Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Finally got around to watching the second episode after hearing how difficult was and oofa doofa that was rough, but also cool. I really dug the cyborg body horror from the OP and first episode and the hard turn into just straight horror/thriller in this one.

Probably gonna jump on the manga for this since im real into it. It's surprisingly short so hopefully it can hold itself together better than what I've heard about Gantz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

an actual dog posted:

Every teenager in this show is evil except the one who's a fan of the author's previous manga.

I know this was just a joke, but the random family slaughter target's daughter was portrayed neutrally.

Anyways, cool show concept. It's a tough one to execute, but it seems good enough so far.

I like how they waste no time letting us compare the two usages of their bodies and outcomes of their "victims".

I also desperately hope the series ends with the aliens coming back on orders of their supervisors and writing an apology letter for slacking off on the job lol

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

I also desperately hope the series ends with the aliens coming back on orders of their supervisors and writing an apology letter for slacking off on the job lol

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl (2006)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

latest episode was good. we got some topless grandpa

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Man, Hiro's just chilling in a way I haven't seen in anime before.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

wonder if the grandpa will go topless every episode

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

where the red fern gropes posted:

wonder if the grandpa will go topless every episode

Hot, Topless Grandpas In Your Area! They're Just Waiting For You To Visit Them And Ask How Your Day Was

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I don't think I've ever seen (03) someone just walk into a hospital and start vigilante healing everyone, like some Marvel Universe character mixed with actual Jesus, but props to this show for doing it I guess, it was p funny.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I quite enjoyed him getting psyched up with Astro Boy and then pulling an "Greatest American Hero" with his poo poo flying. Also I'm glad they didn't kill the cat; at least some animals will get to survive in this anime.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

discworld is all I read posted:

I quite enjoyed him getting psyched up with Astro Boy and then pulling an "Greatest American Hero" with his poo poo flying. Also I'm glad they didn't kill the cat; at least some animals will get to survive in this anime.

I get the feeling a turning point in the MCs attitude will be when the kid kills his dog.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Man, Hiro's just chilling in a way I haven't seen in anime before.

I think part of it is most of the time villains are either over the top or their backstory is explained as some tragic thing. Hiro's backstory is "I have always been this way I just have the power to act on it now" which is really unsettling.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oof, man, something about the last scene in this episode just hits really hard somehow? I think the fact that it's just sound makes it even more chilling.

Aug 24, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oof, man, something about the last scene in this episode just hits really hard somehow? I think the fact that it's just sound makes it even more chilling.

he didnt shoot them though

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

I can't believe hiro keeps finger banging entire families :stonk:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was hilariously edgy. I'm considering dropping the show after that mess of an episode.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lmfao.

Aug 24, 2011

:geno:

anyone watching this episode, feel free to skip to 10 minutes in, and just accept that the really tall indian dude is an evil bad guy. you are not missing anything.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Episode 4...... That was some NTR poo poo.

Robogramps Lazer Circussing all of the yakuza's eyes out was pretty sweet though.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Yeah, I can never get enough of the old guy's fighting style and how they represent it. It starts off as goofy flailing...then it pops into slow mo when he connects and bodies just start corkscrewing. But yeah, once he's no longer in control and the inner entity takes over things get real. It seems like the entity just wants to facilitate whatever the person wants and does so to an extreme measure.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The sole moral actors in the world are old men. Women and young people are all monsters unless they're victims.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
If I was vaguely interested in Gantz will I like this?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tulalip Tulips posted:

If I was vaguely interested in Gantz will I like this?

Vaguely. (just watch/read it and decide by yourself, it's pretty different from Gantz)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

That episode was hilarious. The author did everything short of literally posting red flags in every scene. The editing and timing of all of the climactic shots was spot on. My stomach hurts from how much I was laughing.

This show is fantastically entertaining in a way I was not expecting.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

AnacondaHL posted:

That episode was hilarious. The author did everything short of literally posting red flags in every scene. The editing and timing of all of the climactic shots was spot on. My stomach hurts from how much I was laughing.

This show is fantastically entertaining in a way I was not expecting.

What do you mean by red flags?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

What do you mean by red flags?

Like death flags, but instead of death it was like *WARNING BAD STUFF ABOUT TO HAPPEN TO YOU*

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
HOMING LASER

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Was anyone else expecting to hear "bang" at that end of that episode?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Was anyone else expecting to hear "bang" at that end of that episode?

Yeah, I was waiting for them to both be shot in the head after happily reuniting.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eh this episode was kinda generic and weak but I think it's mostly just there as a breather episode after how harsh the previous two were. Hope we go back to psycho kid soon though.

Aug 24, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Eh this episode was kinda generic and weak but I think it's mostly just there as a breather episode after how harsh the previous two were. Hope we go back to psycho kid soon though.

this episode would have been a lot more interesting if it was the psycho kid who did the saving

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Infinity Gaia posted:

How was this episode any less harsh than the other two?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The thing that gets me about the psycho kid is he just kills random people in the most uncreative way possible, meanwhile old man renders the entire yakuza blind and paralysed, left to suffer the entire rest of their lives unable to do anything for themselves. While yes, it is the Yakuza, holy poo poo man!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

The thing that gets me about the psycho kid is he just kills random people in the most uncreative way possible, meanwhile old man renders the entire yakuza blind and paralysed, left to suffer the entire rest of their lives unable to do anything for themselves. While yes, it is the Yakuza, holy poo poo man!

So you're saying that my old boy Inuyashiki is cool while psycho kid is lame? Well, yes!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

trucutru posted:

So you're saying that my old boy Inuyashiki is cool while psycho kid is lame? Well, yes!

Well, I'm thinking that maybe Inuyashiki thinks he's walking the path of light, but is actually going to divert onto the path of Light.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Got to catch episode 4 today and holy poo poo. It seems like the entity inside is pretty much willing to put a stop to any threat even future ones (yakuza dude says someon in the yakuza will come for him, so he completely crippled every single person who saw him). But topless grandpa is getting kinda close to the “ends don’t justify The means” kinda poo poo by leaving them all alive and not giving a poo poo about it at all. Blinded by justice for sure. Can’t wait for psycho kid to be like “heh you think you’re better than me at least I just end them and don’t torture them”

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Well, I'm thinking that maybe Inuyashiki thinks he's walking the path of light, but is actually going to divert onto the path of Light.

:golfclap:

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
I found a good deal of odd humor in the fact the big bad yakuza in this episode was voiced by the same guy who does Kazuma Kiryu.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It was pretty weird hearing Kiryu's voice actor making some of those threats.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Yeah, Kiryu's a cool and good yakuza dude.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

I liked how they did the confession scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm confused about Hiro's motivations in light of the last episode. How is he so utterly callous and...alien toward strangers and acquaintances, yet deeply cares for his family?

• Locked thread