Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

It should be a wasteland really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Gringostar posted:

yes

PR/VI should also be a state

also guam and our other far pacific holdings should be one

the dakotas should be merged into one

52 states up in this bitch

I'd actually be cool with conglomerating the states into like 10 or 12 big states with roughly equal populations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

LGD posted:

I doubt other people would be though, since conglomeration means giving up substantial local control, which is a big issue even if the states are highly culturally similar. As just one quick example, Oregon and Washington have extremely different tax structures and rationalizing them would be a major sticking point, because you've got a powerful constituency for retaining one of the most regressively FYGM tax-structures in the nation vs. people who are used to not paying any sales tax whatsoever and vote it down every time it's proposed - and that's to say nothing of what the people in northern CA or Idaho/Montana would think of having policies set by populations living in Portland and Seattle.

Well yeah, I know it's not gonna happen, but it'd be nice if it did

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

DC should become an autonomous but privileged city-state trader republic like in CK2

Montana, on the other hand, should be a khanate

• Locked thread