Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Picnics?
Yes, they are for connecting with your family&friends in the great outdoors over a meal.
I have never been to a picnic before, and most likely never will.
Why is the OP so mad about picnics?
View Results

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Seriously, what's the point of a picnic? Who plans picnics in 2017?

Yeah, lemme just spend an entire day planning about how to fit as much food and beverages in a basket without smashing it just so my family and friends can eat a bunch of sandwiches and chips in some loving field. And it's all on some ugly cloth that everybody needs to huddle over so you don't get torn apart by ants and other stinging insects because you spilled a bunch of crumbs on the grass and dirt and are drawing them to you.

Is it just to go outside? You can do that and get some cardio by, you know, walking around and not sitting on your fat rear end eating egg salad. Is it to eat things in a fancy environment? In that case, do you really need to drive an hour to some field to do so?

What is the point of a picnic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you enjoy the nice weather with friends and or family and eat some nice sandwiches, maybe throw the frisbee around you drat shut in dork

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

It's something wealthy white people used to do 400 years ago when there was gently caress all else to do and now it's like traditional or something I dunno

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
It makes the woman-folk happy.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

most "picnics" now are usually one person bringing pretty good food to the park and then a bunch of lazy moocher friends bringing booze and not contributing to the actual food part of the "eat food in the park" aspect of picnics

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I've never planned a picnic really, they're just kind of a natural consequence of spending a day outdoors. I like to spend time hiking up in the Blue Ridge a couple times a year and generally bring a cooler with some stuff to make sandwiches so that I can head back to the car around noon and eat before going to another spot. It's nice.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it’s like just chop up some bacon and green onions and toss them in with some cheddar mashed potatoes and take a can of gravy in a backpack and hamfist wads of gravy dipped greaseballs down your loving gob as you hike you 18th century simpleton. :catbert:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
has anyone ever used one of those rusty bbqs they set up in parks?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
sometimes when i feel a good poo coming on i like to hold it for a while and make myself a sandwich to bring into the bathroom just to treat myself a little and thats sort of a picnic

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ants are actually very clean and a good source of protein

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

poverty goat posted:

Kind of tangy, like lemony. :munch:

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

It's to establish yourself as the alpha in your group of friends by showing you're way better at throwing a football/frisbee/whatever. And also to day drink.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Picnics are the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. At picnics you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the picnic motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
A picnic is basically a BBQ where nobody owns a grill or knows how to how to use one and also you hate yourself and your family

treerat
Oct 4, 2005
up here so high i start to shake up here so high the sky i scrape

Honky Dong Country posted:

I've never planned a picnic really, they're just kind of a natural consequence of spending a day outdoors. I like to spend time hiking up in the Blue Ridge a couple times a year and generally bring a cooler with some stuff to make sandwiches so that I can head back to the car around noon and eat before going to another spot. It's nice.

yeah, a picnic is a thing you have while doing another thing that brings you outside. going outside just to have the picnic would make it seem lame. go outside more, op, you will learn these things.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
when you attend a picnic and time starts running in reverse, you are actually attending a cincip.

participators in said cincip will then start vomiting up perfectly formed cucumber sandwiches and slices of gruyere cheese before excusing themselves to allow poop to vanish into their anus

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

poverty goat posted:

if more kids aint ants as children we wouldnt have so many allergic to formic acid

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Picnics are for having a light lunch in nice weather on a grassy hill and then running around with your dog like an idiot and laying on your back looking up out of breath afterwards.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

KakerMix posted:

Picnics are for having a light lunch in nice weather on a grassy hill and then running around with your dog like an idiot and laying on your back looking up out of breath afterwards.

goons hate all these things except for lunch though the thought of a light lunch sends them into a fit

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's pretty simple. you take food outside and eat it for the enjoyment of eating in a different location. good luck going on a date with a fat girl op i hope the information i've given was useful to you (to get fat poosay)

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
You know the phrase "it's no walk in the park?" Picnics are an actual "walk in the park", but they sound like a lot of work so perhaps a walk in the park is "no walk in the park." Really makes you think.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Pack some nice cheeses and quality cured meats and bread and a bottle of wine, and take a lady friend out for a picnic.

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

EorayMel posted:

Yeah, lemme just spend an entire day planning about how to fit as much food and beverages in a basket without smashing it just so my family and friends can eat a bunch of sandwiches and chips in some loving field. And it's all on some ugly cloth that everybody needs to huddle over so you don't get torn apart by ants and other stinging insects because you spilled a bunch of crumbs on the grass and dirt and are drawing them to you.

Is it just to go outside? You can do that and get some cardio by, you know, walking around and not sitting on your fat rear end eating egg salad. Is it to eat things in a fancy environment? In that case, do you really need to drive an hour to some field to do so?

This is one of those things you read and as you do you pull it apart and the poster is the loving loser.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

This is one of those things you read and as you do you pull it apart and the poster is the loving loser.

Ya ok Jeff

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Why would anyone want to enjoy the outdoors or do any activity out there?

-Goons

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Too eat food and be attacked by wasps at the same time

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Hector Beerlioz posted:

has anyone ever used one of those rusty bbqs they set up in parks?

I use them for bbqs

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

ambient robot posted:

A picnic is basically a BBQ where nobody owns a grill or knows how to how to use one and also you hate yourself and your family

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

EorayMel posted:

Picnics are stupid as hell and the Punisher's family was killed during one so that goes to prove our theory that picnics are the worst.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I hear heroin is pretty good, OP. I want to try ir but my life is also pretty good without it. Some girls will blow you if you give them heroin.

Same with picnics.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
heroin is lame. get on the cocaine train

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Depending on where you live it's totally fine to buy and use heroin at the park

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Having sex in the park. hth OP.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

Picnics are stupid as hell and the Punisher's family was killed during one so that goes to prove our theory that picnics are the worst.

The Punisher sounds a lot cooler saying his origin was the murder of his family than he would saying "a picnic went badly"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Milo and POTUS posted:

goons hate all these things except for lunch though the thought of a light lunch sends them into a fit

"Out of breath? I do that cardio when I climb up the stairs from my basement :smuggo:" - the op, right now, 2017

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wow cool I'm eating outside! Mmm facing the elements and bugs while eating cold food from a bucket, geeze how can I do this more often

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

goons wonder why people go outside, news at 11

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

EorayMel posted:

It's how people in more refined times got laid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i use it as a dry run of my "poo poo hits the fan" "bug-out" scenario. you can fit quite a few MREs into a picnic basket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Who the gently caress eats food? Tubs of whey protein powder is all you loving need.

• Locked thread