Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If we were truly free, you could buy lollipops made of whatever drug you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

sincx posted:

Supposed to be used to treat cancer patients. But if you read the linked article, the company that made it sent sales reps to doctors' offices and illegally convinced doctors to prescribe it for much less serious conditions like headaches. It's literally drug dealing. Except if you are a drug dealer while being a rich corporate executive, you don't go to jail. Your company pays a fine and you keep stock options and year-end bonus.
Mhmm. Mhmm. Very sad. And which doctors' offices, specifically?

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What normal folk hasn't sold a tiny bit of crack? But now, pharmaceutical companies and doctors are acting like.. drug dealers??? Unbelievable...

Anyhow, my solution is to LOCK THEM UP. Thank you.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You realize that the fentanyl in the opioid crisis is all illegally produced in China, right?
Revenge for the Opium Wars, I get it. America deserves this.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JnnyThndrs posted:

Of course not, these were almost all BLACK people we're talking about, the media coverage was completely different. The main points were A)GANGS OF NEGRO CRIMINALS HIGH ON CRACK WILL ROB YOU, RANDOM WHITE PERSON.

B) CRACK-ADDLED WOMEN ARE GIVING BIRTH TO CRACK BABIES WHICH WILL GROW INTO CRACK MONSTERS, DEVOID OF HUMANITY.

C)GHETTO WOMEN ARE TURNING INTO CRACK WHORES AND WILL SPREAD AIDS THAT WILL KILL YOU.

And D)THE SELF-CLEANING OVEN THEORY(look it up, I'm serious)

Any sort of careful, balanced coverage of crack cocaine's affects on inner-city life was few and far between, and there were nearly no sympathetic stories of addicts like you see with the opioid epidemic.
It's because of the accompanying violence. There's been a slight uptick in homicide in the past few years, but that's mostly been driven by spikes in cities like Baltimore.

You're also apparently ignorant of how black people have historically felt about drugs in their communities. (Hint: they don't like it.)
http://prisontime.org/2013/08/12/timeline-black-support-for-the-war-on-drugs/

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

drat it I wish we were half rear end good as what's written here
She's way more right than wrong, but I chuckled at some of the idealism.

It's important to temper idealism with realism, which can be hard to do with imperfect information behind the Great Firewall.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SeXReX posted:

I don't think every drug would be able to be active orally like this unfortunately.

I'm no chemist though.
Probably right, but it's the principle.

The law should never attempt to shackle the mind. The pursuit of happiness includes mind-altering substances. Prohibition is un-American, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Good news, guys. After 30 years of advocacy, concerned citizens have finally gotten the FDA to admit MDMA is a "breakthrough therapy" for conditions like PTSD. It could be approved for prescription as soon as 2021. The system works!

• Locked thread