Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Picnics?
Yes, they are for connecting with your family&friends in the great outdoors over a meal.
I have never been to a picnic before, and most likely never will.
Why is the OP so mad about picnics?
View Results

• Locked thread
Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

dont ever touch me, im fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
To answer this question one must first ask: what the gently caress is the point of life? The answer to both these questions is simple: to eat food off of a blanket. Namaste.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
cheese, crackers, beer, hummus, a fat spliff, a blanket, sunshine, a girl

thats like.. not even nice, its literally perfection. what more could you ask for

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I would like to see a Goon Jerry Seinfeld act.

"What's the deal with picnics? Who is going to these things? Chads? By the way did you know Chads are real?"

"What's the deal with going outside? And why even bring a child anywhere, not like they'll remember it."

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it's romantic dumb fuq

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

thats like.. not even nice, its literally perfection. what more could you ask for

the same scenario, but darkness instead of sunshine

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Let's just loving go to loving Carl's Jr. gently caress

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
only bad thing about picanics is getting caught loving under a blanket and now im on a list thanks picanics

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kuato posted:

I would like to see a Goon Jerry Seinfeld act.

"What's the deal with picnics? Who is going to these things? Chads? By the way did you know Chads are real?"

"What's the deal with going outside? And why even bring a child anywhere, not like they'll remember it."

What's the deal with sandwiches by the way, you've got your bread, THAT'S a given, and you know there's going to be meat in there, and then............... More bread! Who's asking for more bread? Was the first bread just not enough?
*Jerry pauses to wait for an actual answer. As he does, the camera pans out to show that he's facing a brick wall in a dark deserted club*

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
the op reads a lot like a GBS AI

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sometimes you go outside in a place that is far from restaurants and your house so you bring your own food!!! Pretty hosed up I know.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't know what your idea of a picnic is but it's generally a gathering of friends and loved ones that go outside and enjoy a bunch of really good food and possibly do some fun outdoor activities. Generally drinking during the day and having fun. It doesn't have to be at a park. It can just be in someone's back yard.

Who the gently caress hasn't been to a picnic besides a retarded shut-in? And that's coming from me. It's basically synonymous with a BBQ unless you're thinking of the whole taking the wicker basket with a little lady wearing a bow in her hair and a throwing a quilt down on the rolling hills filled with dandelions that literally doesn't happen except in movies.

Also who the gently caress doesn't know how to use a grill? Turn propane on. Light. Cook food on it. Of if you want to be fancy... Put charcoal in grill. Light. Cook food on it.

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.

The Walrus posted:

Somewhere to swim and sex and a nice view too. Picnics are how I gauge my summer. Even a bag of chips and a wank can make a great day out.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
heh, hehand get this, why the FFUUCCKK would you waste your time by getting together with friendsheh to eat??? YOU   HAVE FOOD  at YOUR HOUSE, DUMBASS!!     heh             heh

juust EAT  THE  FOOD on your ownownown time and SAVE EVERYONE else the misery ofheh WATCHING YOUR FAT FUCKASS FACE gobblegobbleGOBBLE the    heinous quantities oF poo pooheh you   shove l     into your GODDAMNheh MAW EVERY GODDAMN DAY !!

heh

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

heh, hehand get this, why the FFUUCCKK would you waste your time by getting together with friendsheh to eat??? YOU   HAVE FOOD  at YOUR HOUSE, DUMBASS!!     heh             heh

juust EAT  THE  FOOD on your ownownown time and SAVE EVERYONE else the misery ofheh WATCHING YOUR FAT FUCKASS FACE gobblegobbleGOBBLE the    heinous quantities oF poo pooheh you   shove l     into your GODDAMNheh MAW EVERY GODDAMN DAY !!

heh

this is potentially the most irritating post ever, congrats

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't know what your idea of a picnic is but it's generally a gathering of friends and loved ones that go outside and enjoy a bunch of really good food and possibly do some fun outdoor activities. Generally drinking during the day and having fun. It doesn't have to be at a park. It can just be in someone's back yard.

Who the gently caress hasn't been to a picnic besides a retarded shut-in? And that's coming from me. It's basically synonymous with a BBQ unless you're thinking of the whole taking the wicker basket with a little lady wearing a bow in her hair and a throwing a quilt down on the rolling hills filled with dandelions that literally doesn't happen except in movies.

