Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

my glasses are disgusting. i keep cleaning them with like special tissues with the medical smelling poo poo on it and they get dirty agian within the day. no i dont smear my fat fingers on them. maybe i do idk. fellow glass goons lets solve this once and for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gimme those gat dang candies

they are within your aura, and your aura is made out of rancid grease

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

FATAL ERROR
please terminate to continue

Basically you're constantly dying and the dead bits fall off of you and gunk up everything around you

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Yeah, I feel like I'm a reasonably non-disgusting person, but a coworker told me a few weeks ago that she only cleans her glasses every few weeks, and I was blown away. I have to wipe poo poo off them constantly. Multiple times a day.

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

The anti-reflective coating is a dirt magnet

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i have no idea what coating i have. all i know is they have a blueish reflection and they attract dust like crazy

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000
Forum Veteran

I order from zennioptical and always get the oleophobic coating. It's well worth the price. They get less dirty and if you have a microfiber cloth you can wipe them clean without any cleaning fluid.

BloodRed
Apr 21, 2004

lol just lol if you let an 'optometrist' tell u you need glasses

it's like if you are born gay, some people just see the world differently, ya know?

like, some people can see the fine hairs on a womans neck stand up as you tell her you love her

some people just see like fuzzy mush

that's u

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I order from zennioptical and always get the oleophobic coating. It's well worth the price. They get less dirty and if you have a microfiber cloth you can wipe them clean without any cleaning fluid.

sounds good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

i spent a bajillion dollars on some sick glasses and frames like 5 years ago now theyre all scratched up and hosed up so i cant see and have to clean them all the time whereas when they were new they stayed clean from eons. i think i wanna buy glasses like the cool guy from westworld had.

The Science of Suck
Mar 17, 2009

try wearing protective goggles when you're being t-bagged op

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Smythe posted:

i spent a bajillion dollars on some sick glasses and frames like 5 years ago now theyre all scratched up and hosed up so i cant see and have to clean them all the time whereas when they were new they stayed clean from eons. i think i wanna buy glasses like the cool guy from westworld had.

post a pic of the glasses

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Wear contacts

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

FisheyStix posted:

Wear contacts

i wore contacts non stop and slept with them on for up to 2 years with the same pair and i thought i was going to get eye AIDS then i visited an eye doctor and she was like pff that's just bullshit your eyes are fine

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

anyway i wear glasses because im extremely ugly and i feel like its good to have something symmetrical on my face

Peace de Bundy
Dec 29, 2006

WHY DID MY ABUELA LOSE? HOW COULD ANYBODY FAIL THE ICE QUEEN OF MISSOURI? YOU FOOLS. YOU'RE ALL FOOLS. MUSLIMS FOR HILLARY 2020

Maya Fey posted:

i wore contacts non stop and slept with them on for up to 2 years with the same pair and i thought i was going to get eye AIDS then i visited an eye doctor and she was like pff that's just bullshit your eyes are fine

you wore the same pair of contacts for 2 years straight ? No way . They would dissolve and ughhh

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Peace de Bundy posted:

you wore the same pair of contacts for 2 years straight ? No way . They would dissolve and ughhh

they didnt and i never had any issue except when i was very dehydrated (hangover etc) where i had to take them out a couple days. they were like oxygen permeable silicon

Peace de Bundy
Dec 29, 2006

WHY DID MY ABUELA LOSE? HOW COULD ANYBODY FAIL THE ICE QUEEN OF MISSOURI? YOU FOOLS. YOU'RE ALL FOOLS. MUSLIMS FOR HILLARY 2020

Maya Fey posted:

they didnt and i never had any issue except when i was very dehydrated (hangover etc) where i had to take them out a couple days. they were like oxygen permeable silicon

i knew there was no way you never took them out, i tried to extend my 2 week contacts into like a month and a half and it was unbearable

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Mine are clean right now but sometimes I get cum on them. Is this your issue too op

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT OF THE KUATO FAN CLUB 4/2/13-PRESENT

KUATO IS MY HERO! AMA!

four eyes! *gives wedgie*

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Gem

Maya Fey posted:

i was about to make this post before i scrolled down and saw yours

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Nap Ghost

but where we're going we won't need eyes to see

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

four eyes! *gives wedgie*

I am giving this guy a wedgie as he gives someone else a wedgie.

We Know Catheters
Jan 14, 2006

Sounding for the greater good

Stop jerking off onto them

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Gem

im gonna take a whack at this and suggest you use a lotion or moisturizer on your face especially under the eyes and rub a bar of white soap (not the scratchy exfoliating kind) on your glasses then buff it off completely (supposedly keeps glasses from fogging up. maybe it will help)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

Maya Fey posted:

the ones i have now are these and i have really liked them a lot: https://www.zerogeyewear.com/albany

i cant find a pair that look like bernards glasses all the ones ppl post online dont look liek them at all. its bullshit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

my thots on glasses (as if ne1 asked..) is if u gonna wear these pieces of poo poo for every waking minute of ur life.. well.. should probs get some Deece ones.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hell Gem

Smythe posted:

my thots on glasses (as if ne1 asked..) is if u gonna wear these pieces of poo poo for every waking minute of ur life.. well.. should probs get some Deece ones.
ramblings of a madman imo

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

It was a foggy morning this am and I didn't know if it was the air, my glasses or my bleary eyes that was foggy

Turned out it was a brain tumor. Man am I glad that's sorted out

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

just wash them with water + dish soap

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Zorodius posted:

just wash them with water + dish soap

i do this every morning

Wamdoodle
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Grimey Drawer

Is it some kind of goop? Glasses goop?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ive narrowed it down to "angel dust" and "ghost cu"m

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Bifrost

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

lol if you’ve never had someone blow a massive wad on your spectacles with their testicles

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

cool how a t shirt is the best glasses cloth on earth and 999 times better than al the fancy cloth things u get over the years

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

lol if you’ve never had someone blow a massive wad on your spectacles with their testicles

As a good catholic boy my brain filled in "wallet and watch" after that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

once the oleophobic or whateve coating rubs off ur hosed. 100% doomed to have filthy glasses forever.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

Noblesse Obliged posted:

As a good catholic boy my brain filled in "wallet and watch" after that

no such thing as a good catholic lol owned bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Smythe posted:

once the oleophobic or whateve coating rubs off ur hosed. 100% doomed to have filthy glasses forever.

piss!!!!!!!!! rear end!!

«2 »