry! it's actually good!
did you finish it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Condiv posted:

oh, also it has president trump!

cool

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Relin posted:

did you finish it

yes

i liked the ending

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Oh this is like example number one of a cool idea being just demolished in execution. Maybe the anime will correct it, but it becomes a nonsensical edgy mess after like a volume.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

just watched the first episode

they really rushed through that stuff, dunno how that bodes for the rest

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this show has a good dog in it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Grondoth posted:

Oh this is like example number one of a cool idea being just demolished in execution. Maybe the anime will correct it, but it becomes a nonsensical edgy mess after like a volume.

Creator of Gantz? Nonsensical edgy mess?

Sounds pretty consistent to me.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
Goodness!

I hope they explain a bit more in detail in the anime since the manga ending seemed a bit rushed/lame.

Looks like it is Amazon Prime only anime? Am I reading that right?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This is a really cool premise that I dig and it worries me that it's by the Gantz author. It's already way more sincere than I'd have expected though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Well, that got dark. :stonklol:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Jesus gently caress, that poor family... The worst was probably the poor little kid drowning, but the scenes with the teenage daughter were nearly as bad. :smith:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Time to settle in for episode 2 of cool grandp-

:suspense:

Well.... that uh... huh...

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CrashScreen posted:

This is a really cool premise that I dig and it worries me that it's by the Gantz author. It's already way more sincere than I'd have expected though.

With that in mind it's somewhat funny that the psycho kid hates Gantz.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
After Ep 1: Hm okay this seems like an interesting take, I guess it could be good. I'll give it a couple episodes.
After Ep 2: :stonk:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

Time to settle in for episode 2 of cool grandp-

:suspense:

Well.... that uh... huh...

is that like in a good way or

Kashuno posted:

After Ep 1: Hm okay this seems like an interesting take, I guess it could be good. I'll give it a couple episodes.
After Ep 2: :stonk:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

where the red fern gropes posted:

is that like in a good way or

it's good

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i'm feeling better about the pacing in episode 2. episode 1 felt a bit rushed but they really nailed this one

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Well. That was absolutely hosed up. Seriously. The kid drowning in bathwater dyed with his dad's blood got me the most.

Aug 24, 2011

episode one was nice, some parts went by a bit fast and i don't quite understand how/why they happened but i get the general gist of it

Aug 24, 2011

:allbuttons:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ah, so you watched episode 2 then?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

This episode better not disappoint because that emote is incredible

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ViggyNash posted:

This episode better not disappoint because that emote is incredible

It...may make you feel disappointed in humanity?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

It...may make you feel disappointed in humanity?

I watched it am disappointed at how goddamn edgy and angsty this show wants to be for no good reason.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
one piece fans confirmed psychopaths

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

I watched it am disappointed at how goddamn edgy and angsty this show wants to be for no good reason.

I mean the show will have to continue for a firm judgment, but I didn't feel like the show did that for pure shock value. It seems to be doing it to setup a parallel, the aged dude selflessly saving others vs. the young poo poo selfishly doing whatever makes him feel good.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Genocyber posted:

I mean the show will have to continue for a firm judgment, but I didn't feel like the show did that for pure shock value. It seems to be doing it to setup a parallel, the aged dude selflessly saving others vs. the young poo poo selfishly doing whatever makes him feel good.

It's also interesting that the kid picked up on his new abilities much faster than the old man, who was so set in his ways that he still uses his car.

Aug 24, 2011

There Bias Two posted:

It's also interesting that the kid picked up on his new abilities much faster than the old man, who was so set in his ways that he still uses his car.

old guy driving a car is more of a menace than anything that kid did

who's the real monster here

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
lol

I just finished episode 1 and well guess I have to watch episode 2 immediately.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hey goons what's this anime li- :yikes:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

old guy driving a car is more of a menace than anything that kid did

who's the real monster here

lol

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

lol

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Okay this is funny out of context.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I'm assuming everyone picked up on the references and similarities to Kurosawa's "Ikiru" in the first episode? They're pretty blunt about it. If you haven't seen it it's a great movie.

edit: oh man I gotta start the manga.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 21, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Every teenager in this show is evil except the one who's a fan of the author's previous manga.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The One Piece clip is gonna make me start watching this show and I haven't even started half of the like eight I've already picked up. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

not sure how i feel about a scifi sequel to inuyasha but im gonna try and have an open mind

• Locked thread