Also who the gently caress doesn't know how to use a grill? Turn propane on. Light. Cook food on it. Of if you want to be fancy... Put charcoal in grill. Light. Cook food on it.

uh if you are grilling things its a barbecue not a picnic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Rutibex posted:

uh if you are grilling things its a barbecue not a picnic

What if I brought grilled chicken wings to a picnic? Is the only difference between a BBQ and a picnic a grill?

Same thing. Just add heat.

Can I bring BBQ baked beans in a crock pot to a picnic?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If I'm at a picnic and then someone wants to grill something it's no longer a picnic and someone loving ruined it for everyone and now it's a BBQ?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
No alcohol. Day 11.

gently caress everyone and everything.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

heh

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

gently caress everyone and everything.

Now this guy knows how to picnic!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Picnics are society's preferred way to litter everywhere and ruin nature (seriously, clean up after yourselves you fuckheads)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I live a short walk from the Columbia river and often just pack some sandwiches and eat em in the park with a gf, it's just a nice way to spend time with someone you enjoy.

I feel like most people don't know how to/suck at lighting charcoal. It's not really difficult but you do sorta have to understand it to manage them properly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like most people don't know how to/suck at lighting charcoal. It's not really difficult but you do sorta have to understand it to manage them properly.

Honestly those charcoal chimney starters are pretty cool. At least for the fact that they get them all going at once and you don't have to worry about one side burning faster than the other right when you start out.

I took my meds a couple of hours ago btw so everything is cool now. I need a med change ASAP. Tomorrow actually.

BBQs/picnics are cool. I'm guessing they won't be now that I'm not drinking though. Going to miss a family wedding in a few weeks.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

heh

House of Cheetos

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

i'm convinced that these gbs threads where the op fails to understand extremely basic concepts are all started by aliens

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

why is it that humans spend so much time adding ingredients to "food" and make "meals" rather than consuming nutrient slurry? surely this is less efficient and therefore suboptimal

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a form of declaring property rights for your tribe, with the purpose of denying it to other tribes, similar to golf courses. By claiming a large piece of unused land to be a "park", you are denying it to members of other tribes that would like to develop that land so their population can grow and eventually outnumber yours.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I like to go to a quiet park and order a pizza

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m tellin ya, bag of mashed potato balls, jar of canned gravy in a rucksack and you got yerself a nice little picnic. No untensils, use the jar for a piss bottle later. :shrug:

Ham Sandwitch
Oct 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I took my girlfriend to a picnic for our third date and i got laid later that night. You should try it op.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

outside is nice, food is nice, company is nice

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't know about picnics but I do know about hooking up with a friend in a park

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Honestly those charcoal chimney starters are pretty cool. At least for the fact that they get them all going at once and you don't have to worry about one side burning faster than the other right when you start out.
Chimney's are great and I like small charcoal grills for just a regular dinner. Just sayin that I think people who know how to light and maintain coal grills are p rare nowadays, it's something simple like changing a tire but it's a lost art.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

qkkl posted:

It's a form of declaring property rights for your tribe, with the purpose of denying it to other tribes, similar to golf courses. By claiming a large piece of unused land to be a "park", you are denying it to members of other tribes that would like to develop that land so their population can grow and eventually outnumber yours.

im grunting and squawking at the neighboring population

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Get stoned, enjoy some nature, eat food

Pretty fool proof plan

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I’m tellin ya, bag of mashed potato balls, jar of canned gravy in a rucksack and you got yerself a nice little picnic. No untensils, use the jar for a piss bottle later. :shrug:

Gimme ur ball recipe

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
OP is walking down the beach when he spots a family cooking out and throwing a frisbee in the surf on a beautiful sunday afternoon. He recoils, draws his cape up over his face and hisses

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Stexils posted:

why is it that humans spend so much time adding ingredients to "food" and make "meals" rather than consuming nutrient slurry? surely this is less efficient and therefore suboptimal

You should check out the thread about the guy who's looking for another way to get his Lean Cuisine meals shipped to his door and how he says something about how much water is wasted by boiling some pasta or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Honky Dong Country posted:

You should check out the thread about the guy who's looking for another way to get his Lean Cuisine meals shipped to his door and how he says something about how much water is wasted by boiling some pasta or something.

thats serious norman, jokester and plagiarist

• Locked thread